CDL

jr927

Hi, I'm on the list from the 8006 exam. I'm always reading different threads on this site. I'm confused about one thing. I know I need to have a CDL permit before I'm called to training. When and how do I get my CDL license? After the 7 day training period, and if I pass the MTA road test? Or do I need to get it on my own?

You are better off getting your CDL on your own before you start the training process. Maybe somebody that lives in Staten Island can point you in the right direction regarding CDL schools.

You just need the CDL Permit but keep in mind you will have to take the DMV Road test after you qualify. They give you 2 chances I believe, still it is added pressure that you can do without.

Thanks, Locomotion69

I took the same exam like you, and get my CDL from a driving school during my spare time. You best off getting the license from the driving school whlie you wait to get called. If you get the license before hand you only need to take Transit road test, and not have to deal with DMV again. You need a class B with Passenger Endorsement.

Hi, I'm on the list from the 8006 exam. I'm always reading different threads on this site. I'm confused about one thing. I know I need to have a CDL permit before I'm called to training. When and how do I get my CDL license? After the 7 day training period, and if I pass the MTA road test? Or do I need to get it on my own?

Hey Jr

If you should be on unemployment, look into the Dept of Labor

to help u pay for CDL school. They authorize the school in

Sheepshead Bay which is what I did. They didn't authorize the

AAA School here on the island. Not sure of others.

Good luck!!

Just to add that they train you on a school bus. If you don't qualify for the free CDL training program it will cost you between $500.00-$900.00, depending on how many lessons you think you will need. In my case I was comfortable driving the bus by my 4th lesson even though I paid for 8 1hr driving lessons.

They(CDL school)will set up the DMV road test appointment for you. Everybody who has responded to your thread so far is also on the 8006 list. Not sure what your list number is but if it's 927 I would get moving, don't procrastinate.:tup:

Archived