Split Depot Scenerios

jacsnyy

Under which scenerios do routes get split between depots?

Such as the Q6, Q8, Q9, Q11 between JFK ad Far Rockaway (I don't think I've ever seen them running as Far Rockaway), The M98 and M30 between Amsterdamn and Quill (I've never seen the M98 running from Quill)

Such as the Q6, Q8, Q9, Q11 between JFK ad Far Rockaway (I don't think I've ever seen them running as Far Rockaway), The M98 and M30 between Amsterdamn and Quill (I've never seen the M98 running from Quill)

then you must only see the M98 in the morning because in the afternoon only Quill operates in. in the morning its Amsterdam and Quill

The Q6, Q8, Q9 and Q11 do split between FR and JFK. The headways are almost equal. I dont understand the Q6 though as it passes JFK depot. I was on a number of Q11s from FR. Most overnight though. and given how these routes were operated under Green Lines, and the same with the 2 depot, im not surprised.

and nel070, the "merrick depot" youre reffering to is the Jamaica Depot.

The Q17 is helped out by Casey Stengel in the afternoons because I see a number of Orion Vs out there.

The Q27 is also helped out by Stengel on afternoons because of the students at Cardozo High School.

The Q44 is usually helped out by the Jamaica Depot on certain days as well.

The Q6, 8 & 9 are split between the two depots for school trippers, along with the Q41.

then you must only see the M98 in the morning because in the afternoon only Quill operates in. in the morning its Amsterdam and Quill

And midday & evening, the M98 runs like the Q32

They split lines for many reasons and here are a few...

-very short headways that require many buses that 1 depot can't handle by itself

-school trips

-proximity to depots where a few trips can come from it

Here are some lines that are split (that I know of)

-Q44 (Stengel & Jamaica for school trippers)

-Q6, 7, 8, 9, 11, & 41 (JFK & Far Rockaway)

-B9 (Flatbush & Gleason for school trips)

-Q32 (full-time split with Quill & Stengel)

The B20 used to be split between East New York & Fresh Pond but they stopped doing that

They split lines for many reasons and here are a few...

-very short headways that require many buses that 1 depot can't handle by itself

-school trips

-proximity to depots where a few trips can come from it

Here are some lines that are split (that I know of)

-Q44 (Stengel & Jamaica for school trippers)

-Q6, 7, 8, 9, 11, & 41 (JFK & Far Rockaway)

-B9 (Flatbush & Gleason for school trips)

-Q32 (full-time split with Quill & Stengel)

The B20 used to be split between East New York & Fresh Pond but they stopped doing that

Q76-CS/JA

Q88-QV/CS

Q27-QV/CS

Q58-FP/CS

Q17-JA/CS

Q31-CS/QV

Just some more to add

• 3 months later...

Almost made a duplicate thread It is my Opinion that most or all Routes should be split between Depots to minimize mileage and wear and tear on equipment the other night I seen an Q58 heading back to the house NIS from Far Rockaway to Elmhurst without a doubt that would have to be one of the longest rides back to the Depot now here is a scenario that would be a win win whould it have been Split Between Far Rockaway and LaGuardia Operators From LaGuardia last Trip would have been in Jackson Heights and back to the House vice versa Operators from Far Rockaway last trip would be in Far Rockaway and back to the House it makes a lot of sense

Archived