Animated Luminator Bus Signs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aw, thanks, KR. This is one reason why I regularly go to this forum. Because there are so many colorful and creative people around here in case I want to take a break from talking about buses or trains. ^^

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Due to time restrictions (College projects and exams) and lack of knowledge on programming the Adobe software, I can't do smooth translations now. But sooner or later, when I have way more time, I'll definitely give it a shot. :)

depending on how you do the animations, you will need as many frames as there are for how many dots high the sign is, then in each frame have the new message start from the top and line by line replace the old message.

Thank you so much! That is Awesome!
You're welcome. Glad you really like it. :tup:

Nice job, can you hook me up with M15 limited to 125 st? since i live on 1st ave?
Definitely. I think I can do one better, by doing both LED and flipdots. Maybe with both that say "Limited Stops" for old time's sake? ^^

depending on how you do the animations, you will need as many frames as there are for how many dots high the sign is, then in each frame have the new message start from the top and line by line replace the old message.
Well, the scroll from top to bottom was found on Green Lines's LEDs. What I'm mostly wanting to do is scroll from left to right, similar to what the flipdots do. I'll definitely give it a test once Finals conclude in two weeks.

You are literally one bus ride away to my neck of the woods lol.
*laugh* Maybe someday, we three should hook up and have a good ol' fashioned busfan parade. ^^

Well, another day, another sign. This one is made after Dan05979 asked me to make one.

So, without further ado, here's the flipdot!

M15-Uptown-Fantasy-LTD-Sign.gif

Two changes.

1. I wrote "E. 125 St" instead of "125 St." I've always hated the fact when the Manhattan and Bronx signs don't have them, no matter how redundant they are.

2. I included the "Limited Stops" flipdot add-on that used to be on all limiteds until the late-1990s/early-2000s.

I'll be making an LED version after Finals.

Well, another day, another sign. This one is made after Dan05979 asked me to make one.

So, without further ado, here's the flipdot!

M15-Uptown-Fantasy-LTD-Sign.gif

Two changes.

1. I wrote "E. 125 St" instead of "125 St." I've always hated the fact when the Manhattan and Bronx signs don't have them, no matter how redundant they are.

2. I included the "Limited Stops" flipdot add-on that used to be on all limiteds until the late-1990s/early-2000s.

Niceeeeeee Thank you!! :tup: Brings back memories :cry: of waiting for that limited bus going home from school :cry:

Two changes.

I got your PM i love these signs you have to make me one I tried to download the software you told me about but it takes long

*sweeps dust off, cough* Hello again, everyone! I'm back and ready to make some more signs! My Finals are complete, so I should have more time now.

But first, replies, beginning with Harry the Great.

They really look great. Nice job on them. :tup:
*blush* Thanks. Glad you like 'em. Expect more to come.

Niceeeeeee Thank you!! Brings back memories of waiting for that limited bus going home from school
LOL! You're welcome. Maybe sooner or latr, I can cook up a fantasy Horizon "LIMITED STOPS" sign just to see more memories pop up. :)

I got your PM i love these signs you have to make me one I tried to download the software you told me about but it takes long
Glad you responded, and sorry fo not responding sooner. Regarding the software, I've told this to a lot of my classmates. I tell them to BUY the suite and not download it. If anyone plans to take their work seriously and take advantage of all the unique tools in all the programs, then they should spend a few hundred bucks and get it. But only get it if you plan on using them full-time like I'm doing. (I'm doing other work on A.I. and the others aside from signs.)

More signs are on the way...including an MTA-styled LED sign of the BxM4C!

I love your work RTS CNG!

BTW I am just wondering if U can do that BM3 Kings Bay sign that U did in a orange LED form? I also thought about 1 in a multi-color layout as well!

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you like 'em.

As for the request, I can definitely do that. The idea of a Command-esque BM3 Horizon sign is intriguing. I'm going to begin soon.

Also, Cait, I finished your request! Hope you like it!

Cait-Siths-Sign-Request.gif

Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you like 'em.

As for the request, I can definitely do that. The idea of a Command-esque BM3 Horizon sign is intriguing. I'm going to begin soon.

Also, Cait, I finished your request! Hope you like it!

Cait-Siths-Sign-Request.gif

AWESOME! I owe you for this! Quite the amazing job here!

Cool, more responses! Now to reply to them.

Can you make me one for...

Bx41 Mott Haven

138 St

Bx41 via Webster

Bx41 LIMITED

Thanks alot!!!!!

You're welcome, and your request is finished! You'll see it in a minute.

Mines thanx in advance RTS CNG Command

B82 Limited

CONEY ISLND

STILLWELL

VIA KINGS HWY

VIA FLATLANDS

Thanks, and will do with the request! :tup:

RTS CNG Command, S89 LTD coming?
Haven't got into it yet, but I will complete your request.

Okay. Now I'm going to display two new LED Horizon signs. One is per request from subwaytrain. The other is White Plains-bound BxM4C sign as if run by the MTA.

Here they are!

The BxM4C:

BxM4C-Fantasy-LED-Horizon-Uptown-si.gif

And the Bx41 Limited Sign. The only tweaks are a bigger "Via Webster Av" sign, the change from "138 St" to "E. 148 St" (if the "4" wasn't a typo, I'll immediately fix it), and a sixteen-dotted "LIMITED" sign.

Bx41-LTD-Downtown-LED-Sign.gif

Hope you guys like them. B)

EDIT: I made an error in my sign. I'm revising it and will replace it with that one.

EDIT: Okay, NOW it's fixed.

How about Bx18 , via Undercliff Ave , via Sedwick Ave , 170stConcourse
Definitely. ;)

Now, I've finished BusOperator3319's request, which is to create a B82 Limited sign going towards Coney Island. Here's the B82 Flipdot sign!

B82-LTD-CI-bound-Flipdot-1.gif

FamousNYLover's request is next.

Edited by RTS CNG Command
Fixing the sign.