Those who passed Bus Operator Exam #8006

Igor Gaysinsky

So does that mean that they have started calling from the 8006 list? #191 and under have received letters for the drug/alcohol,etc?

Sealteam1962 was right, they don't have to finish the other list first(5025). They can call from both lists at the same time. Once a list is established is what matters.

So does that mean that they have started calling from the 8006 list? #191 and under have received letters for the drug/alcohol,etc?

Sealteam1962 was right, they don't have to finish the other list first(5025). They can call from both lists at the same time. Once a list is established is what matters.

I just got done calling myself, and it's true they are starting to call from that list whom ever took the exam. So hopefully when they get done with those people they'll keep moving down on the list. I hope to hear from them in the new year. With the list that I'm at I might hear from them in the spring or summer time. I prey hope they do call me as I wait.:tup:

Hey Guys,

I'm #160 on the list. I did not receive any letters or calls.

Thanks for the status update jr927. On another thread it was explained what last eligible certified meant. I figure once letters start going out a lot of new people will post on here. Sorry for the false alarm 8006 list members. :)

Locomotion69, i tried to look up what "last eligible certified" means, but cant seem to find the thread. Do you know? or know where I could find what it means?

Last Eligible Certified = Means the last list number that was sent to an agency for possible consideration to be hired. If you call into the hotline and it says your list number is on an outstanding certification , it means your list number was not sent to agency yet but is close to being called in the near future.

Last Eligible Appointed = Means the last list number of an eligible person hired by an agency. Both of these will differ most of the time. The hotline can say the last list number of the last eligible certified is 1200, and the last eligible appointed is 987.

I know all of this DCAS language can be confusing and such but once you've take a few exams administered by them you'll understand everything. I hope this answered everyone's questions.

Last Eligible Certified = Means the last list number that was sent to an agency for possible consideration to be hired. If you call into the hotline and it says your list number is on an outstanding certification , it means your list number was not sent to agency yet but is close to being called in the near future.

Last Eligible Appointed = Means the last list number of an eligible person hired by an agency. Both of these will differ most of the time. The hotline can say the last list number of the last eligible certified is 1200, and the last eligible appointed is 987.

I know all of this DCAS language can be confusing and such but once you've take a few exams administered by them you'll understand everything. I hope this answered everyone's questions.

Makes sense what you put!:tup:

my freind just got called to report to livingston st he is like 80 something they are in full swing if you have a list number in the 1-800 range you will be called soon .you should receve a letter to come down to the interview then medical soon.this range of list numbers will be hired by the summer if you pass the medical and have your all your credentials in order i cant wait good luck to all i hope this brings some holiday cheer to all that are waiting;)(MTA)

my freind just got called to report to livingston st he is like 80 something they are in full swing if you have a list number in the 1-800 range you will be called soon .you should receve a letter to come down to the interview then medical soon.this range of list numbers will be hired by the summer if you pass the medical and have your all your credentials in order i cant wait good luck to all i hope this brings some holiday cheer to all that are waiting;)(MTA)

Thanks Seal for the positive news. Hopefully we start rolling by the Spring..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Forum Members,

I am on 8006, and my list # is in the 24X range. I am currently enrolled in college, and am registered for the Spring, 2010 semester (starting 28 JAN 2010.) I have 40 days between semesters and am planning on getting my commercial licenses in that time.

I am a bit vexed as to what I should do if I am called during the semester. Can I delay my entry without penalty, to complete the semester? From when is seniority calculated, the date you are called or the date training is completed, or the date training starts? As lay-offs may be a concern for some time to come, I am deliberating whether it would be better to drop out if called rather than finish the semester. If I am called before the start of classes, I can cancel the semester without penalty.

A factor of great concern to me is how quickly the process moves once one is called (from the first call down to 180 Livingston for a drug test or personal appearance to actually starting the training.) Another item of import I would like to determine is when I am likely to be called. I have a relatively low number, so I think sooner than later. If I am called by 27 January (last day to withdraw with a 100% refund), I can drop college (temporarily) until I complete my probation. I think I could finish part-time after that.

If I am called between 28 January and 19 February, I can drop my classes (but no refund) without academic penalty. If I withdraw after that but by April 13th, I will have a W (Withdrawal) grade, which isn't so bad and does not affect my GPA. However, if I drop the class after that, I will get a WU grade, an Unofficial Withdrawal, which is the same as an F. That would hurt me academically, as WU grades do reflect in the GPA. Classes would end no later than 25 May 2010. So, if I am called after April 13th, but before 25 May, I will likely have to stay in college and finish the term.

Does anyone have an idea how quickly the list will be called, or how I can pursue finding such out?

Responses are welcome. Thanks for your time.

Hi Forum Members,

I am on 8006, and my list # is in the 24X range. I am currently enrolled in college, and am registered for the Spring, 2010 semester (starting 28 JAN 2010.) I have 40 days between semesters and am planning on getting my commercial licenses in that time.

I am a bit vexed as to what I should do if I am called during the semester. Can I delay my entry without penalty, to complete the semester? From when is seniority calculated, the date you are called or the date training is completed, or the date training starts? As lay-offs may be a concern for some time to come, I am deliberating whether it would be better to drop out if called rather than finish the semester. If I am called before the start of classes, I can cancel the semester without penalty.

A factor of great concern to me is how quickly the process moves once one is called (from the first call down to 180 Livingston for a drug test or personal appearance to actually starting the training.) Another item of import I would like to determine is when I am likely to be called. I have a relatively low number, so I think sooner than later. If I am called by 27 January (last day to withdraw with a 100% refund), I can drop college (temporarily) until I complete my probation. I think I could finish part-time after that.

If I am called between 28 January and 19 February, I can drop my classes (but no refund) without academic penalty. If I withdraw after that but by April 13th, I will have a W (Withdrawal) grade, which isn't so bad and does not affect my GPA. However, if I drop the class after that, I will get a WU grade, an Unofficial Withdrawal, which is the same as an F. That would hurt me academically, as WU grades do reflect in the GPA. Classes would end no later than 25 May 2010. So, if I am called after April 13th, but before 25 May, I will likely have to stay in college and finish the term.

Does anyone have an idea how quickly the list will be called, or how I can pursue finding such out?

Well If you get called for a job with the MTA they will not be accommodating at all to your school situation. You will have to drop out of school because you will have crazy hours and such. And as far as the hiring process it all depends on the individual. For some people it can be 2 trips downtown and your hired for some other people it can be many trips depending on medical test and drug test as well need of the authority.

I highly doubt it that they would call you before finishing your semester at college. You can always decline employment by the MTA if they do send you a letter while your in college. You won't be taken off the 8006, just passed up for a later date.

As far as to how long the hiring process goes from the day you have the drug test up until you qualify during the 10 day period that can vary. I know you are officially hired after you pass the medical, but to me it doesn't mean anything until you qualify during your 10 days.40 days should be more then enough time to get your CDL. Just my opinion but I don't see them calling off the 8006 list until the end of this year

Dont wory about this right now, start college, and keep up with classes.

wory about it when the papers come in for the first day of training !

the way they are moving right now you will be able to get MBA before they will call you ( JOKE ! )

Dont wory about this right now, start college, and keep up with classes.

wory about it when the papers come in for the first day of training !

the way they are moving right now you will be able to get MBA before they will call you ( JOKE ! )

You are a funny guy Olegkha, lol. Why did you refuse employment the 1st time around? is there a limit as to how many times you can decline?...

You are a funny guy Olegkha, lol. Why did you refuse employment the 1st time around? is there a limit as to how many times you can decline?...

You can refuse i think 3 times, but you probably should check with Dcas on this

I refused the first time they called me because i was making 3 times as much as a driver, plus i was siting in the warm office and only talking to clients who I wanted to talk to on the phone, the clients who i did not want to deal with were sent to other people in the office :(

plus some other perks of the job ;)... and last year the business i was in started falling apart, so i was on the verge to be let go if not now then in a very short time, so I accepted MTA call

I lost 1.5 years of employment with MTA, but i did not loose much as far as seniority, because the hire freeze was put in effect 2-3 classes after i declined, and as it was lifted i was in the second class.

Couple more answers in caps down bellow

Hi Forum Members,

WINTER TIME CAN BE A TOUGH TIME TO GET A LICENSE, WHAT IF THERE IS SNOW OR ICE? GET A PERMIT, AND LEAVE THE DRIVING AND ROAD TEST FOR A WARMER MOUNTH ( JUST MY OPINION)

I am a bit vexed as to what I should do if I am called during the semester. Can I delay my entry without penalty, to complete the semester? From when is seniority calculated, the date you are called or the date training is completed, or the date training starts?

IT IS CALCULATED WHEN YOU PASSED THE MEDICAL AND DRUGS AND ASSIGNED THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS IN BRONX... YOU DONT KNOW WHEN THEY WILL CALL YOU, MAYBE YOU WILL BE ALMOUST DONE WITH THE CLASSES, SO YOU CAN REFUSE THE NEXT CLASS IN BRONX AND ASK TO BE PLACED IN THE ONE AFTER. THEY GAVE ME 4 DATES WHEN I COULD HAVE STARTED THE CLASS IN BRONX ( IT WAS EVERY 2 WEEKS )

As lay-offs may be a concern for some time to come, I am deliberating whether it would be better to drop out if called rather than finish the semester. If I am called before the start of classes, I can cancel the semester without penalty.

GO TO SCHOOL, WORRY ABOUT IT WHEN YOU GET A LETTER FROM MTA

PLUS THE MORE CLASSES YOU TAKE THE LESS YOU WILL NEED TO TAKE IF YOU DESIDE TO GO TO ONLINE SCHOOL , LIKE PHOENIX UNIVERSITY ( AS I AM DOING NOW )

DONT WORY ABOUT THIS NOW, NO ONE CAN GIVE YOU ANY ANSWER ANYWAY

DONT WORY ABOUT THIS NOW, NO ONE CAN GIVE YOU ANY ANSWER ANYWAY

You can refuse i think 3 times, but you probably should check with Dcas on this

I refused the first time they called me because i was making 3 times as much as a driver, plus i was siting in the warm office and only talking to clients who I wanted to talk to on the phone, the clients who i did not want to deal with were sent to other people in the office :(

plus some other perks of the job ;)... and last year the business i was in started falling apart, so i was on the verge to be let go if not now then in a very short time, so I accepted MTA call

I lost 1.5 years of employment with MTA, but i did not loose much as far as seniority, because the hire freeze was put in effect 2-3 classes after i declined, and as it was lifted i was in the second class.

Thanks, understood. You took both B/O exams(2006 and in 2008). You must have not liked your list number from the 5025 exam to have taken the exam again. You did much better the 2nd time around(#68). Igor was the opposite, he got a great list number on the 5025 and is at the bottom of the 8006 list, go figure.

Archived