Bus Operator Work Programs

Pelham Bay Dave

I was looking at the TENS Website looking at the B/O Runs schedule for the BX 12 Line. It looks like they are work horses 40 Minutes lunches and 10 Minutes lay overs if you lucky during the 8 HRS. It looks like some go over penalty jobs but its looks like a lot of work. I am just wondering is the the exeption or DOB Reality for most B/O's? I didn't have time to check all of the lines just downloading Gun Hill was a Half Hour.

I was looking at the TENS Website looking at the B/O Runs schedule for the BX 12 Line. It looks like they are work horses 40 Minutes lunches and 10 Minutes lay overs if you lucky during the 8 HRS. It looks like some go over penalty jobs but its looks like a lot of work. I am just wondering is the the exeption or DOB Reality for most B/O's? I didn't have time to check all of the lines just downloading Gun Hill was a Half Hour.

The Bx1/2 are hands down the workhorse line(s). There there are 76 runs on that line, as compared to 60, IIRC for the Bx12. Overnight the breaks can be just 33-35 minutes. During the evenings it can be as much as 50 or more minutes. Those who have enough seniority, they pick jobs with 3 hour breaks. They get paid only for 1.5 of those 3 hrs, though. Next time download Kingsbridge Bx1/2. As for the layover at the end, the Bx1/2 can give you between 7 to 16 minutes, on some runs. Next pick when I am on the Bx41, I have a trip that when I get to The HUB (149st/Third Ave.) on Sundays, I get 20 minutes layover. There is a trip I only get 7 minutes. My lunch breaks are 49 minutes on Sunday, 49 minutes Mondays, 48 minutes Thur/Fri, and WOW a great 1 hr 42 minutes on Saturdays.

Archived