Animated Luminator Bus Signs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No signs tonight, but a little update.

Starting today, I'm going to delve a bit away from developing MTA signs and will focus now on signs from the former NYC private bus lines, including fantasy versions. I'll be starting with MegaMax flipdots and will progress into Horizon LEDs.

The signs I'm working on now are these (ALL characters are in bold):

A fantasy version of the 165 Street-bound Q6:

Q6 (fifteen dots high): 165 ST TERMINAL (Seven high - on top)

Jamaica (Seven-high- on the bottom)

Q6 (fifteen dots high): via SUTPHIN ("via" five-high; "SUTPHIN" eight-high)

-

Parsons-bound Q111:

Q111 (fifteen-high): PARSONS & (7-high, top)

HILLSIDE (7-high, bottom)

Q111: via BREWER ("via" 5-high; "Brewer" 8-high)

-

Astoria-bound Q101:

Q101 (15-high): 19 AV & (7-high, top)

HAZEN (7-high, bottom)

Q101: via Steinway ("via" 5-high; "STEINWAY" 8-high)

-

Kings Highway Staion-bound B100:

B100 (15-high): FILLMORE (12-high)

B100: KINGS HWY (7-high)

STATION (7-high)

-

Mill Basin-bound B100:

B100 ("): 56 DR & (7-high)

NATIONAL (7-high)

Hey guys. I'm in the process of trying to learn how to make fonts so making luminator signs can be a ton easier and maybe take no less than 15 - 30 minutes if possible in school. When I learn, I'll help you guys out with signs and give you guys the info ya need so ya can pop them out, so stand by.

Hey guys. I'm in the process of trying to learn how to make fonts so making luminator signs can be a ton easier and maybe take no less than 15 - 30 minutes if possible in school. When I learn, I'll help you guys out with signs and give you guys the info ya need so ya can pop them out, so stand by.

I would help them out also but I only make Luminator Horizons!

I would help them out also but I only make Luminator Horizons!
Horizons, MegaMaxes, MatrixMaxes, whatever. Anyone who wants to help out has my permission. Just keep the signs in top quality. ^^

Thus far, viaWPR, you can only make Horizons. That's completely okay. Your signs look like they're in good quality, and they use a nice little creative choice of six dot-high fonts, which is a nice change. Feel free to post them here and help out, too, if you need to. ^^

Due to time constraints, I can't reply to most posts, so I'll just say this.

To the current helpers, please be fair with each other. Don't make a lot of signs than the other helpers. Do one or two signs, and the other two helpers will make one or two. This isn't a race to see who will make more signs than the other. Also, to those that request signs, if your sign isn't done, then wait instead of bitching about it.

Just my two cents.

Signs available:

- Any kind of Flipdot signs like MegaMAX

- Luminator Horizon

- Luminator Titans

- Luminator Balios (Axions)

- Luminator Vertex (Fantasy bus sign created by me)

I think that's all!

@Casey Stengel: Can you please make your own style of Luminator Titans and R160 Interior LED because right now, I don't like people copying all of my work.

You can leave the Luminator Vertex the way it is, because I am ONLY distributing Luminator Vertex at this time.

Signs available:

- Luminator Horizon

- Luminator Titans

I think that's all!

@Casey Stengel: Can you please make your own style of Luminator Titans and R160 Interior LED because right now, I don't like people copying all of my work.

You can leave the Luminator Vertex the way it is, because I am ONLY distributing Luminator Vertex at this time.

Then, I will cover the dots in the R160 Template. For the titans, I don't know what to do :confused: I could help your thread if I have open slots!

Signs available:

- Luminator Horizon

- Luminator Titans

I think that's all!

THIS IS FOR WHOEVER ISNT BUSY AND CAN DO ME THE FAVOR :]

Can I make a request? Sorry if im bothering..

in luminator titan

Bx13 W FARMS RD

SOUTHRN BL

Bx13 - via Fordhm Rd/Southern BL

Can you please make your own style of Luminator Titans and R160 Interior LED because right now, I don't like people copying all of my work.
You don't have to worry about me because all of the multi-colored dots for my fonts contain 5 different variants of one specific color. Plus, my sign templates are different as well.

THIS IS FOR WHOEVER ISNT BUSY AND CAN DO ME THE FAVOR :]

Can I make a request? Sorry if im bothering..

in luminator titan

Bx13 W FARMS RD

SOUTHRN BL

Bx13 - via Fordhm Rd/Southern BL

Enough already. You already requested similar signs in two different threads other than this one. When are you going to be patient?

Signs available:

- Luminator Horizon

- Luminator Titans

I think that's all!

Wait, woe, woe, WHAT ABOUT HANOVERS?? :eek:

Are they in production?? I hope yes! :cry:

Wait, woe, woe, WHAT ABOUT HANOVERS?? :eek:

Are they in production?? I hope yes! :cry:

I am still working on my Hanovers. They will not be out until I found a way to make the LED look like the Novabus RTS or Designline Eco-Saver IV Hybrid.

I was thinking more like Novabus RTS, because Designline Eco-Saver's Hanover LEDs are much different than the RTS. Plus RTS are so much easier. Please wait, it might be ready in production!

I made a Titan sign yesterday, based on a old service pattern.

Bx39Localp84TitanLED1.gif

The Bx39 today was the Bx28 prior to February 18, 1984. Its normal route was from West Farms Sq/E. Tremont Ave to Williamsbridge/Gun Hill Rd. This pattern was retained after the 1984 route revamp. After the Bx54 was discontinued in 1990, the Bx39 was rerouted away from West Farms Sq and was extended to Clasons Pt, which remains in place today. The Bx22 used to go to Clasons Pt as well.

The former Bx28, in my opinion, fascinates me because it had 2 weekday rush hour branches. One branch from Williamsbridge to Burnside Av/Concourse had one bus to and from Burnside Av during the AM and PM rush hours. The other branch was from Bedford Pk/Goulden - 205 to West Farms Sq, weekday rush hours only, and had more buses than the Burnside Av branch.

Anyways, foam at the sign if you must.

The former Bx28, in my opinion, fascinates me because it had 2 weekday rush hour branches. One branch from Williamsbridge to Burnside Av/Concourse had one bus to and from Burnside Av during the AM and PM rush hours. The other branch was from Bedford Pk/Goulden - 205 to West Farms Sq, weekday rush hours only, and had more buses than the Burnside Av branch.

Anyways, foam at the sign if you must.

Amazing sign! :tup:

Btw, was the Bedford Park to West Farms branch via Tremont & Jerome or what?