T/O vs Conductor Exam

subwaydriver

Hello all.

Anyone who took both which do you think was harder? I took the t/o and got 3 wrong which is 96.25 if I remember correctly. I thought all was ok 'till I saw the conductor list. There certainly arent any shortages of 96's and higher. Can I expect the t/o list to look similar?

Thanks,

Hopeful future T/O.

Hello all.

Anyone who took both which do you think was harder? I took the t/o and got 3 wrong which is 96.25 if I remember correctly. I thought all was ok 'till I saw the conductor list. There certainly arent any shortages of 96's and higher. Can I expect the t/o list to look similar?

Thanks,

Hopeful future T/O.

the t/o exam was harder i got 10 wrong... the c/o i got 3 wrong on the land mark part..

Yeah the T/O exam was definitely harder than the C/R Exam. But I actually got a higher score on the T/O exam. The T/O exam was one of the few test where I've had to use 2 hours or more of the given time. But neither exam was actually difficult in my honest opinion.

Subway Guy you are the only one to get a perfect score on both the TO and CR exam I think. you lucky sob.

I'm sure someone else out there did it, it's no big deal...as anyone working for transit will tell you the exams are the EASY part of getting and holding onto the job

I'm sure someone else out there did it, it's no big deal...as anyone working for transit will tell you the exams are the EASY part of getting and holding onto the job

Yeah, You ain't never lie about that statement. Taking these DCAS exams don't compare to the actual training classes and exams you have to take once your hired.

Yeah, You ain't never lie about that statement. Taking these DCAS exams don't compare to the actual training classes and exams you have to take once your hired.

yeah it doesn't compare, because the instructors in school car basically give you the answers to every exam right before you take them. B)

• 1 month later...

I would have scored a 100% on the T/O test if they would not have asked a certain landmark question that is not a popular landmark. Other than that I got all of the reading comprehension questions correct. I didnt take the conductor test so I dont know what would make it easier.

I dont see what would make it harder since its still a reading comprehension test and the answers are given to you in the paragraph before the question.

yeah it doesn't compare, because the instructors in school car basically give you the answers to every exam right before you take them. :P

Except those practicals...

Nobody is holding your hand with that...

When we took our road practical we had the Supt Of School Car with us and he was in a BAD mood...

He was ready to flunk people out on the spot....

Me and my classmate set it off frist we had a R62A with crappy dynamics but we got him in a good mood with our operation and after a while he was laughing and joking with one of our School Car TSS's.

I heard one story that he had his hand on the cord because one T/O's operation was so shaky....

Except those practicals...

Nobody is holding your hand with that...

When we took our road practical we had the Supt Of School Car with us and he was in a BAD mood...

He was ready to flunk people out on the spot....

Me and my classmate set it off frist we had a R62A with crappy dynamics but we got him in a good mood with our operation and after a while he was laughing and joking with one of our School Car TSS's.

I heard one story that he had his hand on the cord because one T/O's operation was so shaky....

People fail the road practicals all of the time and ALWAYS get to take them again.

once of my classmates screwed up on two parts due to nerves and passed the practical without even retaking it. :eek:

p.s. a supt was there to observe us as well.

They was lucky....

My class did not have that luck and you know what? You still had a few T/O's who had to turn in their handles because they either..

Couldnt stop the darn train the right way

Or was scared to move the darn train the right way...

Back in those days it took you a hr and a 1 min to get to Utica on the (4) one T/O got there in and hr and a half with no track gangs no 12-2's no delays whatsoever..

They was lucky....

My class did not have that luck and you know what? You still had a few T/O's who had to turn in their handles because they either..

Couldnt stop the darn train the right way

Or was scared to move the darn train the right way...

Back in those days it took you a hr and a 1 min to get to Utica on the (4) one T/O got there in and hr and a half with no track gangs no 12-2's no delays whatsoever..

I imagine that T/O crawled to the marker every stop?

I imagine that T/O crawled to the marker every stop?

Yep, nearly stopped at the C/R board then took two points to the ten car marker...

It all happened when he blew Gun Hill Rd S/B on the (5)..

Put quite a few cars out panicked and messed up the road with a 10 minute headway i might add...

On the platform for a few then back out on the road they had a TSS ride his train(he didnt know it) to check his operation...

That was his last day working down here...

Yep, nearly stopped at the C/R board then took two points to the ten car marker...

It all happened when he blew Gun Hill Rd S/B on the (5)..

Put quite a few cars out panicked and messed up the road with a 10 minute headway i might add...

On the platform for a few then back out on the road they had a TSS ride his train(he didnt know it) to check his operation...

That was his last day working down here...

I guess if you don't have it in you, its not ment for you. It cannot be that hard to operate a subway train. I got a taste of it in the summer and I felt right at home.

I guess if you don't have it in you, its not ment for you. It cannot be that hard to operate a subway train. I got a taste of it in the summer and I felt right at home.

Then again, at BERA you're not on a tight schedule ;) or approaching the stations at fast speeds and stopping on the marker :P

Archived