East Side speedway for buses: MTA plans quicker 1st, 2nd Ave. trips

Harry

The Second Ave. subway project may be just inching forward, but the city and the MTA have big plans for an aboveground face-lift, too.

Bus-only lanes that would speed travel along First and Second Aves. are planned for September 2010, officials said Tuesday.

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority is buying dozens of super-stretch buses for the new service. Each big rig will have three doors instead of two, so passengers can get on and off more quickly.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/11/18/2009-11-18_east_side_speedway_for_buses_mta_plans_quicker_1st_2nd_ave_trips.html#ixzz0XDd8GuMz

post-1-13328858116_thumb.jpg

post-1-13328858116_thumb.jpg

The Second Ave. subway project may be just inching forward, but the city and the MTA have big plans for an aboveground face-lift, too.

Bus-only lanes that would speed travel along First and Second Aves. are planned for September 2010, officials said Tuesday.

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority is buying dozens of super-stretch buses for the new service. Each big rig will have three doors instead of two, so passengers can get on and off more quickly.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/11/18/2009-11-18_east_side_speedway_for_buses_mta_plans_quicker_1st_2nd_ave_trips.html#ixzz0XDd8GuMz

i like the sound of that,good idea..

I'm glad it is 3 doors. Perfect for SBS, but artics really should have 3 doors as it is a hassle when the bus is crowded and people need to get off causing delays for when people need to get on the bus.

I dont know why MTA didnt order their D60HF's with 3 doors to begin with makes it easier for boarding and unboarding

Archived