Outstanding certification

DOB2RTO

Just called DCAS (after checking out another board where someone with a higher list # said they are on an outstanding certification), and found out I'm on an outstanding certification. That means that letter for the first phase (drug and alcohol) should be coming soon. It is great to know just this much.

So your looking at a 3 Month wait sounds great! Before you know it you be looking down at the West Farms Depot from the # 2/5 Lines.

Next month on the 6th I'll be back at Kingsbridge, where I started. I'd rather look at that depot from the 1 line. I'll see some of my fellow operators, and can wave at them, or give them finger jokingly. B)

Great!!!

Good to hear..

Hopefully soon you will be moving equipment with metal wheels instead of rubber one's...:cool::cool::cool:

Thanks. If they put me in the B Div (granted everything goes well), maybe I'll see you guys.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I will go to A Div. though.

You never know I could be back in the A Div next pick so one never does know. I got to see how the pick will play out this will be one of the most intresting picks with increases service on some of the lines.

How does that work? I guess you pick A or B div, but can you change things... lines, divisions, etc?

How does that work? I guess you pick A or B div, but can you change things... lines, divisions, etc?

This I would like to know also, so I have an idea. Also how many picks do they have, and do you have to stay in your division until the end of the year, or can you switch divisions every pick?

Ok my fellow RTO students watch and learn. When you are called for T/O or even C/R to report to School car you may or may not have a choice on what Div your in. We pick every 6 months and you have the option to also change your Div. but that request MUST be made in advance pri to the start of the pick selection. You can't just show up to the Pick and say I don't like these jobs I want to go to the other div because you will be stuck with one of those jobs you don't like.

When can you transfer from one Div to the other?

You can transfer only if you have enough senority to pick a Job in that div. If you can't then your stuck in the Div assigned to you from School car.

The way I have done it since I became a T/O I always put in a request to transfer from B to A Div. When I was Road Extra I was Denied by the pick office since I couldn't pick a job. I started to be able to pick since the Summer of 07 so my transfer was appoved but I seen a job in the B Div I liked so I picked it which in turn cancels the B TO A Transfer request. I have canceled it twice so far.

We pick every 6 months and you have the option to also change your Div. but that request MUST be made in advance pri to the start of the pick selection. The way I have done it since I became a T/O I always put in a request to transfer from B to A Div. When I was Road Extra I was Denied by the pick office since I couldn't pick a job.

I will do the same if they stuff my rear in the B Div. To be honest I wouldn't mind the B Div, as long as the jobs are on either the A and C out of 207st, or the B and D out of Concourse. Heck, it can be all 4 in 5 days. They are all close to Yonkers, and I would get to play with the big equipment. But that seems like the senior citizen T/Os would get that though.

Last 6 months? Geez that's alot of time to be doing the same thing. At Surface we have 4. One winter pick (which is also called the General Pick where you can switch depots), and 3 in house picks. Those are Spring, Summer and Fall. I guess Local 100 likes us Surface workers better. You all do get those neat turtle neck looking shirts, and winter coats. We get freeze wear. MTA might like you all better than us.

I think they like B/O better then us in RTO. When you look at your depot over our crewrooms its a joke. Also we don't have union Rep in 98% of all RTO terminals and reporting locations.

If they send you to the B Div you will see the whole city. You may see 90% of your assignments uptown but it will be mixed with Reports to Continenal,179,Parsons, Stillwell,Euclid,Far Rock and Pitkin YD. When it comes to picking its hard to get 5 days uptown since there are few jobs. The best I could have did was 4 days out of 207 St Late PM so I decided to travel to get off early but I still keep myself Uptown on the WKends which seems to be getting harder. I got picked out of the C Line on Sat and came over to the A Line and bumped them from being uptown.

Happy Holidays to all!!!!

Archived