R32 (Q) Train

R32 3838

I got it at prospect pk around 8:00am, I rode it for a round trip and train went OOS at CI around 9:30, It should return to service for the PM rush around 4pm, Im not surprised because I told some railfans that after thanksgiving an R32 would pop up on the (Q), I will post photos later.

I got it at prospect pk around 8:00am, I rode it for a round trip and train went OOS at CI around 9:30, It should return to service for the PM rush around 4pm, Im not surprised because I told some railfans that after thanksgiving an R32 would pop up on the (Q), I will post photos later.

It's 4:00 now, so it may be back in service as I speak.

Yeah, It stayed in the yard, But Tommorrow I will be out on the (N), The (N) is going to need extra trains due to the (7) G.O. Hopefuly they use the R32 for an extra, Also there was an R68A on the (N) for the PM rush.

If your gonna go,PM me.if there actually going to be an R32 on the (N),im defiantly going.

Yeah, It stayed in the yard, But Tommorrow I will be out on the (N), The (N) is going to need extra trains due to the (7) G.O. Hopefuly they use the R32 for an extra, Also there was an R68A on the (N) for the PM rush.

It (the R32) will not be on the (N). R32s have not been on the (N) in several years because they are not allowed.

It (the R32) will not be on the (N). R32s have not been on the (N) in several years because they are not allowed.

Why is the (N) not allowed to run R32s? And several years? The last time R32s even ran on the (N) was in 2008 right before the R32s left Coney Island.

Why is the (N) not allowed to run R32s? And several years? The last time R32s even ran on the (N) was in 2008 right before the R32s left Coney Island.

There was an incident where an elderly woman slipped and fell at the Ft. Hamilton Pkwy station. Her lawsuit said that the accident was caused by one of the "old"trains, meaning an R32. After that incident, R32s were removed from the line. To my knowledge this was in late 2007 or early 2008. I think I have gone over this same topic with you before too.

Okay, but I still find that farfetched. Its like saying that the Arnines can't run on the Culver Line because of construction going on that could put the cars in danger. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Okay, but I still find that farfetched. Its like saying that the Arnines can't run on the Culver Line because of construction going on that could put the cars in danger. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Thats not even a close analogy. That was the way it was explained to me by someone who would know more, if you think it's BS then what ever as it's of no consequence.

Thats not even a close analogy. That was the way it was explained to me by someone who would know more, if you think it's BS then what ever as it's of no consequence.

If this happened in late 2007 or early 2008, the rumor is either false or it was decided to put the car class was put back because there's a picture on nycsubway.org that shows the R32s on the (N) during mid-2008.

That probably puts that R32 Sea Beach ban hoax to rest. I remember when Coney Island didn't want Slants on the (N) earlier this decade, but guess what--they came back!

Just because R32s came back does not mean you are right so take it easy. All it means is that they rethought the derision.

There was an incident where an elderly woman slipped and fell at the Ft. Hamilton Pkwy station. Her lawsuit said that the accident was caused by one of the "old"trains, meaning an R32. After that incident, R32s were removed from the line. To my knowledge this was in late 2007 or early 2008. I think I have gone over this same topic with you before too.

That's interesting...but I wonder why they were sent to other lines and banned on the (N). Doesn't a woman have the same likelihood of slipping on the (N) as she would the (Q)?

That's interesting...but I wonder why they were sent to other lines and banned on the (N). Doesn't a woman have the same likelihood of slipping on the (N) as she would the (Q)?

It was the decision made at that time. As with all thing in RTO nothing is set in stone, and things that are set in stone are subject to change all the time. As, the threshold plate on an R32 is narrower then those on an R68 or some of the NTTs.

Archived