Question About MTA Bus Stickers

kenglish

I noticed in some photos near the front door of the MTA buses that were stickers stating these buses are QA approved and then have a depot name. Do all buses have a sticker stating this and there home depot? So people or drivers know where the buses go at night in case they end up in another bourough or route.? Thanks:)(MTA)

:)so do the buses stay within a area of there depot so there always close by to there depot for faster nightime return. Also do buses run all night or stop at a hour and then resume?

Pretty much, buses are usually rotated in and out during the day, for example I live about a few city blocks from the Casey Stengel Depot so I usually see buses that are out of service going in that direction throughout the day. At late nights buses usually run out of their depots every 30 minutes to an hour!

I noticed in some photos near the front door of the MTA buses that were stickers stating these buses are QA approved and then have a depot name. Do all buses have a sticker stating this and there home depot? So people or drivers know where the buses go at night in case they end up in another bourough or route.? Thanks:)(MTA)
check out our rate your favorite bus depot thread.It kinda give you an idea about our depots,what lines do they serve and what each logo means.

All buses have depots where they are based from, whether that's New York City bus or MTA Bus Company. I don't think a bus route has buses that are based from more than one depot or shop.

A couple of routes are. Some routes are split, while some specials are loaned buses from other depots.

Ex: Q44 school specials uses the RTS from JAM. Q31 specials uses O7s from QV. The QBx1 is split between ECH and CP.

Archived