Two Train Shots...

Cait Sith

Nice!

And wow, i think the R160s is being hatted by lots. Can't complain of course! SMEE 4ever

You said it. I just traded the R44's spot on my favorite car from most to least with an R160, so now R160s are at the bottom of my list. I'd rather ride R44s all day than a 160.

I gotta start railfanning more often now...these R160s have killed my mood for railfanning but it would be nice to fan in different areas

DSC04752.jpg

DSC04768.jpg

i understand how u feel my dude it took me a while to warm up to the 160's it seemed them & the 143's lacked that NYC transit flavor i remember when the R68's came out...they had that flavor, i love seeing them with that big orange (D) on front, not so on the 160's but i must admit the 160's are growing on me

Slammin pics!

lrg: I like the R160 more than the R44. The R44 is my least favorite car.

Lol! I understand. For me, it goes back and forth. I can say that I like the R160s over the R44 except when it comes to SIR's R44s, which beat the R160 on my list.

I wish the subway would gain its variety back. Remember when we had 300 Slants in the system, and on that fateful day of June 12th, we only had ten, soon to be zero? Man, those were the days, Sadly, robots are protruding the system. :P

I gotta start railfanning more often now...these R160s have killed my mood for railfanning but it would be nice to fan in different areas

I don't get it, people didn't complain when we had over 2000 RTS, and when we get a crapload of a new subway car or bus, we never hear the end of it.

Nice shots though.

I wouldn`t say I hate the R160`s,but you have to admit that it has been like a record,seeing it over and over.When these new tech trains came,it took a lot of variety out of the subway system,being able to see different equipment.At one point I remember there was nothing but RTS buses on the road,until Orion 5`s changed the city`s bus game.Let us charish our old tech equipment.I will always hold on to my R44`s:cry:

I don't get it, people didn't complain when we had over 2000 RTS, and when we get a crapload of a new subway car or bus, we never hear the end of it.

Nice shots though.

Precisely. The generation of railfans today is FAR different than past generations. When trains retired, people continued with their lives. Wish the same could be said for today's generation of railfans because all they do (at least some, if not all) complain too much and take car retirements for granted. Let me put it this way: when the Slants were on their last sets of wheels, I rode the hell out of those trains to show my appreciation, and then I let it all go. Wish the same could be said for the R40 Mods, but I couldn't make it on their last day. If I see an opportunity set for me, I'll take it. If I miss out, I miss out, and I move on.

People these days take everything for granted.

I wish the subway would gain its variety back. Remember when we had 300 Slants in the system, and on that fateful day of June 12th, we only had ten, soon to be zero?

Judging by the fact there there are still Low-Vs, D types, and A/Bs still on property, it will be years 50-60 maybe before there are no slants, 32, 38, and the sort in the system.

Archived