Animated Luminator Bus Signs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threxx, I'm still here. I'm taking a little break, that's all. :P Here are some express bus signs for VG8 (if he actually noticed them...)

I love your work, that's why I'm curious if requests are still being filled!

(P.S. How long is a little?)

That was easy.

n28X: EXPRESS

n28X: Great Neck/LIRR Station

n28X: Via Nassau Blvd/Via Ocean Avenue

N28XExpressHorizonLED1.gif

Bx39: 229 St/Schieffelin Pl

Bx39: Via Laconia/Commerce Avs (one line.)

Bx39LocalHorizonLED1.gif

M90 | Battery Park City

| North End Avenue

M90 | via Park Avenue

via FDR Drive

M90 | LIMITED

M90LimitedTitanLED1.gif

M30: Yorkville

|||: York Avenue/92 Street

|||: Via 6th Avenue

|||: Via Central Park

M30LocalGreenFlipdot1.gif

(P.S. How long is a little?)
1 day or so, give or take. :P

N67 Rockville Centre LIRR

N67 via Uniondale Av

via Newbridge Rd

N67 via Seamans Av

N28 Port Washington LIRR

N28 via Roslyn Industrial

N28 via Port Washington Blvd

Edited by VWM

Are there any lowercase letters in use? I don't ever recall seeing one, except for the "via" on a flipdot.. :huh:

On NICE buses, some screens have been reprogrammed with lowercase letters. So, is it possible to have the sign remade?

I also have a new request. (Classic Green Flipdot.)

B18: Canarsie

|||: E. 80 Street

B18: Via Bushwick Avenue

|||: Via Avenue L

Roll them together. I'm not sure if I spelled Bushwick right, if not, correct it...

Edited by ThrexxBus

Oh, can't help myself... another request: (or two...)

(Titan)

Q26A: Green Acres

Q26A: Via Conduit Avenue

||||: Via JFK Airport

(Green Flipdot)

This is kinda for Checkmate...

S79A: SI Mall

S79A: Via Hylan Blvd

||||: Via Giffords Lane

For those who are interested in grabbing an editable file of my Luminator Font collection, your wish is about to come true! :D

If you follow the public status updates on this forum, I announced that I have been revamping my Luminator Font collection that I've developed as a result of my years of research on them. The reasons for this are as follows:

1. Accuracy. Some of the characters that I presented when I first displayed the font were inaccurate, and I want to give out an accurate presentation.

2. To be closely associated with the signs that I've displayed. In my previous display, the circles were a little bigger compared to the current sign display I have now.

3. Accessibility. Back then, I displayed the font as a Web-based GIF or PNG file. These files are impossible to edit because the image is compressed. The revamped version is vector only and editable on Inkscape and Illustrator.

Without further ado, here is Part 1 of the Luminator Titan and Horizon font revamp!

https://docs.google....zlhNzIzMmVjNTAy

https://docs.google....mJjYjE3OWQ5MDJi

The top link is an Illustrator-accessible PDF. This file can be viewed in Acrobat as a preview and edited in Inkcape and Illustrator CS4/5/6.

The bottom one is an SVG file and can be used in Inkscape and all Illustrator versions CS3 and higher.

A template of the Luminator Horizon sign is available in each file.

This list comprises of characters that are anywhere from five pixels high to nine pixels high. The ones five to eight characters high have both a light and bold version. In addition, there's a more condensed bold version of the characters that are seven pixels high. You'll find those characters from Academy, MTA (typically the Ex-Bee-Line Orions), Coach, side MTA Horizons, and NICE.

I still have to develop the characters that are ten to sixteen pixels high and include the thin eleven-pixel-high characters that you find on the MTA signs, and keep an eye for any possible changes that may come in the months ahead. In the meantime, enjoy! :D

Edited by RTS CNG Command

Posting once more for a new update on the Luminator Font collection!

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxtaWRuaWdodHJ0c3xneDo2NmY4MTJiNjg3MjQxYjQ1

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxtaWRuaWdodHJ0c3xneDoxZDdlNWU5MmEwMDRmM2Nk

The top link is an editable PDF. Can be viewed in Acrobat, editable in Inkcape and Illustrator CS4 and higher.

The bottom link is the SVG file, editable in Inkscape and any Illustrator program CS3 and higher.

This file shows the same characters like the last set, but are now ten, eleven, twelve, and thirteen pixels high.

But there's also a new addition: thin 11-pixel-high letters and bold 11-pixel-high characters from IND and BMT-based shuttles and the prefixes and suffixed of all the MTA counties/boroughs.

(For the bolder characters, some like the E, F, G [maybe], H, both K's, V, and W are pure fantasy. As for the thinner characters, A, B, D, E, F, H, M, Q, S, T, V, W, X, and Z are fantasy.)

For the bold letters, they're actually different depending on where the signs are activated. The first A, D, and X are found on MegaMax — the flipdot — signs and NYCT-based express Horizons. On the other hand, the second A, D, and X can be found on any MTA Bus Horizon and any other bus operated by the transit system that operates a Luminator Titan sign (i.e., the LFSA and Orion VII NG). The specially noted F, J, L, N, and R can be found on shuttles (for the N, NICE buses, too). The bold "R" was also located on some Q101R buses whenever they ran an MTA-Bus-centered Horizon or Titan sign. One thing you might notice is how every specially noted 11-pixel-high character is exactly seven pixels across with the possible exception of the "I" in the LIRR shuttle bus.

There's still one more set left, and that's the characters 14, 15, and 16 characters high. For now, though, enjoy the new material! :D

• 2 weeks later...