Just Curious

NX Express

The Point is that last year or (2007) people in Harlem didn't wanna use shuttle buses, since they believe it didn't show up and just wanted a ride on the train.. Plus to add express service along 7th avenue during late night and for a ride for access to West 145th St/148th on the IRT Lenox.. So they brought back the (3) Train. Back then it ended at 135th Street and used Middle track for a relay.. Till it was removed in 1994 [i think] and passengers had to use M7, M102 or MCH's (3) Free Shuttle bus. Now its to TSQ-42nd Street. Tho i'm noticing they keep pushing it to 34th Street, which i dunno why really. They may as well push it there or even 14th St..

The (3) 'shuttle' restores late night train service to Harlem-148th Street and to 145th Street. On Lenox Avenue, it creates ten minute service between 135th Street and 110th Street. On Broadway, it restores late night express service, though only between 96th Street and Times Square-42d Street.

Originally, there was a proposal to terminate the (3) 'shuttle' at South Ferry.

Possibly 14th Street might be better as a terminal for the (3) rather than 34th Street-Pennsylvania Station or Times Square-42d Street.

The (3) 'shuttle' restores late night train service to Harlem-148th Street and to 145th Street. On Lenox Avenue, it creates ten minute service between 135th Street and 110th Street. On Broadway, it restores late night express service, though only between 96th Street and Times Square-42d Street.

Originally, there was a proposal to terminate the (3) 'shuttle' at South Ferry.

Possibly 14th Street might be better as a terminal for the (3) rather than 34th Street-Pennsylvania Station or Times Square-42d Street.

Do you have a source for the (3) to SF sir? Tho that may not work if its going Express, could back up trains on the Local track while connecting from Exp to Local..

And yup 14th Street is much better, since there is no Local service that will cross its way..

The Point is that last year or (2007) people in Harlem didn't wanna use shuttle buses, since they believe it didn't show up and just wanted a ride on the train.. Plus to add express service along 7th avenue during late night and for a ride for access to West 145th St/148th on the IRT Lenox.. So they brought back the (3) Train. Back then it ended at 135th Street and used Middle track for a relay.. Till it was removed in 1994 [i think] and passengers had to use M7, M102 or MCH's (3) Free Shuttle bus. Now its to TSQ-42nd Street. Tho i'm noticing they keep pushing it to 34th Street, which i dunno why really. They may as well push it there or even 14th St..

id say let it run via 7 Av Exp between 96 St and Chambers St and terminate at South Ferry with the (1) during late nights. it doesnt have to go to Brooklyn.

id say let it run via 7 Av Exp between 96 St and Chambers St and terminate at South Ferry with the (1) during late nights. it doesnt have to go to Brooklyn.

Yes but then if a (2) was at Franklin the (3) would have to cross and have the (2) to wait, while a (1) is behind it. For that it should stick with 14th, tho it all depends on the Schedule

I don't get why the (3) isn't just a full time line, with it running local and the (2) running express late nights. Was the (3) ever a full time line?

Yes but only from 148th St to 135th St.. And it is a full time line, but not in Downtown/Kings.. Plus the (2)(4) replaces it south..

Yes but only from 148th St to 135th St.. And it is a full time line, but not in Downtown/Kings.. Plus the (2)(4) replaces it south..

Even when it went to Flatbush? BTW I know about the (2)(4) replacement, I was just editing my post when you posted, so my bad.

Yes but then if a (2) was at Franklin the (3) would have to cross and have the (2) to wait, while a (1) is behind it. For that it should stick with 14th, tho it all depends on the Schedule

theyre just gonna have to ajust the schedule. all trains run every 20 mins (although it feels like 40).

or...have the (1)(3) make all local stops between 96 St and Chambers St, then (1)(3) run together to South Ferry, while the (2) runs via 7 Av Express.

like the (4)(6):

(4)(6) make all stops.

although i feel the (4) should be kept Express in Manhattan.

like the (N)(Q):

The (N) makes all stops

The (Q) runs via Broadway Express

like the (D)(F):

The (D) runs via 6 Av Express

The (F) makes all stops

like the (A)(E):

(A)(E) make all stops, although i feel like the (A) makes way too many stops late nights. From 207 St to Far Rockaway, thats alot of stops. my ideas are:

Let the (A) run express in Manhattan.

Have the (D) via Central Park West Local and leave the (E) via 8 Ave Local.

these are just suggestions...but then again the (MTA) knows what their doing.

There's no need to make the 3 a full time line since the 2 and 4 already covers the stops the 3 makes in Brooklyn. And the 1 and 2 lines are local in Manhattan, there's no need for the 3. Much like there's no need for the B at night since other lines cover the segments it runs on.

yup. the (:P is not needed at night. the (A)(D)(Q) do perfectly.

I believe they make the (3) terminate at 34 St because the (1)(2) sometimes run express from 96 St or 72 St to 42 St during late night G.O's. Keeping the (3) at 42 St would delay the (1)(2) trains right behind it.

Even when it went to Flatbush? BTW I know about the (2)(4) replacement, I was just editing my post when you posted, so my bad.
When the 70(3) ran to Flatbush Avenue-Brooklyn College, it did so 6am to 10:30pm Monday through Friday and 6am to 8pm Saturday and Sunday. After that was 70(3) 148th Street-Lenox Terminal to 135th Street and 70(4) to Flatbush Avenue.

Archived