Kingsbridge.. C'mon man...

Orion

That fiberglass part was falling off since they were delivered, ride a Gun Hill Orion V, the VII NGs were rushed out of Orion. That has nothing to do with the depot. West Farms only keeps engines good, Kingsbridge :tdown:, Gun Hill keeps their Vs sexy and running well.

And the NGs in general, it's the drivers who mess them up, they never use this special button properly, supposed to be off 5 minutes before going to the depot, drivers keep it off the whole trip, the NG messes up quickly from that.

Dude, I took an Orion V from GH before, I got the Hell off that bus right after I got on The damn bus was leaking like crazy, WF just needs to keep their buses Clean, To then WF is the Best Bronx Depot, Kingsbridge is trash and Gunn hill follows, They need to improove on their mantance, Yeah Orion Rushed their Order but That's no exscuse, LGA is the wrost in queens but yet their NG's look great, The only buses that look good out of GH is the Artics.

Dude, I took an Orion V from GH before, I got the Hell off that bus right after I got on The damn bus was leaking like crazy, WF just needs to keep their buses Clean, To then WF is the Best Bronx Depot, Kingsbridge is trash and Gunn hill follows, They need to improove on their mantance, Yeah Orion Rushed their Order but That's no exscuse, LGA is the wrost in queens but yet their NG's look great, The only buses that look good out of GH is the Artics.

Well, here's my 2 cents

With all my recent trips to The Bronx, I would say West Farms is the worst, they already torched 2 VII CNGs, 1 Orion V and 4 artics, with 1 VII CNG which I believe it was 7665 going to scrap with an artic already gone. They also messed up a few of the loaner RTSs like 8808 & 8982. When MJQ had 8982, it was ungoverned. Once it went to West Farms, it got capped at 40 MPH. Kingsbridge is getting their act together but when I hopped on one of their artics and saw the rear section, I was in sheer disbelief.

Gun Hill in my opinion is better than the two depots, the Vs they had originally came from Casey Stengel, Castleton, Mother Clara Hale & West Farms to begin with & they were messed up way before they made it to Gun Hill, so thats not really their fault. Their artics have a pretty good upkeep but some got problems. The NGs, well that depends cause those bus operators runs those buses to the ground.

Well, here's my 2 cents

With all my recent trips to The Bronx, I would say West Farms is the worst, they already torched 2 VII CNGs, 1 Orion V and 4 artics, with 1 VII CNG which I believe it was 7665 going to scrap with an artic already gone. They also messed up a few of the loaner RTSs like 8808 & 8982. When MJQ had 8982, it was ungoverned. Once it went to West Farms, it got capped at 40 MPH. Kingsbridge is getting their act together but when I hopped on one of their artics and saw the rear section, I was in sheer disbelief.

Gun Hill in my opinion is better than the two depots, the Vs they had originally came from Casey Stengel, Castleton, Mother Clara Hale & West Farms to begin with & they were messed up way before they made it to Gun Hill, so thats not really their fault. Their artics have a pretty good upkeep but some got problems. The NGs, well that depends cause those bus operators runs those buses to the ground.

Oh yeah I rember those incidents.

How the hell do u have so many bus fires ?

I think they have had the most buses w/engine fires....

Oh yeah I rember those incidents.

How the hell do u have so many bus fires ?

I think they have had the most buses w/engine fires....

They might treat the CNGs good but they treat the other buses like garbage, those 6000 series Vs are dying much faster than the Vs in Staten Island altogether! Seen a few 6000 series Vs on the Bx15 recently and it looked worse than any bus out Castleton & Yukon...

They might treat the CNGs good but they treat the other buses like garbage, those 6000 series Vs are dying much faster than the Vs in Staten Island altogether! Seen a few 6000 series Vs on the Bx15 recently and it looked worse than any bus out Castleton & Yukon...

wow thats sad.

I WONT be surprised if an ex-MTAB O5 cng goes "bye bye" there...

Well, here's my 2 cents

It was actually 5657, and 7672 that are scrapped from WF

Whatever, I live here, you don't, and which V was it? I rode every single Orion in that depot, I know the head of the depot and alot of the drivers. If this was a while ago then yes Gun Hill sucked before DOT yelled at them, ride thier buses now before you run your mouth like you always do.

I see Flatbush Ngs everyday (at least 5 to 10), and even with the new ones (42XX series), I don't see any dents or duct tape. The buses are usually clean (except if the bus didn't get a wash after rain or heavy rain). I can't speak for the Bronx, but at least Flatbush takes care of the NGs. I know MJQ does. MHV, I see some banged up buses (albeit, they come from SI but come on, its been at least 6 months in manhattan). Maybe it is indeed the operators.

I think Flatbush takes care of their buses better than anyone...

I know those two were scrapped, im just talking about the buses they have that caught on fire. Another one-two VII CNGs and a V Diesel got caught on fire recently.

Hmmm I'm wondering what would happen if the NF C40LFs were still there.

Fire fire ffire! Fire all the day!

Flatbush is alright, Ulmer Park takes the cake for Brooklyn maintenance wise.

I disagree, Ulmer's 9300s were crap and rightfully so, they sent most of them to LGA to 'die'. They did get better when the 9300-9400s came in and of course the 5075-5124 buses from Flatbush.

I think Flatbush is the best overall for Brooklyn. Ulmer right now, probably right behind so long as they take care of the buses they have now. ENY is eh.. good for the newer buses, pretty bad with the older ones [8600s runned into the ground].

I disagree, Ulmer's 9300s were crap and rightfully so, they sent most of them to LGA to 'die'. They did get better when the 9300-9400s came in and of course the 5075-5124 buses from Flatbush.

I think Flatbush is the best overall for Brooklyn. Ulmer right now, probably right behind so long as they take care of the buses they have now. ENY is eh.. good for the newer buses, pretty bad with the older ones [8600s runned into the ground].

Those 9xxx you're talking about are from Staten Island mostly so...

• 5 weeks later...

I can say it again!!!! Kingsbridge Depot, Home of the Dawgs. I agree, KB has problems. We got others problems (crappy buses from elsewhere) when I was there, but now they are creating their own. They were always good for "it's broken, duct tape it"..........

One of those artic (IIRC 5657), caught fire after it ran over a mattress, and parts/debris got into the engine. I was at West Farms Depot when that one happened.........

1__cid__1215071021a-1.jpg

1__cid__1215071021.jpg

I can say it again!!!! Kingsbridge Depot, Home of the Dawgs. I agree, KB has problems. We got others problems (crappy buses from elsewhere) when I was there, but now they are creating their own. They were always good for "it's broken, duct tape it"..........

One of those artic (IIRC 5657), caught fire after it ran over a mattress, and parts/debris got into the engine. I was at West Farms Depot when that one happened.........

1__cid__1215071021a-1.jpg

1__cid__1215071021.jpg

Is that 5667. I've seen it like that parked outside West Farms depot

nice photos but damn what happend to the bus . that is crazy well that buses time is over it is dead now . kingsbridge is horrible i agree with everybody . and lga also but they keep their buses dirty it looks like . loll but some depots are better than others . :eek:

Archived