Very New Tech Train

NX Express

I bet there too lazy to even scratch there a*ses..

I wounder whats the yellow wood for anyway.. Hold cab door?

It is to pick up the shoe of the train off the third rail if something is broken. It is made of wood, so the motorman can't get fried. It can hold the cab door open (the sliding ones) but is not the official use of it.

A lot of those punches are very hard to reach. you have to stick your body halfway out the window, and this, often over the controller. That's why I use them. If I can reach it (which is usually when it's on a wall, and not over a platform or on a pole on an elevated structure), then I just reach for it.

One time at 23rd Street in Queens, I was standing at the 10-car marker and a T/O operating a (V) train overshot the marker and the punchbox by a few inches. He asked me to punch it for him and I did. Usually, I've seen T/Os who overshot signal the conductor to hold open the doors and get out and punch it themselves.

One time at 23rd Street in Queens, I was standing at the 10-car marker and a T/O operating a (V) train overshot the marker and the punchbox by a few inches. He asked me to punch it for him and I did. Usually, I've seen T/Os who overshot signal the conductor to hold open the doors and get out and punch it themselves.

Yeah. One time I was coming home on a Queens bound (E). The T/O overshot just enough to miss the punch but not the conductor's board and went out to do it.

And that's kind of weird of the T/O asking you to do it. *Imagines you punching the wrong one. :P*

Yeah. One time I was coming home on a Queens bound (E). The T/O overshot just enough to miss the punch but not the conductor's board and went out to do it.

And that's kind of weird of the T/O asking you to do it. *Imagines you punching the wrong one. :P*

Well, if he got the wrong one, the T/O can see by the signals can't they? Always check the line-up before leaving a location. But it would be funny if some noob didn't know anything and just accepted the line-up.

Well, if he got the wrong one, the T/O can see by the signals can't they? Always check the line-up before leaving a location. But it would be funny if some noob didn't know anything and just accepted the line-up.

I was going to say good point but you contradicted yourself right there.

He told me which one to press.

But you already knew that :eek:

Yes. Yes I did. :P

But that doesn't mean I'm going to go off a limb and press buttons when I see the train coming into the station. The train could be rerouted for all I know, and then the T/O could be in hot water.

A lot of those punches are very hard to reach. you have to stick your body halfway out the window, and this, often over the controller. That's why I use them. If I can reach it (which is usually when it's on a wall, and not over a platform or on a pole on an elevated structure), then I just reach for it.

...and forget it if you didn't stop "spot on"...

One time I was working with a VR guy. Going NB on the (M), he'd missed his punch for the Broad Street lineup at Court Street... thank God he knew he was able to punch later because I'm never in the mood to do what I'd have to do had we ended up at Whitehall. We'd paused so long because he was in a toss up as whether to walk back and key open his door to punch... unfortunately I'm always afraid my T/O's going to drop dead for some reason. :P

I'm standing at near the end of the platform at a station, and an NTT on the (N) pulls up. There is a punch-box there. The T/O takes a long, yellow, solid piece of wood and presses the button on the punch-box with it. And that's called a New Technology Train!:P:P

Nothing new about that, some T/Os cant reach the punchbox, the one at the Canal Street station is pretty high up there, some can reach, some cant, that is why some T/Os uses that yellow board to get their selection on the punchbox.

One time at 23rd Street in Queens, I was standing at the 10-car marker and a T/O operating a (V) train overshot the marker and the punchbox by a few inches. He asked me to punch it for him and I did.

No offense, but I kinda find that hard to believe...

With a shoe paddle. Some do that if they're too lazy to get up and hit the button.

I am not Lazy, I cant reach out all the way with a NTT to get to my puches on the (J) line. The Windows don't come down faw enought for me to do it. So I need a shoe paddle to get them. Or I have to get out of my cab walk out of the train a phuch, witch takes more time. What would you have me do?

I wounder whats the yellow wood for anyway.. Hold cab door?

The first part I take offense to. I am not lazy, try doing 4 trips a day on the (J) line or 2 trips on the (A) and see how tired you get.

Second part. A show paddle is used to slip under the train Contact Shoes to keep power from the car incase they have a runaway motor. You remover power from the Third Rail first then go around putting one under every Contack Shoe that is on the third rail. There are a few other things to do on that car before power car be put back on. But I wont get into it.

I am not Lazy, I cant reach out all the way with a NTT to get to my puches on the (J) line. The Windows don't come down faw enought for me to do it. So I need a shoe paddle to get them. Or I have to get out of my cab walk out of the train a phuch, witch takes more time. What would you have me do?
He said some not all, relax. :P

Archived