Kingsbridge.. C'mon man...

Orion

nice photos but damn what happend to the bus . that is crazy well that buses time is over it is dead now . kingsbridge is horrible i agree with everybody . and lga also but they keep their buses dirty it looks like . loll but some depots are better than others . :eek:

Some B/o's destroy the buses too

lol . bus operators want to run over stuff and swing the buses like its notthing and wind up hitting people . just like in coneyisland i take the b36 everyday and some b/os speed fast and some drive cautiously and on the b74 some drive fast and some drive cautiously . but top speed on b74 is 30mph . i would make a good b/o so i only got 4 more years til im a b/o hopefully .

I ride KB buses like everyday and I've seen how it changed over the years. When the fleet was all RTS and Artics things were great then O5's started popping up and kicking out the RTS... thats when it went downhill. Currently KB is making a comeback. The 6000s and Artics are getting fixed up now because the NGs don't give them nearly as many issues as the 4-600s did. Buses like that are few and far in between and the only reason it was thrown into service in that state was probably due to KB not having enough spares (which they never seem to have).

As for WF theres no such thing as a clean WF bus or one that doesnt sound like its about to blow up. The O7s have been a mess over there for a while but I feel like people like to just go in on KB and GH because those 2 depots had far more problem buses for a lot longer time. WF is about to turn into old KB because there are far too many different types of buses at the depot for them to keep up with.

To me GH is tied with KB and then WF

lol . bus operators want to run over stuff and swing the buses like its notthing and wind up hitting people . just like in coneyisland i take the b36 everyday and some b/os speed fast and some drive cautiously and on the b74 some drive fast and some drive cautiously . but top speed on b74 is 30mph . i would make a good b/o so i only got 4 more years til im a b/o hopefully .

The only way you will see a B/o driving slowly in my neighborhood is if the B/o is an old lady. Otherwise, B/o's in my neighborhood are bad drivers for the most part

That fiberglass part was falling off since they were delivered, ride a Gun Hill Orion V, the VII NGs were rushed out of Orion. That has nothing to do with the depot. West Farms only keeps engines good, Kingsbridge :tdown:, Gun Hill keeps their Vs sexy and running well.

And the NGs in general, it's the drivers who mess them up, they never use this special button properly, supposed to be off 5 minutes before going to the depot, drivers keep it off the whole trip, the NG messes up quickly from that.

For the record...the MTA has people on site at both of Orion's facilities in Mississauga and Oriskany overseeing the production of these buses. No bus can proceed through the production process without the consent of the MTA staff on site. If they felt that said NG's were ready to go, that's their cross to bear.

As for the fiberglass panels, it may well be flawed design. Roughly after unit #4250, Orion started using a heavy duty adhesive solution in place of the bolts to screw the engine doors onto the frame. Looks like the adhesive wasn't such a good idea seeing as the heat within the engine compartment must be melting the heat off. You may also notice fuel cap doors, etc. falling off because of this as well. You would be surprised how much they use high strength adhesive in buses, all of the interior panels (at least on the sides) are held up using only high strength adhesive.

For the record...the MTA has people on site at both of Orion's facilities in Mississauga and Oriskany overseeing the production of these buses. No bus can proceed through the production process without the consent of the MTA staff on site. If they felt that said NG's were ready to go, that's their cross to bear.

As for the fiberglass panels, it may well be flawed design. Roughly after unit #4250, Orion started using a heavy duty adhesive solution in place of the bolts to screw the engine doors onto the frame. Looks like the adhesive wasn't such a good idea seeing as the heat within the engine compartment must be melting the heat off. You may also notice fuel cap doors, etc. falling off because of this as well. You would be surprised how much they use high strength adhesive in buses, all of the interior panels (at least on the sides) are held up using only high strength adhesive.

Wow, that is sad. That is why MCI was/is a great builder of buses and coaches. MCI Classics, older MCI coaches (such as the 8, 9, 10), and the D4500's, are riveted together. That is what makes a long lasting durable bus or coach. Adhesive is a horrible idea, and anyone knows glue will come apart soon. Even crazy glue isn't what it use to be..........

Wow, that is sad. That is why MCI was/is a great builder of buses and coaches. MCI Classics, older MCI coaches (such as the 8, 9, 10), and the D4500's, are riveted together. That is what makes a long lasting durable bus or coach. Adhesive is a horrible idea, and anyone knows glue will come apart soon. Even crazy glue isn't what it use to be..........

You would be surprised. While the bodies of buses are all welded and blah blah...virtually all manufacturers use adhesive for interior panels these days and some exterior ones (NFI and Nova is just as bad as this). I dunno if this is just an MTA thing with the adhesive for the engine door springs, because I popped open the hood for Orion PT2 (EPA2010 Orion demo or the "3rd gen 2010 model") a few days back and it was still bolted to the frame.

Oh well...back to Kingsbridge buses!

I ride KB buses like everyday and I've seen how it changed over the years. When the fleet was all RTS and Artics things were great then O5's started popping up and kicking out the RTS... thats when it went downhill. Currently KB is making a comeback. The 6000s and Artics are getting fixed up now because the NGs don't give them nearly as many issues as the 4-600s did. Buses like that are few and far in between and the only reason it was thrown into service in that state was probably due to KB not having enough spares (which they never seem to have).

As for WF theres no such thing as a clean WF bus or one that doesnt sound like its about to blow up. The O7s have been a mess over there for a while but I feel like people like to just go in on KB and GH because those 2 depots had far more problem buses for a lot longer time. WF is about to turn into old KB because there are far too many different types of buses at the depot for them to keep up with.

To me GH is tied with KB and then WF

Kingsbridge did improve to an extent, I spent the last week checking them out and some of thier artics had me speaking in tongues, and with WF that's how VII CNG's are supposed to sound! They have a bunch of fast VIIs compared to a couple of months ago, and thier VIIs do much better than Gleasons. West Farms is almost as dirty as Casey Stangel when it comes to the exterior of buses, maybe even worse! The interior, forget it, though it's the riders fault usually.

Archived