Meredith Avenue Bus Depot

I Run Trains

whats up guys. i been out the loop for a while and i logged into

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Bus_Depot_Roster_(New_York_MTA) and saw that they are making a new depot Meredith Avenue Bus Depot. i thought it was just gonna be Charleston... anyway. people.. update me on this if you know... thats a good look for S.I. they will have some space!

The Meredith Avenue facility is not an actual depot per se, it will act more as an overnight holding lot for storage of excess MCI express buses that are currently being handled by both Yukon and Castleton. As you know, both facilities are over capacity and have extreme storage issues, thus Meredith was created as the solution. There will be a trailer that will act as the report room for the operators and the buses will be services at MJQ once the operators pull in from their morning pieces to secure their midday swings.

As you mentioned, Charleston will become the 3rd depot in the borough and is currently under construction - this is the holdover until that facility is completed.

The Meredith Avenue facility is not an actual depot per se, it will act more as an overnight holding lot for storage of excess MCI express buses that are currently being handled by both Yukon and Castleton. As you know, both facilities are over capacity and have extreme storage issues, thus Meredith was created as the solution. There will be a trailer that will act as the report room for the operators and the buses will be services at MJQ once the operators pull in from their morning pieces to secure their midday swings.

As you mentioned, Charleston will become the 3rd depot in the borough and is currently under construction - this is the holdover until that facility is completed.

thank you sir.... that helps a lot.. i understand now

now will those buses use this Logo?

Meredith_Avenue.jpg

I laughed when I first seen this logo.
Ditto. I literally went "WTF?" when I first saw it. If the MTA were to actually use this "logo," expect me to bash the HELL out of it in journals on my DeviantArt and LiveJournal accounts. The MTA may do things some don't like, but making a silly excuse of a logo ain't one of 'em.

Archived