From Boston's MBTA System

My camera's digital screen is broken. I left it in my school bag by accident and it got knocked around. I didn't let that stop me from what was probably the only opportunity I could have gotten to go to Boston to railfan today. So, forgive me if the pictures aren't exactly up to par. I couldn't exactly see what I was taking a picture of:

First, Southborough station, where I had to start from:

100_2074.jpg

100_2075.jpg

100_2078.jpg

They really like that T symbol...

100_2081.jpg

Their version of the stop marker.

100_2085.jpg

The above is when I got sad that I couldn't see exactly how the picture came out...

100_2090.jpg

100_2091.jpg

Even on a Sunday, we got a bi-level, and we sure did need it.

Orange line!

100_2092.jpg

100_2093.jpg

100_2095.jpg

Green Line!

100_2096.jpg

100_2099.jpg

100_2101.jpg

100_2103.jpg

100_2106.jpg

100_2107.jpg

Blue Line!

100_2110.jpg

100_2113.jpg

100_2115.jpg

Red Line (station...the trains were too noisy, I forgot to take a picture of the rolling stock).

100_2118.jpg

Ending back at Southborough:

100_2120.jpg

100_2121.jpg

Videos!

I come back to New York on Sunday! Let the railfanning continue! Hope to see you guys soon.

:tup::tup::tup::tup:

Thanks!

Nice job even though you had a broken screen.

Thanks. Hopefully, I can get it fixed.

Good stuff

Thanks.

Slammin pics and videos!

Thanks!

Awesome stuff, the Boston (-T-) is doing it's job, B)!

Thanks! Yes, Boston is doing its job, but the Red Line seriously needs some noise mufflers or new cars; they were deafening.

Nice pics.Boston looks very bleak on a day like that. Their subway cars look like path cars.

Thanks! All of that rain the previous day was probably the cause of that. Their subway cars run like PATH cars, very fast acceleration.

• 2 months later...

The original Blue Line cars were built by Hawker-Siddeley (now part of Bombardier) and were modeled after the PATH PA3, also built by Hawker-Siddeley. The new Blue Line cars shown above are built by Siemens and are designed to look like the old Blue Line cars, thus the resemblance to PATH cars.

EDIT: Also, the Orange Line cars were built by Hawker-Siddeley at the same time so they look similar to PATH PA3 cars as well.

Archived