Is the R1/9 Nostalgia Train running today?

r40s 4501

It DID run today...I just couldn't make it...

Reason it Ran: The Rockettes, who were there.

Something similar was done last year.

The Duke event..

And damn, why didn't the t/a say something?

What time was it?

T/a site down...

The Duke event..

And damn, why didn't the t/a say something?

What time was it?

T/a site down...

No the Duke Ellington event was something different, that was in the spring...this is the Rockettes.

TA did say something on their Twitter apparently.

I believe the train left WTC at roughly 10:45 this AM

why would it be running on the (A) line today? LMAO

It did run today for the Rocketts. Thankfully nothing was posted about it so it was only the Rocketts and the press. It was a very nice and quiet trip.

Oh and Subwayguy, the train actually left at 10:30 so I'm sure that thru some people off.

It did run today for the Rocketts. Thankfully nothing was posted about it so it was only the Rocketts and the press. It was a very nice and quiet trip.

Oh and Subwayguy, the train actually left at 10:30 so I'm sure that thru some people off.

What is a fan trip without the foam?! :eek:

Wonder how long any waited who thought it was 10:45 and showed up after it left? Ah well the last two trips have re enforced the idea of "get there early". Good to hear it was a nice ride though.

At least they don't read the t/as "Tweet" page. I bet they don't even know what that is lol

That's an OK way to find out, as is trying to check mta.info, as they'll usually have the info up a couple hours before the trip, or if its early in the day maybe the night before...but the best way to find out is to know someone. Sometimes however the times do change slightly because this is RTO and anything can change with the snap of a finger so you have to keep up with the situation.

Personally I didn't go nuts trying to get info for this one, but that's because I had to work and had heard a few days back something would happen during the day...so I just got confirmation from a friend on the time and that was that.

I made it to that trip because of a Twitter update. I'm glad no one posted it here, although someone posted it on SubChat. Still, barely anyone showed, except a few of my friends. I'm glad I rode the Arnines in actual revenue service and I even got a shot of the beautiful Rockettes. Photos and videos will follow shortly.

It was nice, but the people who did show up had there faces pressed up agains the front window. I hope they windex that thing.

Not me! I just had my camera on record during the express run and then I sat down afterwards.

I got that train at WTC, right after the R1/9's leaves 47-50 sts an R32 (:P pops up on the Downtown Express Track, Today was Straight Up Vintage.

Saw any R32/R42 (V)s?

That's an OK way to find out, as is trying to check mta.info, as they'll usually have the info up a couple hours before the trip, or if its early in the day maybe the night before...but the best way to find out is to know someone. Sometimes however the times do change slightly because this is RTO and anything can change with the snap of a finger so you have to keep up with the situation.

Personally I didn't go nuts trying to get info for this one, but that's because I had to work and had heard a few days back something would happen during the day...so I just got confirmation from a friend on the time and that was that.

i know but most people dont know about the t/as tweeter, like the OP maybe?

I personally didn't know it was running till i saw this topic.. I thought the Arnies December special was running. So far no word..

I made it to that trip because of a Twitter update. I'm glad no one posted it here, although someone posted it on SubChat. Still, barely anyone showed, except a few of my friends. I'm glad I rode the Arnines in actual revenue service and I even got a shot of the beautiful Rockettes. Photos and videos will follow shortly.

It was also a 'quiet trip' in October 7th when they ran the Low V for the Yankees-Twins playoff game. I got an inside tip about the trip and was able to make it for that event.

It was also a 'quiet trip' in October 7th when they ran the Low V for the Yankees-Twins playoff game. I got an inside tip about the trip and was able to make it for that event.

Yup many of those trips were quite nice due to the lack of railien presence...towards the end they began to get more crowded as word got out and as the playoff games got more important, but it's nice when the train picks up randoms who get on, enjoy the ride, and ask about the train. I think that does well for the MTA because people appreciate things like that and it shows them a different side rather than just them complaining about "bad service" (quotes intentional) all the time

Archived