No more RTS buses in Staten Island?

jeffmorris

I think that bus is with Far Rockaway now

I wouldn't be surprised if it has West Farms stickers and New York City Bus labeling; 8407 and 8621 are at FRK with MJQ stickers.

Let's see-

Last RTS I rode in the Bronx-8366 on the Bx8 November 2008

Last RTS I rode in Staten Island-forgot the number but it was on the S79 in 2008

8366 was at West Farms by then? That bus was at Grand Avenue in summer 2008 and I recall seeing it every so often there until it was retired this month.

• 2 weeks later...

actually all 9300s from ulmer are gone they are at lga but lga put 9303 in scrap because it got old and it wasnt running good so therefore 9300s at ulmer were nyct brand bus and now they are mta bus brand . and about 6 or 7 9300s are at diffrent depots . 9331 and 9339 are at eny . and they only left us with 9324 , 9330 , 9314 , 9305 , 9301 and 9309 thats all . 9334 is at mjq in manhattan .

• 1 month later...
I wonder why NG's went to Staten Island in the first place.

You should definitely know why, since you're from Staten Island too. The entire bus fleet went to hell and SI needed replacements ASAP.

And also because there was a deal between the SI Boro President and the MTA for 125 NGs, and another deal between the Port Authority and MTA when the S89 was created for some NGs.

Archived