MTA DOB's new Depot

DevilBus65

Well how about this one. La Guardia Point West Depot is coming.Due to the rearranging of bus routes affecting La Guardia and College Point depots, a new mega depot has been ordered. This depot will be built in a central location somewhere in north western Queens. The goal of this new depot is to handle all of the local lines servicing the area from Queens Borough Plaza east to Flushing Main Street. Many lines can be dispatched from this central location due to it's close proximity and easy access to the area. Also look for some inter-borough services to be added to serve customers between Brooklyn/Queens to augment Subway service in the area.

Well how about this one. La Guardia Point West Depot is coming.Due to the rearranging of bus routes affecting La Guardia and College Point depots, a new mega depot has been ordered. This depot will be built in a central location somewhere in north western Queens. The goal of this new depot is to handle all of the local lines servicing the area from Queens Borough Plaza east to Flushing Main Street. Many lines can be dispatched from this central location due to it's close proximity and easy access to the area. Also look for some inter-borough services to be added to serve customers between Brooklyn/Queens to augment Subway service in the area.

Wait are depots closing?

First off, thanks for relaying this information.

I don't know, it's not that I disbelieve this, outright...

It's more that, I'm so sick of hearing rumors about what depot is closing, and what depot is opening, and what depot is this & what depot is that.... and there's been quite a few of em (rumors) this year regarding the supposed happenings of bus depots here in the city, alone....

I'll just take a wait & see approach... Sounds like it would be beneficial, although I'm thinking where in NW Queens would a "mega" depot be physically placed.....

First off, thanks for relaying this information.

I don't know, it's not that I disbelieve this, outright...

It's more that, I'm so sick of hearing rumors about what depot is closing, and what depot is opening, and what depot is this & what depot is that.... and there's been quite a few of em (rumors) this year regarding the supposed happenings of bus depots here in the city, alone....

I'll just take a wait & see approach... Sounds like it would be beneficial, although I'm thinking where in NW Queens would a "mega" depot be physically placed.....

I cant blame you on this.... im still waiting for Staten Island's new depot

Cool, Queens's 9th Depot. I really like the name but I feel it's too similar to LaGuardia Depot.

It would be nice if it could benefit both MTA Bus and MTA NYC Bus but I doubt it's feasible right now.

Anyways a new depot is needed, Queens relies heavily on buses.

Now DevilBus65......when is this Mega Depot slated to open?? I have heard of a new depot was in order for LGA.....like you said due to the rearranging of bus lines.....but if this does go thru......sounds like my new home......:)

Anything is possible. There are a lot of rumors going around about several different topics in the Queens divisions. I don't think we ( Stengel depot ) are about to close down anytime soon, though that La Guardia depot is my bet on one depot that would close. I don't know what condition College Point Depot is in. I have been told that Stengel is a mega depot because we have a larger amount of buses at our depot that most others do. I just hope that we can keep the Q32, its a nice line to work.:)

Archived