Animated Luminator Bus Signs

Folks, ignore the fact that I said I can't make Orange LEDs at this point. I found a very easy method to create them with NO coloring done at all. This process only took 3-5 minutes, thus eliminating unnecessary work and stress. As promised, I finally present the Orange LED signs.

Bx4A extension to Pelham Bay Park

Bx4ALocal1OrangeLED.gif

Bx4A extension to 3rd Ave - 149 St

Bx4ALocal2OrangeLED.gif

I will now be able to start making requested signs that were not made at this point due to RTS CNG's time restrictions and the fact that he's at college now. I have a list in Notepad, so I don't have to worry about which is which. Enjoy!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As promised, I made 6 bus signs. I'll continue to make more, regardless of what the status is (rejected or pending) Thanks for looking folks.

RTS Command CNG, I love the bus sign.

Can you do for few buses?

Rockland Coach #11C

Route11CGreenFlipdot.png

Frame 1

702 PACIFIC PALISADES

PAC COAST HGHWY

Frame 2

702 via SUNSET BL

Frame 3

702 METRO RAPID

Route702OrangeLED.gif

Is there anyway you can make an NG B1 for me?

B1: Bay Ridge-Shore Rd/71 St --- via 13 Ave/86 St -- via Bay Ridge Ave

It's not an "NG" (don't know what that is...) so I made a Horizon LED instead.

B1LocalOrangeLED.gif

Can you PM me a B37 saying

Bay Ridge

Shore Road

Via 3rd Avenue

THANK YOU

B37LocalGreenFlipdot.gif

could you make me a Bx36 flipdot. how do you make them?

Bx36 LIMITED

Bx36 WASHTN HTS

G W BRIDGE

I made this last week, and I was to present this originally instead of the Bx16 signs, though I changed my mind afterward.

Bx36LimitedGreenFlipdot.gif

For Transport of Rockland

#59 Local

Suffern

West Nyack

via Route 59

Route59LocalGreenFlipdot.gif

Credit all goes to RTS for the fonts.

Edited by IRT Bronx Express

Folks, ignore the fact that I said I can't make Orange LEDs at this point. I found a very easy method to create them with NO coloring done at all. This process only took 3-5 minutes, thus eliminating unnecessary work and stress. As promised, I finally present the Orange LED signs.

Bx4A extension to Pelham Bay Park

Bx4ALocal1OrangeLED.gif

Bx4A extension to 3rd Ave - 149 St

Bx4ALocal2OrangeLED.gif

I will now be able to start making requested signs that were not made at this point due to RTS CNG's time restrictions and the fact that he's at college now. I have a list in Notepad, so I don't have to worry about which is which. Enjoy!

How'd ya figure out how to do it in 3-5 min? Im trying to do a display with a run through of the NJ Bus Routes. It took me 2hrs just to do 1 sign l0l

How'd ya figure out how to do it in 3-5 min? Im trying to do a display with a run through of the NJ Bus Routes. It took me 2hrs just to do 1 sign l0l
For me, sign making takes only 20-40 minutes. It depends how much work it requires, plus how many requests I have to do. I can't believe it takes 2 hours for you. Overkill, I'm telling you. :P Also...

Steps.jpg

For me, sign making takes only 20-40 minutes. It depends how much work it requires, plus how many requests I have to do. I can't believe it takes 2 hours for you. Overkill, I'm telling you. :P Also...

Steps.jpg

It took me 1 hour and around 5 minutes to do the sign you want me to test, and while I did KTrainExp's request, it took me 40 minutes to finish it! :cool::tup:

Where is the one I requested for another user guys?:(
I'm doing pending requests in order from last year up to today, but I'll make an exception and work on this sign today. :tup:
Can you hook up a flipdot sign for another member?

144 STATEN ISLAND

144 via RICHMOND AV

Thanks!

I could do that. I just have to think which one. Hmmmmmm… :)
I'll take care of this one too. I did the Bx26/28, so I'll do the Bx30/38. :tup:

More signs are finally here, while progress is actually getting better than expected. :tup: Please feel free to request for bus signs as this thread really needs activity. Thanks for looking here, folks.

and the last one:

Frame 1

60 LONG BEACH

TRANSIT MALL

Frame 2

60 via SANTA FE AV

via LONG BEACH BL

Route60GreenFlipdot.gif

S89 BAYONNE

34th St HBLR Station

S89 Eltingville

Hyland Blvd-Richmond Av

S89LimitedOrangeLED1.png

S89LimitedOrangeLED2.png

Bx24 Riverdale

Fieldston Av

Bx24 via Fordham

via Bailey

Bx24GreenFlipdot.gif

144 STATEN ISLAND

144 via RICHMOND AV

Route144GreenFlipdot.gif

Can you do a Co Op city bus destination LED for me? Any of the bus lines into Co Op city would be fine.

Bx30LocalOrangeLED.gif

Bx38LocalOrangeLED1.gif

Can you hook up a flipdot sign for another member?

144 STATEN ISLAND

144 via RICHMOND AV

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. I made the sign, but for some reason, it keeps coming out very slow, no matter what I do:

17-1918299058M.gif

I make my signs in GIMP. When I preview the animation it looks amazing. Truly a flipdot sign. But when I save it, it comes out slow for some reason. So if you want to see how it should display, download Microsoft Gif Animator. It's free. If i can figure out how to make these faster, I can do a lot of true flipdot signs requests. I anybody knows how I can make these faster, please let me know.

Any other request I can do right away.:cool:

I can do this one today

If you're still taking requests, I have a couple:

Frame 1

4 SANTA MONICA

2 ST

Frame 2

4 via S MONICA BL

and the second:

Frame 1

534 MALIBU

PCH-TRANCAS

Frame 2

534 via P COAST HWY

via POINT DUME

And here are the timetables for your reference:

For me, sign making takes only 20-40 minutes. It depends how much work it requires, plus how many requests I have to do. I can't believe it takes 2 hours for you. Overkill, I'm telling you. ;) Also...

Steps.jpg

Wow you do this much different then I do.

All I do is fill in the dots one by one (according to what the letter, number, or symbol is), and some copying and pasting (if I have the letter or number made already). It usually takes around 30 minutes to do.

Your signs look GREAT:tup:

Frame 1

4 SANTA MONICA

2 ST

Frame 2

4 via S MONICA BL

and the second:

Frame 1

534 MALIBU

PCH-TRANCAS

Frame 2

534 via P COAST HWY

via POINT DUME

Here they are:

20-0801284068M.gif

20-0801309945M.gif

Looks like Orion took care of them. :tup:

Sorry for the late reply. I made the sign, but for some reason, it keeps coming out very slow, no matter what I do:

17-1918299058M.gif

I make my signs in GIMP. When I preview the animation it looks amazing. Truly a flipdot sign. But when I save it, it comes out slow for some reason. So if you want to see how it should display, download Microsoft Gif Animator. It's free. If i can figure out how to make these faster, I can do a lot of true flipdot signs requests. If anybody knows how I can make these faster, please let me know.

That is exactly how RTS makes the flipdot signs using the Luminator MAX scrolling, but his comes out slightly faster (he animates it with Photoshop I think). I have GIMP so I should try this out and see if it works for me.

Wow you do this much different then I do.

All I do is fill in the dots one by one (according to what the letter, number, or symbol is), and some copying and pasting (if I have the letter or number made already). It usually takes around 30 minutes to do.

Your signs look GREAT:tup:

Thanks, and your signs are excellent too. My fonts are always ready and I just paste them on the LED template, and center the destination minus the route number. :tup:

That is exactly how RTS makes the flipdot signs using the Luminator MAX scrolling, but his comes out slightly faster (he animates it with Photoshop I think). I have GIMP so I should try this out and see if it works for me.

The TwinVision signs scroll at around the same speed. (just a tad bit faster than that).

M13LocalOrangeLED.gif

These signs are awesome! :tup::rock:

I would like to request... (same format as above)

Frame I

Q72 Rego Park - 63 Drive

Queens Blvd

Frame II

Q72 Via Junction Blvd

Frame III

Q72 School Bus Shuttle

Limited

Thanks! :tup: take as long as you want ;)

Seems interesting, any info about it? :tup:

A few RTSs that came in around early 2000 have TwinVision LeDot signs installed, a bit of a hybrid between flipdot and the brightness of LED. Before the advent of orange LEDs, these signs were one of the few places to see extended readings (along the likes of "B41 via FLATBUSH").

They were also installed on the Vikings.