New R160 at 207 11/18/09

R33WF

I wonder why those cars are delivered to their respective yard at night... Nice catch though!

All new R160s go to 207th Street when they first come in. After they are tested for 30 days, they go to where they are supposed to go.

One interesting thing I heard about the R160s being delivered, they are welded to the rails in the flat bed in addition to all the chains holding them down.

All new R160s go to 207th Street when they first come in. After they are tested for 30 days, they go to where they are supposed to go.

One interesting thing I heard about the R160s being delivered, they are welded to the rails in the flat bed in addition to all the chains holding them down.

whats welded the wheels to the rails on the lowboy?

I think they would damage the wheels on the train plus they have to remove all the welds wich is not 123, I dont know about that one.

whats welded the wheels to the rails on the lowboy?

I think they would damage the wheels on the train plus they have to remove all the welds wich is not 123, I dont know about that one.

I got that info from one of the guys who over sees the deliveries of the R160, seems Alstom is extremely paranoid.

I was thinking the same thing. Guess they think the labor is worth it.

I guess they dont want to take chances, bumps, turns ect, chains do get loose and I don't know if they have the brakes on, I dont know how it works with train cars, I move machinery on lowboys, depending on the machine they dont have brakes. But any wrong move can be catestrophic.

I guess they dont want to take chances, bumps, turns ect, chains do get loose and I don't know if they have the brakes on, I dont know how it works with train cars, I move machinery on lowboys, depending on the machine they dont have brakes. But any wrong move can be catestrophic.

I see what you are saying, they guy who told me said it in a way "WTF are they doing". I think it is because if anything happens while transporting the car, they have to pay for it. It seems like alot of work, but if had a choice between welding the car to the rails or paying to replace the car, it'd weld the hell out of it.

Archived