Animated Luminator Bus Signs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, more signs have finally been completed! These signs are courtesy of requests from Q43 Floral Park and Metatops.

First, Q43's flipdots:

The Q46 Limited:

Q46-Fantasy-LTD-Glen-Oaks-bound-Fli.gif

The Bx3 (I changed "Bway-238 St" to "Bway-W. 238 St"):

Bx3-Fantasy-Riverdale-bound-Flipdot.gif

And now the last half of Metatops's request!

The B68 flipdot:

B68-Fantasy-CI-bound-flipdot.gif

The B4 flipdot:

B4-Fantasy-Bay-Ridge-Bound-Flipdot.gif

I hope you both like it.

P.S.: All requests are still closed at this time.

I like the Bx 3 sign, its way better than the one they have now

Can you make Bx31 Woodlawn-Katonah Ave, Via Eastchester Rd., Via E. 233 st.

I like the Bx 3 sign, its way better than the one they have now

Can you make Bx31 Woodlawn-Katonah Ave, Via Eastchester Rd., Via E. 233 st.

I can do that. ^^ How do you want it, the orange LEDs or the green flipdots?

Okay, another day, another batch of signs complete! But this time with a twist.

First, the normal MTA sign. Here's the X92 flipdot:

X92-Downtown-bound-flipdot.gif

That's all for the MTA-based signs. Now I'm going to present some more PBL-esque signs. Both signs are designed as if they were a part of Queens Surface Corporation.

Here's the Q101 sign going from Manhattan to Steinway:

Q101-Steinway-bound-Queens-Surface-.gif

And here's the other: a fantasy Q101 Rikers Island routed flipdot. (As far as I recall, Queens Surface never dubbed it the Q101R, did it?)

Q101R-fantasy-Plaza-bound-flipdot.gif

Credit goes to this picture for the bold 6-pixel "Q."

I think you're going to like these, especially KR3099. ^^

I can do that. ^^ How do you want it, the orange LEDs or the green flipdots?

Okay, another day, another batch of signs complete! But this time with a twist.

First, the normal MTA sign. Here's the X92 flipdot:

X92-Downtown-bound-flipdot.gif

That's all for the MTA-based signs. Now I'm going to present some more PBL-esque signs. Both signs are designed as if they were a part of Queens Surface Corporation.

Here's the Q101 sign going from Manhattan to Steinway:

Q101-Steinway-bound-Queens-Surface-.gif

And here's the other: a fantasy Q101 Rikers Island routed flipdot. (As far as I recall, Queens Surface never dubbed it the Q101R, did it?)

Q101R-fantasy-Plaza-bound-flipdot.gif

Credit goes to this picture for the bold 6-pixel "Q."

I think you're going to like these, especially KR3099. ^^

green flipdots

I love all the sign.

After everyone"s request, I like to ask for four more signs.

Bee-Line W1X

Super Express

Westchester Community College

242nd St Subway Station

via Sprain Brook Parkway

Bee-Line W43

Super Express

Westchester Medical Center-Main Entrance

241st St Subway Station

via Sprain Brook Parkway

For Transport of Rockland

#59 Local

Suffern

West Nyack

via Route 59

Take time.

I want this in (MTA) Orange style.

Hello, everyone! We're going down memory lane again, this time creating two flipdots for the old Bx24. The Bx24 traveled from Fordham Plaza to Mosholu Avenue/Fieldston Street in Riverdale. On Sptember 10, 1995, the MTA discontinued the route. These two Bx24 signs are fantasy flipdots for both destinations.

Bx24: Riverdale-bound:

Bx24-fantasy-Riverdale-bound-flipdo.gif

Bx24: Fordham Plaza-bound:

Bx24-fantasy-Fordham-Plaza-bound-fl.gif

Hello, everyone! We're going down memory lane again, this time creating two flipdots for the old Bx24. The Bx24 traveled from Fordham Plaza to Mosholu Avenue/Fieldston Street in Riverdale. On Sptember 10, 1995, the MTA discontinued the route. These two Bx24 signs are fantasy flipdots for both destinations.

Again i ask, for the 3rd time, kan you make me a Sign for the q56 the reads Q56 170 street via Jamaica ave?

Nice job, that was one of the ones I really wanted to see

Nice job, that was one of the ones I really wanted to see
Thanks. The Bx24 was a route that I wanted to make signs out of. Likely these weren't the signs, as thin type didn't appear on MegaMax flipdots until the Bx12 updated theirs in the late-1990s/early-2000s.

Okay, twilson1160 wanted me to make a Bx31 flipdot sign, and I complied. Only this time, I went ahead and did something a little different.

I mentioned earlier in the topic how I was having difficulty making the MegaMax signs scroll. Well, I decided to do a little trick and came up with this:

Bx31-Woodlawn-bound-fantasy-flipdot.gif

Credit goes to this guy for the inspiration. ^^

Thanks. The Bx24 was a route that I wanted to make signs out of. Likely these weren't the signs, as thin type didn't appear on MegaMax flipdots until the Bx12 updated theirs in the late-1990s/early-2000s.

Okay, twilson1160 wanted me to make a Bx31 flipdot sign, and I complied. Only this time, I went ahead and did something a little different.

I mentioned earlier in the topic how I was having difficulty making the MegaMax signs scroll. Well, I decided to do a little trick and came up with this:

I like the flipdot sign, thanks alot!!!

Now that's hot!

I must say, you make this look easy. Adobe Illustrator is a wonderful program once you learn how to get it working. In fact I've managed to get a few gems out of it, myself. But enough of my self plugging, I have three requests of my own (both LED):

Frame 1

B25 BROOKLYN HEIGHTS

FULTON FERRY LNDNG

Frame 2

B25 via FULTON ST

---

and two special out of town requests:

Frame 1

702 PACIFIC PALISADES

PAC COAST HGHWY

Frame 2

702 via SUNSET BL

Frame 3

702 METRO RAPID

---

and the last one:

Frame 1

60 LONG BEACH

TRANSIT MALL

Frame 2

60 via SANTA FE AV

via LONG BEACH BL

Thanks in advance, and again, great job.

Ooo, so you've figured out how to make the signs scroll, and I must say, they look awesome!

Thanks for the credit.

-Ryan

Ooo, so you've figured out how to make the signs scroll, and I must say, they look awesome!

Thanks for the credit.

-Ryan

Yep, I did. And the way it came out was fabulous! ;)

And you're welcome. ^^

Okay, more requests are complete!

Kirston Lewis, here's your B25 LED:

B25-fantasy-Bklyn-Hts-bound-LED.gif

And FamousNYLover, here are your W1X and W43 LEDs:

The W43:

W43-Fantasy-Medical-Ctr-bound-LED.gif

The W1X:

W1X-fantasy-Bronx-bound-LED.gif

I'll be making Novabus's next.

P.S.: All requests now are currently closed. Any future requests made until I reopen them will not be done at all. Once all currently awaited requests are done, I'll reopen requests again.

@Novabus 5000: I can fix up the Q56 LED Horizon in the future. Don't know when, though.

Anyway, I've completed two more signs, but no finished requests this time. One is a fantasy sign, and another is a trip down memory lane. ^^

This is a fantasy sign: the QM25:

QM25-Fantasy-Howard-beach-bound-LED.gif

A little story about it in order for it to make sense. The QM25 travels the same route as the QM15 and comes out of FR. Unlike the QM15, the terminal is Downtown Manhattan, similar to the QM11, QM24W, and QM1/1A. (No line critiques, please.)

And here's some reminiscing: a QM1A North Shore Towers-bound flipdot while part of Queens Surface!

QM1A-Queens-Surface-Towers-bound-fl.gif

How do you make your sign as your signature, without get the error message?

How do you make your sign as your signature, without get the error message?
1. Copy the link of the sign.

2. Go to your User Control Panel and click "Edit Signature."

...And do either:

3. In the box with the title "Edit Signature," paste the link and insert the "IMG" tags (the tags are [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] [without the spaces between the brackets]).

Or...

3. In the box with the title "Edit Signature," click "Insert Image." A window should pop up. Paste the link of the GIF and click "Okay."

Hope it helps. Whatever you do, don't paste the link in the "Signature Picture" box below, because you will get that error.

P.S.: To make sure it works, click "Preview Signature."