Septa and NJ Transit Forum Merge?

N-Trizzy2609

Is it really a good idea to mix NJ Transit with the SEPTA forums? I think they should be separated as they are two majorly different operations.

It's was either combine them or drop SEPTA period. So we decided to combine them instead. Let's give a week and see how it works out.

(H)arry, if they are combined (which i don't really have a problem with), how about put in PATH too, since their busiest lines were all once PRR mainstays, and PATH is a vital link between NY and NJ even (MTA) and (NJT)?

- A

How about sub-forums for each of them?

My thing with (NJT) and :septa:, is that they with the (MTA) (subway & bus aside), and PATH, operate on former CNJ, PRR, NYC, Reading, NYNH&H & EL tracks, by their construction & design were meant to link the new haven to philadelphia, NJ and surrounding areas/the entire region. Say if you removed amtrak, no more amtrak trains & kept transit, you could still effectively get between delaware and connecticut etc. It makes sense to have an "umbrella" forum section. in this case i feel, with (MTA) railroads in one, and (NJT), :septa:, and PATH in another.

It's sad though, to think state chartered transit agencies had to take over to fill the gaps left by the disintegration of the now fallen flag 'roads. IF only they didn't decline and have massive portions of their trackage turned into something else, even houses!

- A

My thing with (NJT) and :septa:, is that they with the (MTA) (subway & bus aside), and PATH, operate on former CNJ, PRR, NYC, Reading, NYNH&H & EL tracks, by their construction & design were meant to link the new haven to philadelphia, NJ and surrounding areas/the entire region. Say if you removed amtrak, no more amtrak trains & kept transit, you could still effectively get between delaware and connecticut etc. It makes sense to have an "umbrella" forum section. in this case i feel, with (MTA) railroads in one, and (NJT), :septa:, and PATH in another.

It's sad though, to think state chartered transit agencies had to take over to fill the gaps left by the disintegration of the now fallen flag 'roads. IF only they didn't decline and have massive portions of their trackage turned into something else, even houses!

- A

Yes, how about a prefix for :septa: or (NJT) created threads so people know what they're looking at?

The SEPTA and Bee-Line Forums have been absorbed by the US Regional Transit Systems forum. New Jersey Transit now has it's own dedicated forum. That's the decision I came to. I decided to cut down on the sub-forums and merge as many forums as I could. :cool:

To bad Bee-Line had to be cut, since its in the Tri-state and also on MTA areas.. Unlike SPETA..

But ok.

The old way was better for the whole forum IMO, but oh well its cool. I guess you just wanted to cut the moderation on certain forums and easier to navigate here?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived