Lincoln Tunnel delays getting out of hand

JohnQPine

Last Friday night it started before the toll booth on the NJTP onto 495, Took nearly 20 min to get that past toll booth, and then an hour to get to the Lincoln Tunnel entrance. I really think the Port Authority needs to have bus lanes at all times. Only anyone foolish enough to drive into midtown Manhattan should sit in that traffic, not bus riders.

I'm really suprised NJ Transit didn't detour buses to the Holland, where 1010 WINS said there was minimal delays. I'll never understand why NJT doesn't have buses stop at Secaucus and have the trains cross honor the tickets.

Here's the video of the traffic jam, in case no one believes me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlt2VuUlLto

Last night around 8:30, it was an HOUR delay onto the GWB going towards the city...and I was on Route 46 approaching the span. Got off it just in time! 1010 WINS said that the Lincoln Tunnel delays were widdled down to nothing so I quickly detoured towards the Lincoln. It was only a 5 minute delay to the Lincoln and I was in the city in no time.

Last Friday night it started before the toll booth on the NJTP onto 495, Took nearly 20 min to get that past toll booth, and then an hour to get to the Lincoln Tunnel entrance. I really think the Port Authority needs to have bus lanes at all times. Only anyone foolish enough to drive into midtown Manhattan should sit in that traffic, not bus riders.

I'm really suprised NJ Transit didn't detour buses to the Holland, where 1010 WINS said there was minimal delays. I'll never understand why NJT doesn't have buses stop at Secaucus and have the trains cross honor the tickets.

It's not my fault that you can't afford a car, so don't impose your "bus lanes" onto me. You get them during rush hour so you should be happy with that.

Archived