R32 (Q) photos

R32 3838

Oh I hear ya, I too appreciate the older cars. I still miss the redbirds and wished I got more pics of them in service.

It seems like a shame some people don't care about the 'old stuff' anymore... Yes, I know all that matters is something running, but at least try to enjoy the older cars because the system will be boring and sterile before the end of next year.

Oh I hear ya, I too appreciate the older cars. I still miss the redbirds and wished I got more pics of them in service.

It seems like a shame some people don't care about the 'old stuff' anymore... Yes, I know all that matters is something running, but at least try to enjoy the older cars because the system will be boring and sterile before the end of next year.

I couldn't have said it any better, but let everyone else deal with it the hard way. If they want to take the car retirements for granted, let 'em go ahead. I know one thing: this week, I'll be having fin riding R42s on the (V) and will enjoy them for my upcoming birthday on the (J) and then catch some 32 (A)s and on the (C). At least I have sense to enjoy riding the SMEEs while I still can.

R32/38s can seat 56 people where as R40/42s and R160s can only seat 44. R68/68As can seat 70, but the R44s can seat the most of all B Division cars at 76.

That's not all the data, there are different seating amounts on A cars versus B cars with R-160s. The difference is very minor when compared with other 60 ft cars.

Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily hate the R160s, I just don't see the hype over the cars. They're new, so what? They've been around for four years! They hype over the cars is now long over, or should be. People are getting hyped over a subway car that will be around for years. That's why I'm showing appreciation to the older cars from R32 to R46 because they've been through a lot more than what people realize and everyone is taking their retirements for granted.

Who's hyping the R160? And perhaps avoid generalities like "everyone" is taking the old cars retirements for granted and don't realize what they've gone through. I KNOW what they've gone through, I was there in the 1970s riding these trains and know first-hand what the whole system and city went through at that time.

You said it well, Mr. Concourse! I can't see how one can hate the R32s, those trains look too damn good to be hated! C'mon Luis :P

lol i dont hate them, i mean i take them almost everyday on the (C) on my way to school.....i just dont like taking them on the (;)(Q). lol.

R160s are inferior to every other subway car in the B Division. R32 is WAY better than the R160; R40 Slants are better than the R160; R46s are better than the R160; R143s make the R160 look like a joke because the R160 is a mockup version of the R143; even R44s are better than the R160. I'd pick a 44 over a 160 any day. I'll pick any subway car over an R160.

this i have to agree with, i may dislike the R32's but theyre WAY BETTER than the R160's.

it makes railfanning on the Brighton Line super fun. you can thank some old lady for filing a lawsuit claiming the R32s made her crash on the (N) for the reason why you will not seem them there anymore. that was a very stupid lawsuit because to me, the only cars that gave me bumps and bruises countless time were the R40 slants even though they were the best of the St Louis cars. it would be pointless to send it to the (D) since it is not maintained at Coney Island.

No it doesnt, and id say the (D) because the only cars you see on that line is strictly R68's with occasional R68A's during G.O.'s. (Baseball season is over now till next year, so that doesnt count.) itll be a lil change to add that one set on the (D) line.

anyone who hates the R32s must be blind as a bat.

lies man!!! u buggin! I see take them on the (C) almost everyday, and see them on the (R)(V) as well. So i aint missing much.

no point in putting R32s on the (N) since it is now exclusively R160s. it would not look right to replace the system's newest cars with the oldest.

well they got them on the (Q) and they trying to make it entirely R160's. How u like them apples?

the only cars better than the R160s are R32s. i hope to see R68/68As at Pitkin.

i dont think so. You'd be suprised if they kept the R68/R68A's at Coney Island and be placed on the (G) (if they decide to have the (G) based out of Coney Island). Remember, the (:P still uses those cars. They're not going anywhere anytime soon. We'll just have to wait and see what the (MTA) is going to do. They say one thing, and end up changing it at the end.

lol i dont hate them, i mean i take them almost everyday on the (C) on my way to school.....i just dont like taking them on the (:((Q). lol.

That I understand, although they were basically born on the (Q). But this wasn't your generation and neither was it mine so I can understand where you're coming from.

this i have to agree with, i may dislike the R32's but theyre WAY BETTER than the R160's.

Yes!

Archived