11/15/09 all over railfanning

fordhamkid7721

Today was the day I actually had an agenda and did nothing close to it lol except New SF and Jamaica. I did New SF to the Canarsie, to the Jamaica, to the Shuttle to the Flushing to the Queens Blvd to the Lex back to the D home. Long day, lots of pics. Here ya go

New South Ferry:

SDC15234.jpg

SDC15235.jpg

SDC15236.jpg

SDC15237.jpg

SDC15232.jpg

SDC15229.jpg

SDC15239.jpg

BMT Canarsie Line:

SDC15271.jpg

SDC15274.jpg

SDC15349.jpg

SDC15317.jpg

SDC15302.jpg

SDC15333.jpg

SDC15305.jpg

SDC15361.jpg

SDC15301.jpg

SDC15356.jpg

BMT Jamaica Line

SDC15329.jpg

SDC15328.jpg

Shit caught me off guard:

SDC15297.jpg

L from the Jamaica Platform

SDC15361.jpg

SDC15434.jpg

SDC15433.jpg

SDC15365.jpg

SDC15431.jpg

Here it is coming back

SDC15408.jpg

SDC15411.jpg

SDC15429.jpg

SDC15487.jpg

SDC15450.jpg

Ran into a friend along the way

SDC15496.jpg

But anyway back to the pics lol

SDC15435.jpg

lol DarthFitti

darthfitti.jpg

SDC15497.jpg

Ok coming away from Jamaica to the 8th Avenue Line

SDC15511.jpg

SDC15510.jpg

To the Flushing Line where a mini Michael Jackson was in the mezzanine by the 7

SDC15515.jpg

And Hit up the GC Shuttle for a second

SDC15519.jpg

A few epic speed blur shots from the 7

SDC15534.jpg

SDC15544.jpg

SDC15555.jpg

went to 63rd Drive...then to 71st but those pics got deleted because they were epic blur

SDC15590.jpg

To Roosevelt

SDC15635.jpg

Back home on the D

Bounses

SDC15740.jpg

SDC15647.jpg

SDC15637.jpg

SDC15731.jpg

another 42 J shot

SDC15407.jpg

Some Bway Junction/Atlantic Action

SDC15325.jpg

SDC15355.jpg

hope you enjoyed the trip, I sure did...there are alot of more pics that didn't "make the cut" persay lol but I'll find em and add em later if I feel like it. Thanks and Enjoy

Nice pics! And glad you got that R42 J train.

Also how was the SF station? B)

Thanks! I know it caught me off guard when I caught it both times...and the damn 160 J leaving Marcy got in the way of one epic shot I was trying to set up...but SF...yeah theres nothing but water on the tracks and the walls are leaking in places it seems...but the station was nice...should've got a video but it was worth the local trip lol I'll probably be going back soon

Great work! I've never rode on the Jamaica (J)(Z) line, it's always been "the line that time forgot" for me. Seeing some pics from that line is a real treat.

You should try to get a ride on it. It lost some of it's luster with the R160s on the line and the loss of a clear(or somewhat clear) railfan window but it's a nice scenic line with alot of photo oppurtunities. Next trip probably this coming weekend I wanna hit Alabama Ave on the J and Cypress Hills, those are just my main goals and the rest is just spontaneous

Same for Cypress Hills on the J line :P

In the daytime if its above ground any stop is ok with me, and Cypress Hills is a epic photo spot

Next trip my "main goals" are:

-Cypress Hills

-Alabama Avenue

-Lefferts El/Rockaways(big maybe)

In the daytime if its above ground any stop is ok with me, and Cypress Hills is a epic photo spot

Next trip my "main goals" are:

-Cypress Hills

-Alabama Avenue

-Lefferts El/Rockaways(big maybe)

Agreed. It only sucks that the only times I'm able to get shots there is when the sun is working against me. ;)

One day I might try to get there in the early morning.

Excellent shots!

Thanks dude!

Agreed. It only sucks that the only times I'm able to get shots there is when the sun is working against me. ;)

One day I might try to get there in the early morning.

I like cloudy days where I don't have to worry about this stuff and the wet tracks and ties make the camera look HD lol

Anyway heres a vid from Saturday. I'll upload the others later maybe

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0hod_sUDuY

I've never taken pics there when it snowed, but it's a pretty good place to get some pics. The 3 stations I've taken pics from the most are: Howard Beach, Broad Channel, and B116th. I haven't visited the Far Rockaway side for a while now. The last time I was there was 2006 when the R160B train was running on the A.

I'm waiting for it to start snowing again...I wanna take my hand at all types of conditions and angles. Idk about being a photographer but this is just a hobby for now lol

Archived