What is the slowest subway route?

Kingsbridge Bus

I think that the (D) train is the slowest in (MTA) NYCT.Last Monday the (D) train was skipped many times Northbound between 59st and 135 st by (B) & (C) trains.When the train departed from 125st an (A) train was directly behind us waiting for us to leave.

I think that "honor" goes to the ®omeo AKA the "Slowmeo"..

Id say either (R) or (G) I remember waiting forever for both

Infrequent =/= slow

I think the (R) is the slowest route, but it's not as slow as people think it is. The only real slow portion of the route is between Canal St. and Pacific St. The 4th Ave. stations tend to just drag by too.

I'd like to think of certain segments as slow. It really wouldn't make a difference what the overall route is like when you probably don't traverse the entire route anyway.

• The West End line, where trains can run express from Coney Island and still make it to 36 Street slower than a Sea Beach local & 4 Avenue express
  • The segments between Dekalb Avenue and Atlantic Avenue–Pacific Street on the Brighton and 4 Avenue lines
  • The Broadway line south of Canal Street to Whitehall Street

Those are the ones I've personally experienced.

The (R) I think is probably the slowest moving line. It does come pretty frequently and usually on time as well, but I do not missing living off it. Ok I miss the area but not relying on the (R). The (G) probably is the worst for long wait times especially late at night. Speed wise though, the (G) is pretty good at moving things along.

I say the (G) and (R).Now for the IND this award goes to the (1).Dreadful during my employment as a foot messenger.

I think you mean IRT?

The (R) is a slow route, but trains are frequent. The (G) takes forever to come, but once it does that train fly's.

The (R) is slow(est) along its 4th av portion & the QB portion... IMO, it isn't as bad in Manhattan...

Same deal with the (2) in Brooklyn & the Bronx... isn't as slow in Manhattan as it is in the outerboroughs it serves...

The (C) is slow, overall, period... it's stint along CPW is the worst...

The (G) is more infrequent than it is slow...

I say the (G) and (R).Now for the IND this award goes to the (1).Dreadful during my employment as a foot messenger.

the (1)...slow?? The (1) is amazing for me. It's actually faster gettin me up to Washington Heights than the (A) somehow. IRT wise I'd give the (4)/(5) that award. The (G) gets it from me above all else.

What about the trains acceleration ?The (D) line takes me almost 3 hours to travel between Norwood 205st to Coney Island:(

The timers along CPW do (drastically) slow down the A & the D b/w 59th & 125th.... There are times when you're running neck & neck w/ the CPW locals... now that I can't stand....

...but lmfao @ that blatant exaggeration of yours

I think that "honor" goes to the ®omeo AKA the "Slowmeo"..

yesssss, definitely the (R). it is the SLOWEST LINE in the entire subway system compared to the (A)(:D©(D)(G)(M)(N)(V)(2), the (R) is the extreme slowest.

(E)(F)(L)(1)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7) are frequent.

(J)(Q)(W) are okay.

(S) shuttles don't really count.

(Z) doesnt really count because the (J) runs with it.

The timers along CPW do (drastically) slow down the A & the D b/w 59th & 125th.... There are times when you're running neck & neck w/ the CPW locals... now that I can't stand....

...but lmfao @ that blatant exaggeration of yours

they say the entire (D) line between Coney Island and 205 Street, Bronx is only 1hr and 15 mins if it runs normal. but from what ive been seeing, downtown (D) trains are running local making (:D© line stops between 145 St and 59 St, then normal to Coney Island, not including late nights when the (D) runs local making (R) line stops between DeKalb Av and 36 St, then normal to Coney Island. i feel like it is more than 1hr and 15 mins even when its running normal. i understand the congestion at 36 St, Pacific St-Grand St (skipping DeKalb Av then going via Bridge), then 59 St-columbus Circle to 125 St, then 125 St to 145 St, then 145 St to 205 St, but according to the conductors schedule, its an hour and 15 mins when running normal. how is that possible??

The Slowest moving line goes to the Slowmeo I Mean ®omeo. This is Local and has the most timers get gets pluged by the (V) In Queens (W) in Manhattan and the (M) during Rush Hours. The (C) would be faster if the riders didn't play there daily games wait at the end of the platform and other who hold the doors. The (C) is a fast local. The (M) is also a long and slow mover during Rush Hours Met to Bay Pkway lots of timer and slow speeds and the (J) slows the (M) down at Broad St then the (D)(R) play a role too in dragging the trip out but its not as painful as the (R) since its only Rush Hours.

If your going by Long waits or infrequent service that goes to the (2)(5)(A)(C)(G). Wkends you can also add (6)(F)

I think the (2) is the slowest route (except for the section between Chambers and 96 Streets during the day). It is slow in Brooklyn and lower Manhattan and has a long way to go from 96 Street up to 241 Street.

they say the entire (D) line between Coney Island and 205 Street, Bronx is only 1hr and 15 mins if it runs normal. but from what ive been seeing, downtown (D) trains are running local making (:D© line stops between 145 St and 59 St, then normal to Coney Island, not including late nights when the (D) runs local making (R) line stops between DeKalb Av and 36 St, then normal to Coney Island. i feel like it is more than 1hr and 15 mins even when its running normal. i understand the congestion at 36 St, Pacific St-Grand St (skipping DeKalb Av then going via Bridge), then 59 St-columbus Circle to 125 St, then 125 St to 145 St, then 145 St to 205 St, but according to the conductors schedule, its an hour and 15 mins when running normal. how is that possible??

One time I took the (D) from 145 Street to Coney Island and it was about 75 minutes.

Archived