R32 (Q) photos

R32 3838

i like that font on the roll signs, other than that, the train can GOOOOOOOOO. ugh, out of all cars, R32's on the (Q). for that bring the slants back to life and place them back on the (B) while the (Q) gets R68A's back from the (:).....i aint gonna front, pics did come out nice.

i like that font on the roll signs, other than that, the train can GOOOOOOOOO. ugh, out of all cars, R32's on the (Q). for that bring the slants back to life and place them back on the (B) while the (Q) gets R68A's back from the (:).....i aint gonna front, pics did come out nice.

Hate it. Big downgrade for the (Q). There's not one R68 consist that they can put in instead of this thing? While in decent cosmetic shape, this train's design looks archaic and they are not fun to ride in, IMO.

Hate it. Big downgrade for the (Q). There's not one R68 consist that they can put in instead of this thing? While in decent cosmetic shape, this train's design looks archaic and they are not fun to ride in, IMO.

WTH are you talking about, (Q) riders grew up with these trains. R160s are a downgrade for the (Q) as they are for any line because they hold less people and the cars are just about too heavy for the elevated structure anyway.

WTH are you talking about, (Q) riders grew up with these trains. R160s are a downgrade for the (Q) as they are for any line because they hold less people and the cars are just about too heavy for the elevated structure anyway.

The R32 ship has sailed. R160s are average but up-to-date rolling stock. R32s are noisy, bumpy, screechy and completely outmoded in 2009. Hell, they were in 2002. R68s serve the (Q) well, they are not new but not terribly dated at this time and are reasonably comfortable from a non rail-fan's POV who could care less about riding in trains they "grew up with". Wouldn't "grew up with" depend on the rider's age? (Q) riders are now "used to" the more modern R68 and R160 now so an R32 is way old equipment from out of the blue for this line. Anyway, if the Brighton line wasn't all local, this one R32 train set would never be in CI serving Brighton. What CI could use is a new R160 set to replace it and send it back to service the Fulton line.

The R32 ship has sailed. R160s are average but up-to-date rolling stock. R32s are noisy, bumpy, screechy and completely outmoded in 2009. Hell, they were in 2002. R68s serve the (Q) well, they are not new but not terribly dated at this time and are reasonably comfortable from a non rail-fan's POV who could care less about riding in trains they "grew up with". Wouldn't "grew up with" depend on the rider's age? (Q) riders are now "used to" the more modern R68 and R160 now so an R32 is way old equipment from out of the blue for this line. Anyway, if the Brighton line wasn't all local, this one R32 train set would never be in CI serving Brighton. What CI could use is a new R160 set to replace it and send it back to service the Fulton line.

The R160s can rot in hell. I'm glad that they haven't hit the Fulton Line yet as T/Os and C/Rs over there don't want to deal with them. It's bad enough Pitkin has to test those cars.

Believe me, I'll take an R44 over an R160 any day. All subway cars > 160. Everyone's gonna be sorry when the remainder of the 60' SMEEs are gone. Look what happened with the R142s: the (2), (4) and (5) had to borrow trains from other lines because the 142s were acting up in 2006.

The R160s can rot in hell. I'm glad that they haven't hit the Fulton Line yet as T/Os and C/Rs over there don't want to deal with them. It's bad enough Pitkin has to test those cars.

Believe me, I'll take an R44 over an R160 any day. All subway cars > 160. Everyone's gonna be sorry when the remainder of the 60' SMEEs are gone. Look what happened with the R142s: the (2), (4) and (5) had to borrow trains from other lines because the 142s were acting up in 2006.

The R142/R143/R160 are WAY more reliable than R44, R46, R62s or R68s were when they were new. What you or I prefer is irrelevant, it's what serves the public best as the MTA currently modernizes its total operation.

CHILL, por favor.

They don't hold that many less than the R-32s if even. R-32s have corner cabs taking up space in every car and R-68/As have full and corner cabs in each car wasting space. Not the case with the R-160s, not even getting to other apsects of R-160s which commuters appear to like. Wrong, they're not too heavy for elevated structures, BMT Steels as well as R-10s were used on these structures for decades and they were heavier. Please, check your info.

i kno right? i mean there are other lines in the system, but why on the (Q)(:) Brighton? how about the (N), or the (D), so what if the (D) is not based out of coney island?

Archived