Animated Luminator Bus Signs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a TwinVision M15 sign........not to be used as a sig! <image>
Nice! :tup:

I would request a sig, but I don't wanna be the cause of takin up too much of anyone's time....

so I'll ask this....

Where are you all finding these fonts???

You're more than welcome to request a bus sign. :tup:

As far as I know, none of us use fonts. The letters are 100% handmade.

On my (and many of our) part(s), that's exactly the case. I don't create my fonts. I use my template and then make the signs by using it in Illustrator.

Creating a font wouldn't be hard for me...but making one for each size of the template 5 high to 16 high that's like 12 different fonts

Here's my old fonts before I used a template

http://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/430000 15 height/7 height with all symbols

http://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/520370 11 height borough letters A to Z

On my (and many of our) part(s), that's exactly the case. I don't create my fonts. I use my template and then make the signs by using it in Illustrator.
Yep, except that I use Paint, sadly... gotta love doing art the free way. :(

Creating a font wouldn't be hard for me...but making one for each size of the template 5 high to 16 high that's like 12 different fonts

Here's my old fonts before I used a template

Don't forget the Titans, Axion, and Vertex (never knew it was fictional...) It would be time consuming to turn them into actual fonts. :eek:

Nice Flipdot LED. I planned to introduce this:

iaza15505835481100.png

This is my new Flipdot LED. I got that from the 1998-2000 New Flyer C40LF today, when I saw the dots.

Please view this full size! :tup:

Resized version:

iaza15505843260700.png

I do need to make my font a little bit brighter. But my flipdot does not scroll. I'm not allowed to download anything because I was using my sister's old computer, and she doesn't let me allow to download anything, unless if I ask her. I wanted to download photoshop, but I don't know how to.

@IRT Bronx Express: How much dots in your front Flipdot LED sign have horizontally? Mine has 120.

Nice Flipdot LED. I planned to introduce this: <sign> This is my new Flipdot LED. I got that from the 1998-2000 New Flyer C40LF today, when I saw the dots.

I do need to make my font a little bit brighter. But my flipdot does not scroll. I'm not allowed to download anything because I was using my sister's old computer, and she doesn't let me allow to download anything, unless if I ask her. I wanted to download photoshop, but I don't know how to.

@IRT Bronx Express: How much dots in your front Flipdot LED sign have horizontally? Mine has 120.

That's awesome. :tup: I think the gray color looks fine since I can clearly see the letters. :(

Also, the original flipdot has 112 dots horizontally, my flipdot has 115.

Hi guys.

May I have a Orange Horizon sign for my siggy that says

B44 Williamsburg

Bridge Plaza

B44 via New York Avenue

I also put it in code form...

B44^B44

Williamsburg÷Bridge Plaza^via New York Avenue

[it's supposed to be what the B44 local destination sign might look like, after the Limited is replaced by Select Bus Service and moves from New York Avenue to Rogers Avenue...]

Please and thank you!

Edited by Mysterious2train

Hi guys.

May I have a Orange Horizon sign for my siggy that says

B44 Williamsburg

Bridge Plaza

B44 via New York Avenue

I also put it in code form...

B44^B44

Williamsburg÷Bridge Plaza^via New York Avenue

[it's supposed to be what the B44 local destination sign might look like, after the Limited is replaced by Select Bus Service and moves from New York Avenue to Rogers Avenue...]

Please and thank you!

Shortened Avenue to Av :(

& Plaza to Plz

B44Titan.gif