Animated Luminator Bus Signs

While I was looking at bus photos, namely mine, Cait Sith's, KnightRider's, and the person who took a picture of the B3K shuttle, I decided to make some bus signs. I'm a big Luminator fan, especially the flipdots and Horizon typefaces and layouts, so I went ahead and made Luminator-esque signs.

So far, I've made three flipdots. Two are fantasy, and one is close to the original.

A fantasy M1 sign. It needs fixing.

MTA-signs-M1-to-East-Village.gif

The Q113 Sign.

Q113-Downtown-Slipdot-Sign-1A.gif

A fantasy X90 Sign. (Prior to 1996, it used to go to East Harlem.)

X90-Fantast-East-Harlem-Flipdot-Sig.gif

Like them? I appreciate some comments. ^^

Can You Make A Sign That Says:

BQ1|Express

BQ1|Via Kings Hwy

BQ1|Corona

111 Street Station

And:

BQ1|Express

BQ1|Via Kings Hwy

BQ1|Coney Island

Stillwell Avenue Station

P.S. Make Me The Sign Now

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was the last time I ever made bus signs? :P

I made some drastic changes because... well, I felt like making improvements. If you can spot the changes, you win a free cookie. (The changes will also apply for flipdot and the future Titan signs.)

Bx55LimitedLED2.gif

I will continue where I last left off (this past January I believe...), so expect more signs in a few days!

9th Street and 36th Avenue is Part of the Astoria Neighborhood, so should I change L.I. City to Astoria.

There's One More Sign I Need You To Make:

Q73|Via 111 Street

Via 8 Avenue/Central Park West

Via Broadway (Queens)

Via Roosevelt Avenue

Q73|Times Square

42 St Sta

Remember:Don't Rush. Take Your Time To Do This!

And:

Q73|Via 111 Street

Via 8 Avenue/Central Park West

Q73|Via Broadway (Queens)

Via Roosevelt Avenue

Q73|Corona

Saultell Avenue

I wonder how many requests are you going to ask for. I'll just do select ones or maybe the other signmakers and I will do the first 3 of your signs.
But then again, his signs should be made last because he's asking for 6 more in your thread. I will take care of all bus signs if you want, so don't feel stressed out. I already finished college anyways.

All requests are OFFICIALLY CLOSED until further notice. If you request for a bus sign, it will be denied.

But then again, his signs should be made last because he's asking for 6 more in your thread. I will take care of all bus signs if you want, so don't feel stressed out. I already finished college anyways.

You can take care of them. Maybe if anyone is asking for Luminator Titans, I'll remind you if I want to do them. If I did not remind you, then you can do them. Mike's request will be done last and some of his requests will be done around like over half a month. Thanks!

All requests are OFFICIALLY CLOSED until further notice. If you request for a bus sign, it will be denied.

That's fine with me because this means that I get a bunch of relaxing time! :cool:

P.S. Make Me The Sign Now

Maaaan, some of y'all better be glad there's some kindhearted folk on this forum willing to take time out of their day to do this FREE service.... despite the jacked up attitudes on display in here.....

how rude....

Can I get a sign in the orange led.

553X| Millville Exp

via Vineland Trans. Ctr

553X| Millville Exp

2nd-Pine Street

553X |Millville Exp

Standing Room Only

Thanks!

So that is you on the city-data forums... lol

Maaaan, some of y'all better be glad there's some kindhearted folk on this forum willing to take time out of their day to do this FREE service.... despite the jacked up attitudes on display in here.....

how rude....

So that is you on the city-data forums... lol

Lol I tried to set something straight there but I gave up.....

I will now begin where I left off months ago. I can't make Titan signs yet as I can't find the right time to make the fonts from scratch.

553X| Millville Exp

via Vineland Trans. Ctr

553X| Millville Exp

2nd-Pine Street

553X |Millville Exp

Standing Room Only

I'm not sure if you want all three animated as one whole sign, or if you wanted them to become 6 separate frames. Let me know if you want me to correct them.

553XExpressOrangeLED1.png

553XExpressOrangeLED2.png

553XExpressOrangeLED3.png

how rude....

I should charge everyone a premium fee for these "beloved" signs. But then again, this thread would go out of business if I do that. :P

I should ask for a sign that says "Make me that sign NOW" and post it everytime someone asks for one. lol
I should make that sign one day. :cool:

To IRT Bronx Express:

Here are SOME letters of the Luminator Titans LED!

iaza14997394228300.png

This is all I got. I didn't felt putting the rest. ;)

You can modify the letters to make more like the Luminator Titans!

Can I have your blank template so I can use it to make Titans, but I use squares, not dots?

To IRT Bronx Express:

Here are SOME letters of the Luminator Titans LED!

This is all I got. I didn't felt putting the rest. ;)

You can modify the letters to make more like the Luminator Titans!

:tup: Nice! I'll have to thank you one day, but for now, I'll make them signs and you can take a break. :cool: Feel free to send the rest to me any time.

Can I have your blank template so I can use it to make Titans, but I use squares, not dots?
To do that, you'll have to make them by scratch, using Paint. As tedious as it sounds, that's how you'll be able to accomplish that.

Yea, sure! This is because you asked permission:

iaza14997390438200.png

The bottom is just a starting dot!

NOTE: This is NOT AN EASY thing to do! Make sure you be careful where you place your dots. If you did it, you can help me with the LED signs in my thread and you can use the template whenever you wanted to. Remind me if someone asks for the Luminator Titans template.

:tup: Nice! I'll have to thank you one day, but for now, I'll make them signs and you can take a break. :cool: Feel free to send the rest to me any time.

Gee, thanks! :cool:

To do that, you'll have to make them by scratch, using Paint. As tedious as it sounds, that's how you'll be able to accomplish that.

The NG background is actually squared. It's just squared with circle dots.

I chose the colors that is closest to the NG background and started my work.

By the way, my Luminator Vertex characters are 4/6 done:

iaza14997397438700.png