What is the slowest subway route?

Kingsbridge Bus

As for the slowest, the (R) hands down. The entire Nassau Street Line comes in second.

I agree with everyone else that the (C) (and whenever the (A) runs local) is a fast one, especially if the timing into 42nd Street is right.

(2) from Clark St to Flatbush-Nostrand Av isn't terrible. It's infrequent, but not "excruciatingly slow".

Not excruciatingly, but it gets annoying northbound. Southbound, is the complete opposite with nice quick hops between stations.

It's especially infrequent on weekends; how's crowding on the (2) with that 12-minute headway?

I don't ride on weekends, but middays it can be forever for the train to show up. Before the 5 to Flatbush service became almost 18hrs, 2s would always be packed [around 7:30pm when I used it, while the 5 ran nearly empty to Utica] and I had to let one or two pass by before I could get on the 3rd train. I'm thankful the 5 is running, as I almost always take that train home.

Annoying yes, but it isn't terrible. The bottleneck is Atlantic Av and Franklin Av going s/b though.

I'm just glad that the (5) comes to Brooklyn now all day during weekdays. It was a pain waiting for the (2) back when I used the line until 2008 because I'd be waiting at Franklin Avenue for 15 minutes, watching (3) and (4) trains pass by like nothing.

• 1 month later...

Excuse the bumping of an old thread, but I wasn't sure where to put this!

We finally have an answer to "which line is the slowest" - it's the (G)!

Actually, it's the Franklin Ave (S)...but the slowest "line" is the (G).

Found it here: HRT_ScheduleSpeeds_Full_Rev

Also includes speeds by line for PATH, :septa:, MBTA, Chicago, Cleveland, LA, Miami, MARTA, WMATA, Baltimore, BART, and PATCO.

Excuse the bumping of an old thread, but I wasn't sure where to put this!

We finally have an answer to "which line is the slowest" - it's the (G)!

Actually, it's the Franklin Ave (S)...but the slowest "line" is the (G).

Found it here: HRT_ScheduleSpeeds_Full_Rev

Also includes speeds by line for PATH, :septa:, MBTA, Chicago, Cleveland, LA, Miami, MARTA, WMATA, Baltimore, BART, and PATCO.

Cool list;)

here are my choices for slowest lines in terms of movement:

the R: easily the slowest line.........lots of stops, and plenty of timers.........it seems like forever on that train

the D: another slow line as well, too many timers, slow equipment, means a slow ride

the A going northbound is pretty slow too......plenty of timers as well

the 2: too many stops.........gawd bless anyone who has to suffer on that line from 1st stop to last.........

the trains with the longest waits:

the c,g and #6(on weekends, especially sunday)

The TA really belives in PATH or Put Another Timer Here. The system has been slowed down alot, especialy after 1995. The sad thing is though, timers are a neccicary evil and even then, there are places where operators go too fast for the area.

yeah, its insane how slow the system is.......

yeah, its insane how slow the system is.......

Even with this place being slowed down to a snails pace, some T/Os still find places to go too fast. My favorite was to night when the T/O on a N/B (N) wraps it up just after the curve and held it as we swung onto the local tracks how we stayed on he rails escapes me.

Even with this place being slowed down to a snails pace, some T/Os still find places to go too fast. My favorite was to night when the T/O on a N/B (N) wraps it up just after the curve and held it as we swung onto the local tracks how we stayed on he rails escapes me.

Sometimes the T.O. goes so fast I find myself doing a vertical push up to keep my face from kissing the doors.

I can't imagine what an R train operator is feeling like operating a slow ride Forest Hills to Bay Ridge.

the 2: too many stops.........gawd bless anyone who has to suffer on that line from 1st stop to last.........
Unfortunately, I'm a victim of that abuse going from Wakefield to the city.

Some T/Os just have skills like that. Hopefully some of these new ones get seasoned and start operating a little less "safe".

I think in some places the (R) is slow but I seem to get from station to station in decent time.

Some T/Os just have skills like that. Hopefully some of these new ones get seasoned and start operating a little less "safe".

I think in some places the (R) is slow but I seem to get from station to station in decent time.

Since everyone is mostly bringing up the (R), I think it is fast in some places like going from Atlantic Av-Pacific St to 95 St. The slowest part of the (R) for me is going between Canal St and Pacific although it is fast from Whitehall to Court St.

Definitely the (R). Getting from 59th in Brooklyn to 5th Ave on the (N) can shave over 30 minutes... That's just sad.

um how is that sad? Do the math on the stations the (R) has to serve and the path it goes through. There is no way the (R) could stay on time with a express service over the bridge.

Archived