Railfan ranking system

NYtransit

so ive been bored and i thought about making a railfan ranking system,i got the idea because my brothers friend goes to the airforce and he told me about the ranking system.So i thought about making a ranking system for us! once you have found your correct ranking,put at as your signature to show how long you've been railfanning! *( C ) medals copyrights to splash damage*

rank1.pngbegginer

rank2.pngjust started

rank3.jpggetting there

rank4.jpgnot a foamer

rank5jpg.jpgexperienced

rank6.jpgOffical subway photographer

rank7.jpgsemi-pro subway photographer

rank8.jpgLoves the subway!

rank9.jpgprofessional subway photographer

rank10.jpgsemi-elite subway photographer

rank11.jpgvery experienced subway photographer

rank12.jpgELITE subway photographer

hope to see you guys use this!:cool:

Erm no i think its better how harry has it. Besides why does it have to be subways? Theres other things then subways. Buses, Railroads, Ferry, etc... Other Transportation. But this rank system, nah. But its my opionion tho..

Tho the design is not bad.. More like an army style or something lol

I don't like how you label people by seniority who enjoy railroading as a hobby.

And I also think "foaming" in this case has nothing to do with photography. I think foaming has a lot more to do with breaking, stealing things, and over-obsessing with transportation.

Not all "foamers" take pictures, so technically by this ranking system, you can't be a foamer for 10 years.

I have been involved for years and I don't take picture. I guess I don't fit into this ranking skeem.

I take pictures very rarely and almost NEVER of the current fleet in current operations. This system only treats people as photographers which ain't correct.

The current system seems fine. To start assigning people titles based on time or posts makes no sense, then you have what you have over at Craphangers where someone gets to be "head of the MTA" just because they have the most posts. Plus a forum doesn't need a ranking system to be successful in my opinion. I know people on TeH iNtArWeBz like to "accumulate status" and have all these things that make them look like an army admiral just cuz they post a little bit here and there but it's really not needed.

@all well i just wanted to show some how to thanks my brothers friends,and although,it doesnt mean im assiging people these rankings.i just thought it would be to show how long they have been railfanning.not to show how good or bad they are. and i resized them to be a bit smaller.you dont have to use them,it was just a suggestion.

I take pictures very rarely and almost NEVER of the current fleet in current operations. This system only treats people as photographers which ain't correct.

The current system seems fine. To start assigning people titles based on time or posts makes no sense, then you have what you have over at Craphangers where someone gets to be "head of the MTA" just because they have the most posts. Plus a forum doesn't need a ranking system to be successful in my opinion. I know people on TeH iNtArWeBz like to "accumulate status" and have all these things that make them look like an army admiral just cuz they post a little bit here and there but it's really not needed.

Agreed, it was even worse a few months ago with these endless 'games' threads. There's far too many 'random thoughts threads' there and it's starting to spread here as well. There's not too many 'factual based posts'. Everything is this and that without any thoughts because 'it sounds good'. And I don't mean minor wishing, I mean full blown foaming.

@all well i just wanted to show some how to thanks my brothers friends,and although,it doesnt mean im assiging people these rankings.i just thought it would be to show how long they have been railfanning.not to show how good or bad they are. and i resized them to be a bit smaller.you dont have to use them,it was just a suggestion.

Yes, go ahead and ignore my post about the images being too big for signature usage. *removes*

Agreed, it was even worse a few months ago with these endless 'games' threads. There's far too many 'random thoughts threads' there and it's starting to spread here as well. There's not too many 'factual based posts'. Everything is this and that without any thoughts because 'it sounds good'. And I don't mean minor wishing, I mean full blown foaming.

I guess I just wonder why people at all forums need to feel validation for what they post? Isn't the interaction enough? Do people really need a gold star, a lollipop and a pat on the back? I really don't know, but I certainly don't think it's needed.

Plus adding ranks will take away from the REAL ranks on here, like those that are TA employees actually having their titles listed which I think is great...because you know who the employees around here are and where they're coming from so you can ask them things if you want to know the answer. Adding imaginary ranks takes away from that.

I guess I just wonder why people at all forums need to feel validation for what they post? Isn't the interaction enough? Do people really need a gold star, a lollipop and a pat on the back? I really don't know, but I certainly don't think it's needed.

Plus adding ranks will take away from the REAL ranks on here, like those that are TA employees actually having their titles listed which I think is great...because you know who the employees around here are and where they're coming from so you can ask them things if you want to know the answer. Adding imaginary ranks takes away from that.

Agreed, that's why I'm glad there's no ranking system here. It really cuts down on the waste that are those random thoughts threads. And of course it also helps the mods here are active. Not to diss the mods there [i know some of them], but they aren't there all the time.

Not to name names, but having an imaginary title is nothing to be posting threads about.

Rider Diaries has been slow and hardly anyone posts in the Mezzanine. I think Subchat and NYC Transit Forums are far more active at present (Not sure about TTMG).

I've got to agree. When I first became moderator over there, I knew I HAD to crack down on those spammy, spammy things! A forum isn't about quantity, it's about quality.

I think these are kinda overkill

10 posts a day, every day, 3 years 10 months

5 posts a day, every day, 7 years 7 months

to get to 16,000

10 posts a day, every day, 4 years 4 months.

5 posts a day, every day, 8 years.

43 posts a day every day, one year

one post a day every day, 43 years

I've been here 7 months exactly, I have 120 posts (121 counting this one). works out to a post every other day. let me put it this way, people will be looking at the R160s the way we look at the Arnines by the time I have 16,000 at that rate.

getting to that level quickly is not a badge of honor, it means you are pathetic and have no life.

Ain't that the truth. I'd be 95 before I got 16,000

Archived