As December Comes In, Along Comes Some Snow

Sea Beach

You would not be cheering if you had to shovel out your driveway and sidewalk. As nice as snow is to take pics of, it's a PITA to clear up.

It's fun and a good workout, and quick if you don't let it pile up really deep. During heavy snowfall i pop out 3-4 times to keep it from accumulating, spread some pet safe ice melting.

100262-FB.jpg

Chugging along! :cool:

- A

LOL the next decade is only 26 days away.

I really miss that 70-degree day we had like 2 days ago.

Actually the next decade is 392 days away. Decades start on a 1 year, not a 0 year, because numbers go 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10, not 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. No year zero. :)

- A

well according to both New York1 news and the weather channel as of 3pm NY timetoday here the 'revised and final' forecast for the weekend. in the city very or no snow expected but just north as much as 4 inches is expected.

NYC 5 boros

Tonight: (9/5/09)Rain changes to sleet/snow and ends early Sunday AM. lows 32-34.

Possible dusting-1/2 inch of slushy snow possible.

Tommorrow(9/6/09)Sunny 40-45 degrees.

*however anywhere north of Interstate 287(ie White Plains, Southern Rockland and Suffern NY area) and west of the Newark area it's all snow:p:cry:*

Northwest NJ(Sussex and Northern Passic Counties) and NYS's lower Hudson Valley(Rockland, Orange Putnam and Dutchess Counties)Forecast

Tonight:(9/5/09) All Snow heavy at times. lows 30-32.

2-4 inches of snow expected w/ as much as 6 inches in higher mountain areas.

Tommorow (9/6/09) Sunny 35-40 degrees.

just the facts folks here.:cool:

sources http://www.weather.com and http://www.ny1.com

I hate to sound like a kid here... but...

Snow FTW !!!

IDC if it's 6 feet of snow I have to shovel.... I will gladly take that, over a 70 degree October day (which we did have this year), and these 50 degree December days.... I want to step outside and take a deep breath & exhale & see the fog exert from my mouth....

In plain english, I favor freezing from the cold over sweltering from the heat... so much so that I sleep w/ a fan on every day of the year w/ the window open, summer or winter....

It's actually harder to cool down than it is to warm up, because cooling requires complex technology, warming up just needs a fire, be it a kerosene heater or a bonfire etc, just be safe with hot surfaces & try to minimize open flame!

- A

Winter has arrived in Phoenix this week. :)

It has been only around 38 degrees around sunrise but it has been a slow warm up so that afternoons have been around 56 degrees. This followed a rainy Monday (and a rainy/windy Monday night.).

Las Vegas (Nevada) is cooler - they're around 33 degrees around sunrise then a slow warm up to around 51 degree afternoons.

At 10:50am, Phoenix is 44 degrees with 65% humidity, Tucson is 43 degrees with 64% humidity and Las Vegas is 39 degrees with 63% humidity.

guys living in the nyc area you lucky. today's(12/9/09) storm brought 3-5 inches of snow and ice in towns near or along the nys thruway from Newburgh-Albany and more heading towards Canada.

plus if you have any travel plans to go to points between Syracuse-Watertown NY-Buffalo in next couple of days leave lots of travel time. :P

those areas of western and nothern ny state towards the borders may get as much as 3 feet of snow from 'lake effect' blizzard by time it supposed to end by saturday.

so looks like that region of upstate ny, unless it warms up dramtically will have a white christmas.:cool:

Archived