Trying to decide on a forum for TrainZone

trainzone

I prefer phpBB(Version 3.0.6 out), its Free. I use it for my own forum i own. Loads of MODs(Modification), setup is easy and it is a popular Bulletin board software. Been using it for 3 yrs including Version 2.xx.

Even tho phpBB, VBulletin and IPB are the top 3 used..

Tho IPB i like as second, the design for Style is Hot! Tho costly like vB.

The ACP for IPB sucks tho, too hard to used, dunno about VB, only seen shots.. Phpbb3 is simple tho in tab form

SMF and the others are not that good.. In my view

Vb and IPB are NOT free btw! Tho still good BBs of course. I wish phpBB offered a better Profile system since theres is simple.. Unless Modded.

I prefer phpBB(Version 3.0.6 out), its Free.

Free at the cost of what though? :confused: I don't want a bunch of ADs running, and popping up on people.

I'm kind of leaning toward vBulletin because though not flashy, its easier to use. Did yall see the v.4 they have, not bad.

Free at the cost of what though? :confused: I don't want a bunch of ADs running, and popping up on people.

I'm kind of leaning toward vBulletin because though not flashy, its easier to use. Did yall see the v.4 they have, not bad.

No. 100% Free, no ads, no pop ups. its Free.

check em:

http://www.phpbb.com <

Nothing hidden. If you wanna add adverts its up on you but by coding it..

I use mySQL and php 5x[i think].

JC Ink/IPB Free for the win, even though it may get laggy at times. Nothing's perfect anyways.

Yeah but thats if he wants to make a forum with a sub-domain which makes it free..

Ive tried IPBFree, seems gd.. But if he wants his own domain and pay monthly hosting then he has to pay for IPB or vB. Others Like phpBB, SMF are free. I dunno if any others charge such as myBB

phpBB is alright...for a free message board system.

If you've got the green, go with vBulletin.

Yeah.. If you have more then $100 for vB.. Idk if it goes annually or by version for licenses. Which i think its that..

http://www.vbulletin.com/order/index.php

For 4.x

Even IPB charges too.

Plus i know people here know more about Vb, i can see why people pick it, because this forum is vB. But others should try IPB/phpBB to know how it is.. Ive done all 3, including SMF[Which isnt the best]

Tho idc all 3 are good. What ever taste you wanna go, go for it :tup:

Archived