Whats Wrong with this Picture?

mark1447

Curious: How do the girls get up from that position?

(Not that I want to try sitting on the platform edge with my legs over the track - especially on the (E) or (7) lines with their frequent trains).

The few times I have sat on the edge of a platform (Ave L at BERA), I jumped down to the roadbed. Even I would have a hard time getting back up from a sitting position in a hurry considering I would most likely be in a state of schock as a train come rushing to me. (6'3", 225 lbs). I consider my self to be in shape and have some upper arm strength.

Note* Avenue L is the platform that RT cars use up at BERA and the times that I have sat there, I know for a fact that either no trains were operating in the area or know trains were operating at all and this was done in the performance of my work there. I in no way condone people sitting on the edge of platforms. If you do, you stand a very good chance of getting killed. SO DON"T DO IT!

The few times I have sat on the edge of a platform (Ave L at BERA), I jumped down to the roadbed. Even I would have a hard time getting back up from a sitting position in a hurry (6'3", 225 lbs). I consider my self to be in shape and have some upper arm strength.

Note* Avenue L is the platform that RT cars use up at BERA and the times that I have sat there, I know for a fact that either no trains were operating in the area or know trains were operating at all and this was done in the performance of my work there. I in no way condone people sitting on the edge of platforms. If you do, you stand a very good chance of getting killed. SO DON"T DO IT!

Thank you, INDman.

I see two idiots that will be under an R44 and R46 in minutes. And then their parents will sue the MTA for not telling them its dangerous.

This was taken after 11PM, and the (A) doesnt run express suring that time but local. But work service train, yes.

Well, while everybody's sharing their stories, I was at Grand Street, and a crowded B (or was it D?) train arrived. Apparently, one guy had to be so impatient that he climbed over the wires that bound each car to the next. Once in between the cars, he tried opening one of the doors, but that particular train had the doors that are locked from the inside and out. The train rode away. Wonder where he is now? (Probably Coney Island......)

Well, while everybody's sharing their stories, I was at Grand Street, and a crowded B (or was it D?) train arrived. Apparently, one guy had to be so impatient that he climbed over the wires that bound each car to the next. Once in between the cars, he tried opening one of the doors, but that particular train had the doors that are locked from the inside and out. The train rode away. Wonder where he is now? (Probably Coney Island......)
You're kidding me! If the (:) or (D) train was Brighton Beach or Coney Island bound and he was stuck between two cars with the doors locked (R68s) as the train began departing, he'd shortly be emerging onto the Manny B.. Oh Man! I hope he held on tight.

if he even made it that far, he coulda been barbecued and flattened by the train and 3rd rail

One time I saw something even crazier.I was waiting for a#(1) train at 181st.A homeless man jumped onto the subway tracks an climbed to the other side of the platform seconds before a train arrived.No pics,sorry:(

Hey when I was a kid, I saw a guy go down the tracks in a No clearance lucky the motorman saw him and stopped about 15 feet short of him, he was a dead duck if the M/M didn't. That station was a fast station too (Lex/53 Queens bound), that train woulda gored him because at 40 MPH there's not much time to react.

People don't think before they go down. Luckiliy it was called in immediately and when that guy got off the tracks there were five cops ready to haul him in.

All because he dropped a dollar bill down there. Your life ain't worth a dollar. But some people think they're smarter than the train, and do it anyway. There was a video of some idiots doing it on the (J) line on Youtube and lucky for one of them he got back up and No I don't have a link nor do I know if it's still there...

Hey when I was a kid, I saw a guy go down the tracks in a No clearance lucky the motorman saw him and stopped about 15 feet short of him, he was a dead duck if the M/M didn't. That station was a fast station too (Lex/53 Queens bound), that train woulda gored him because at 40 MPH there's not much time to react.

People don't think before they go down. Luckiliy it was called in immediately and when that guy got off the tracks there were five cops ready to haul him in.

All because he dropped a dollar bill down there. Your life ain't worth a dollar. But some people think they're smarter than the train, and do it anyway. There was a video of some idiots doing it on the (J) line on Youtube and lucky for one of them he got back up and No I don't have a link nor do I know if it's still there...

Oh, you mean like this

(They wouldn't be laughing if that guy got hit by a train)

or this?

DANG

3rd person was drunk. 1st person was the video I was referring to...idiot. 2nd person was probably even dumber because 1) they did it for sport, 2) definitely did not look both ways, trains can sneak up 3) they stepped on the 3rd rail protection board not once but FOUR times, that's 600 volts and 10,000 amps mere INCHES from them, and oh yeah, they also grounded themself to the steel columns too so that if they did "miss" and touch it they'd wind up cajun style blackened....yeah real smart.

and then some train crew has to deal with it.

Oh man, that was smart! He jumped down to the tracks and ran across the express and local track to the local platform and turned and ran back, touching the third rail board four times in process. He's lucky he made it; his friend is lucky he didn't witness him contacting the third rail or being hit by a train.

Archived