MTH's R142As Are Coming Down The Tracks

Well.... The pictures tell all.

MTHR142A1.jpg

MTHR142A2.jpg

MTHR142A3.jpg

MTHR142A4.jpg

These pictures are NOT mine, they were taken by MTH technicians. I have permission to upload them here.

Well I've seen these in action, they have actuate propulsion sound though the braking sound it somewhat cut in half. They have mock-up of the automated annoucment though the girl saying them sounds a little like Jessica. They come in 5-Car sets and they are NOT linked by drawbars like the Lionel R27's. (This means you can reenact Pelham 123 B) ) They are signed up for the (6) and they announce the following stops:

Pelham Bay Park

Parkchester-East 177th Street < I know MTH was off on that one.

Whitlock Avenue

86th Street Transfer for the (4) and (5) trains.

Grand Central Transfer for the (7) Train to Queens and Metro North to upstate NY.

14th Street-Union Sq Transfer for the (L), (N), (Q), and (W) Trains (Yeah I know no (R))

Astor Place

Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall (No transfer announcements at all.)

They cost $450 but Trainworld in Brooklyn has them for $375 last time I checked.

I'm hearing they might be shipped for January guys. I placed my back order for a 7-car set in 2006. This was part of one of the 2007 catalogs.

I heard august of '09. Its a different story everytime. I placed an order @ trainworld for the new r-30, but I'm def interested in the 142, keep me posted if you hear anything new, thank you.

Well.... The pictures tell all.

MTHR142A1.jpg

MTHR142A2.jpg

MTHR142A3.jpg

MTHR142A4.jpg

These pictures are NOT mine, they were taken by MTH technicians. I have permission to upload them here.

Well I've seen these in action, they have actuate propulsion sound though the braking sound it somewhat cut in half. They have mock-up of the automated annoucment though the girl saying them sounds a little like Jessica. They come in 5-Car sets and they are NOT linked by drawbars like the Lionel R27's. (This means you can reenact Pelham 123 ;) ) They are signed up for the (6) and they announce the following stops:

Pelham Bay Park

Parkchester-East 177th Street < I know MTH was off on that one.

Whitlock Avenue

86th Street Transfer for the (4) and (5) trains.

Grand Central Transfer for the (7) Train to Queens and Metro North to upstate NY.

14th Street-Union Sq Transfer for the (L), (N), (Q), and (W) Trains (Yeah I know no (R))

Astor Place

Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall (No transfer announcements at all.)

They cost $450 but Trainworld in Brooklyn has them for $375 last time I checked.

$450! My Parents could never afford this!:confused:

I'll look into it, I hope there not out for a while so I can scrape some money together. I hope that since it's a NTT, not alot of people want them so the price does not go up once there out. I am still looking for a CTA 6000 set though.

I'll look into it, I hope there not out for a while so I can scrape some money together. I hope that since it's a NTT, not alot of people want them so the price does not go up once there out.

Yeah same here I gotta scrape together some more cash, last month was real expensive for me...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived