Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pablo M 201

Well, I decided to ride the vintage bus that was running on the M34 for a bit in the evening rush to kill some time before I headed home from the mall. Enjoy!

P1010671.jpg

I've read on the ads in the buses, that you can ride the vintage buses (rust buckets as I call them), for the price of a regular ride. How does one pay? Do they have a MetroCard farebox?

I've read on the ads in the buses, that you can ride the vintage buses (rust buckets as I call them), for the price of a regular ride. How does one pay? Do they have a MetroCard farebox?

The buses have Metro Card fareboxes just like any other bus.

WOW! New meets the old.

I was thinking to myself maybe they installed the MetroCard readers on them.

That answers the question that I had.

I do miss the old fare boxes though. They made a great sound as they collected and (I assume) sorted, the coins/tokens. When I was a kid, my dad use to take me to the "Y" on Staten Island. I forget which line, I know we picked up the bus at 86th street and 5th ave in Bay Ridge.

Anyway, one day on the way home the B/O let me push the bar on the fare box for the entire trip bay to BR. Always had a soft place in my heart for B/O's ever since.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.