Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

56k- H.S.E.S Shots- Plus Cafeteria

FamousNYLover

Is the food as good as it looks?

No! School food is garbage, Trust me! Pizza burn't makes it look like bird crap >_< . Lettuce found in apple sauce( Might of been a student playing)

Breakfest.. erm a bit of gd and bad

Milk... I opened up a milk once and found a roach inside. Im like wtf? Sh*t canned it

Great pics btw

My alma mater! I see the cafeteria hasn't changed. I wonder if people still throw milk cartons and apples at each other.

Ya last yr as senior, you'd see that. a HUGE food fight. And some teens showing off in the lunch rooms.. Wit load a*s rap music

No! School food is garbage, Trust me! Pizza burn't makes it look like bird crap >_< . Lettuce found in apple sauce( Might of been a student playing)

Breakfest.. erm a bit of gd and bad

Milk... I opened up a milk once and found a roach inside. Im like wtf? Sh*t canned it

Great pics btw

Ya last yr as senior, you'd see that. a HUGE food fight. And some teens showing off in the lunch rooms.. Wit load a*s rap music

Thats discusting, When I was in school they made me pay 1/2 on lunch the cheap mofo's at the board of ed, and the food was garbage except pizza day lol

Thats discusting, When I was in school they made me pay 1/2 on lunch the cheap mofo's at the board of ed, and the food was garbage except pizza day lol

Tell me about it lol. Tho I prefer REAL pizza not School based lol. The cafe ladies(Some) also have attitude from time to time which pisses me off, when changing food.. Tho not eaten..

School system changed of course..

Before 2004(Middle school) we had to use some card to show that we are able to eat for free. Before 2002-2001 (100% Free Lunch, tho for the younger ones, Not sure HS)

High School:

2004-2006 we has "Lunch tickets" a booklet with ticket numbers which you gave to the personal in the cafe to show em you can eat for free. Anyone else pays 1.25$ about and 25 cent for milk.(Various for hours for food..)

2007 later- We have to use a pin they gave us. You enter it in the pin machine, like the ones used for EBT at stores and the lady checks if its our pin. She also checks if we get free lunch or pay. If we pay we go this machine:

378012015.jpg

Enter our PIN(Pin used for non-free food) and put money in it. Once money is it we go back and put pin in showing we payed. This machine is also used to buy non-launch food with receipt(To lunch store) such as Pretzels, snack cakes, icy and so. (Cant use money at counter).

All of this was started because the BOE wanted us to feel some application out for people who have low income(Walfare, SSI or so) or have money, that way they ether pay for lunch or get it for free by the gov't..

Ive been getting free lunch of course all my life.. Yes i know the food is garbage but had no choice but to eat it. SOME was good of course. Like triangle pizza(Fresh), tacos and sandwiches as well as products not mad by manufactures such as General Mills Cheerios.. I also miss the Strawberry milks they had!!

Tell me about it lol. Tho I prefer REAL pizza not School based lol. The cafe ladies(Some) also have attitude from time to time which pisses me off, when changing food.. Tho not eaten..

School system changed of course..

Before 2004(Middle school) we had to use some card to show that we are able to eat for free. Before 2002-2001 (100% Free Lunch, tho for the younger ones, Not sure HS)

High School:

2004-2006 we has "Lunch tickets" a booklet with ticket numbers which you gave to the personal in the cafe to show em you can eat for free. Anyone else pays 1.25$ about and 25 cent for milk.(Various for hours for food..)

2007 later- We have to use a pin they gave us. You enter it in the pin machine, like the ones used for EBT at stores and the lady checks if its our pin. She also checks if we get free lunch or pay. If we pay we go this machine:

378012015.jpg

Enter our PIN(Pin used for non-free food) and put money in it. Once money is it we go back and put pin in showing we payed. This machine is also used to buy non-launch food with receipt(To lunch store) such as Pretzels, snack cakes, icy and so. (Cant use money at counter).

All of this was started because the BOE wanted us to feel some application out for people who have low income(Walfare, SSI or so) or have money, that way they ether pay for lunch or get it for free by the gov't..

Ive been getting free lunch of course all my life.. Yes i know the food is garbage but had no choice but to eat it. SOME was good of course. Like triangle pizza(Fresh), tacos and sandwiches as well as products not mad by manufactures such as General Mills Cheerios.. I also miss the Strawberry milks they had!!

all that just to eat a meal during learning hours, omg this is why i love this country, everything's tit for tat

when i went to h.s in '94 (art & design) they didn't let you out for lunch, so i was given a ticket book and had to give one up everytime i wanted to eat that food, besides not having a locker and having to carry my coat, bookbag art tools and everthing else 700 flights of stairs

all that just to eat a meal during learning hours, omg this is why i love this country, everything's tit for tat

when i went to h.s in '94 (art & design) they didn't let you out for lunch, so i was given a ticket book and had to give one up everytime i wanted to eat that food, besides not having a locker and having to carry my coat, bookbag art tools and everthing else 700 flights of stairs

Yeah you can't go outside for lunch too. You must be a senior for that. Now they require some sticker to be shown to the Dean and/or Security Agent so they know your a senior which you can go out(Come back in with 45min or the time needed). No sticker no leaving...

Yeah you can't go outside for lunch too. You must be a senior for that. Now they require some sticker to be shown to the Dean and/or Security Agent so they know your a senior which you can go out(Come back in with 45min or the time needed). No sticker no leaving...

Glad its OVER......

I went to Brooklyn Tech and they didn't let us go outside for lunch. Every other specialized high school allows its students to leave during lunch period.

It has always been like that, nothing has changed. Your parents must fall below a certain level for you to qualify for free lunch, otherwise you pay for your own. Also the Board of Education is no more, it's the Department of Education now.

I went to Brooklyn Tech and they didn't let us go outside for lunch. Every other specialized high school allows its students to leave during lunch period.

H.S.E.S. doesn't allowed either unless if it was student doing volunteer at H.S.E.S.

It has always been like that, nothing has changed. Your parents must fall below a certain level for you to qualify for free lunch, otherwise you pay for your own. Also the Board of Education is no more, it's the Department of Education now.

Thx, and yes I know BOE is now DOE just saying..

Did HS always had to pay for lunch? Middle school and Elementary no i guess?

Thx, and yes I know BOE is now DOE just saying..

Did HS always had to pay for lunch? Middle school and Elementary no i guess?

It's the same for all school levels. If you don't qualify for free or reduced lunch, you parents have to pay.

Archived