Express Bus Marriage

Q101viaSteinway

Any other weddings that occurred on Express Buses or from the relationships on the express bus. Please feel free to describe them here or any relationship that formed on the express bus. Because I found this article from liweddings.com about a marriage on the QM1A while doing a google search of the QM1A:

"THE QM1-A Commuter Bus that runs the Queens-Nassau border to Mid town. At 6:10 a.m. A wedding. Agent Peter Beilin to R.N. Debra Oman. Performed, while holding the overhead strap, by Rabbi Scott Hoffman. The couple met on that bus March 1. Let us fervently pray neither ever requests a transfer. "

Any comments.

This sounds stupid... I would be embarrassed if I had a wedding literally ON a bus.

Impossible if this supposedly occurred on an MCI.... ask anyone that's ever had to stand on one, while the bus was in motion....

Even if they were on the O5's, I'm calling BS... not @ you 101Steinway, but the overall story.....

What overhead straps.... lmao....

This sounds stupid... I would be embarrassed if I had a wedding literally ON a bus.

Impossible if this supposedly occurred on an MCI.... ask anyone that's ever had to stand on one, while the bus was in motion....

Even if they were on the O5's, I'm calling BS... not @ you 101Steinway, but the overall story.....

What overhead straps.... lmao....

I just checked the site and it was from 2004 during the old Queens Surface days

Any other weddings that occurred on Express Buses or from the relationships on the express bus. Please feel free to describe them here or any relationship that formed on the express bus. Because I found this article from liweddings.com about a marriage on the QM1A while doing a google search of the QM1A:

"THE QM1-A Commuter Bus that runs the Queens-Nassau border to Mid town. At 6:10 a.m. A wedding. Agent Peter Beilin to R.N. Debra Oman. Performed, while holding the overhead strap, by Rabbi Scott Hoffman. The couple met on that bus March 1. Let us fervently pray neither ever requests a transfer. "

Any comments.

That "request a transfer " joke was pretty clever.LOL.

Lots of people who ride the same express bus route are good friends, having met on the commute, e.g.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/03/realestate/03comm.html?_r=1

Last time I was on a QM17, everybody except me seemed to know each other.

A romantic relationship could possibly develop on the express bus (I remember your earlier thread about subway crushes and the website where people post them), but it does seem a little extreme that they would get married on the bus.

Interestingly, the express buses seem to have a massive preponderance of female riders, so a marriage as you described would probably be unusual because of how few men are ever on an express bus.

DISCLAIMER: I am by no means anti-LGBT nor suggesting that marriage/domestic partnerships be restricted to heterosexual couples, only commenting on the situation described by the OP.

Lots of people who ride the same express bus route are good friends, having met on the commute, e.g.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/03/realestate/03comm.html?_r=1

Last time I was on a QM17, everybody except me seemed to know each other.

A romantic relationship could possibly develop on the express bus (I remember your earlier thread about subway crushes and the website where people post them), but it does seem a little extreme that they would get married on the bus.

Interestingly, the express buses seem to have a massive preponderance of female riders, so a marriage as you described would probably be unusual because of how few men are ever on an express bus.

DISCLAIMER: I am by no means anti-LGBT nor suggesting that marriage/domestic partnerships be restricted to heterosexual couples, only commenting on the situation described by the OP.

The prevalence of men on express buses is higher on Yonkers, Eastchester, Far Rockaway, and College Point Routes but for LaGuardia routes riders are nearly exclusively women.

Hmm... I wouldn't completely dismiss this idea. MTA Bus is magical, I guess.

Mabical?? like Shrek megical??

So I guess divorces take place on local buses:cool:

I have not seen any lately ....but........I seen alot of fights!!

The prevalence of men on express buses is higher on Yonkers, Eastchester, Far Rockaway, and College Point Routes but for LaGuardia routes riders are nearly exclusively women.

When I used to ride the X63 regularly between 2005 and 2008 I always saw the same faces. It's roughly 80% female. However, the women weren't that attractive. They were mostly middle aged and married. Still, it was fun to ride the express bus.

When I used to ride the X63 regularly between 2005 and 2008 I always saw the same faces. It's roughly 80% female. However, the women weren't that attractive. They were mostly middle aged and married. Still, it was fun to ride the express bus.

dam, tough break...

on the BM2 especially, it's probably a higher %-tage of women on that bus than the x63 there.... difference is, a good portion of them are pretty good looking.... I don't know about married, but the number of middle aged women outnumber the older women (by older, I'm going by 40+).... Last week I took a 2.. got on at greenwich/battery pl... I pay my fare... there was one seat left (lucky me), and there was not one man seated... the sistas are takin over canarsie :P

too bad I have to ponder upon the behemoths in this neighborhood...

not saying you're right or wrong bro, but I can't think of any exp. route at the moment, where there are (significantly) more men than women....

Archived