Question about the R-143 that was tagged at 14 St/8 Av

BJC

Anybody know here who work on L know which car # that was tag on Sunday morning at 2 am??when I enter the train I saw red and white spry paint on floor,doors and black markers on the window..they even took the Vandals shield off too....the smell was still fresh.MTA workers told us to get off the train,because the train was going out of service.these kids must've did it when the train was going into 8 av...the cops caught the 4 kids who did it too...they were sitting on bench.

I'm seriously not surprised especially if they are tagged up in the interiors. Look at the R142/A walls, they are made with the same materials as white boards and any type of permanent marker or spray can ruin their texture if done repetitively. The R143 and R160 walls on the other hand, are made with wall paper-like materials and can easily be scratched off with the touch of a switchblade. God knows why the NTTs didn't keep the R62/A and R68/A stainless steel interiors, but they are no doubt the best even though they had minor problems with buffing scratchitti.

Look at the R142/A walls, they are made with the same materials as white boards and any type of permanent marker or spray can ruin their texture if done repetitively. The R143 and R160 walls on the other hand, are made with wall paper-like materials and can easily be scratched off with the touch of a switchblade. God knows why the NTTs didn't keep the R62/A and R68/A stainless steel interiors, but they are no doubt the best even though they had minor problems with buffing scratchitti.

The scratchitti on the stainless steel interiors are impossible to get rid of. The only way they can come off is if the entire structure is replaced.

The NTT walls are made of something plastic that is supposed to withstand graffiti and scratchitti in my view of things. I find it almost impossible that an R142 has not been vandalized before, but whenever you enter in one, there always seem to be no sign of paint vandalism. I've been on one R142 where someone tagged up the wall right next to the full width A car. I caught the same car a couple of weeks later and no trace of it was found.

The scratchitti on the stainless steel interiors are impossible to get rid of. The only way they can come off is if the entire structure is replaced.

The NTT walls are made of something plastic that is supposed to withstand graffiti and scratchitti in my view of things. I find it almost impossible that an R142 has not been vandalized before, but whenever you enter in one, there always seem to be no sign of paint vandalism. I've been on one R142 where someone tagged up the wall right next to the full width A car. I caught the same car a couple of weeks later and no trace of it was found.

To me, the R142/A walls are white versions of the 60 ft SMEE walls.

Can't the scratches in the stainless steel be buffed out or filled in? I'm just wondering. And as for the NTT walls, they have suffered scratchitti. Nothing is scratch-resistant, not plastic, not metal, not even glass. That's why the glass windows have film to protect it, but that's all.

I saw that train!!!! i was on the next arriving L! i first got to Union Sq and the next Bk bound was in 34 mins! i got tired so i took the 8th AVe bound to hope on the A from there and saw mad cops, two dudes hancuffed sitting on the bench and then i saw the tags! i know it was the 3rd car heading Bk bound. all i can seen to recall of the car numbers were 82xx.

They even tagged on the floor!

I saw that train!!!! i was on the next arriving L! i first got to Union Sq and the next Bk bound was in 34 mins! i got tired so i took the 8th AVe bound to hope on the A from there and saw mad cops, two dudes hancuffed sitting on the bench and then i saw the tags! i know it was the 3rd car heading Bk bound. all i can seen to recall of the car numbers were 82xx.

They even tagged on the floor!

Dang!!! That's crazy!

Archived