7 line extension may get 41st Street stop

Trainspotter

7 line extension may get 41st Street stop

The city's offer Thursday to partially fund a sought-after 10th Avenue station on the No. 7 subway line fueled a political squabble of who should pay the rest of the bill.

Outgoing Deputy Mayor Daniel Doctoroff told a state assembly oversight committee Thursday that the city is willing to foot $225 million - or half the cost - for a shell of a station on 10th Avenue and 41st Street. The station would be part of a $2.1 billion city-funded expansion of the No. 7 line, which currently includes only one stop at the Javits Center.

Full story: amny_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - December 21, 2007

Keyword: "MAY"

When they say that they'll put the stop instead of a "shell" then I'll listen.

But ya, I agree with Seb about making an extension for the (7) and (F) in Queens instead of the other way around. One thing though, I think the MTA is afraid of moving forward past Main Street on the (7) since they first thought they weren't going to move the line anymore from there. The (F) can most definately being extended past where its at now in Queens. BUT, it should be the (V) that should past 179th Street. I think there, the (V) would look good and possibly be appreciated than what it is now. Sorry to head way off topic there, but had to make those points.

And the sad part is, a Queens extension on the (7) and (F) would never happen, thanks to all the opposition that would come from the NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard) people.

Aw man, your right, I forgot about NIMBYs in that area.

That would be more of an interference with an extension to the (F) more than the (7) since ppl actually want an extension of the (7) past Main Street and more into Long Island. With the (F), not many ppl are actually asking for it.

Archived