20 R42's Left at Jamaica and the (C) becoming 10 cars

R32 3838

Okay, Now its time to get your last shots & rides of R42's on the (V), After Next week or the week after next the R42's will be no more at Jamaica, After that, THEY WILL NOT RETIRE THOSE R32's!!!!, They will Be ether Transferd to 207th to make the (C) 10 cars or They will stay at Jamaica untl they want to get rid of them, After they dump off the R42's at Jamaica, You better head over to ENY and ride theirs also, Because I did hear that they want those gone also, Jamaica would start sending the R46's to 207th st if the (C) becomes 10 cars (They better start thinking quick because time is running out), If Not then The TA is going to have a Big Problem, But all I got to say get your last Rides on the R42's FIRST!!!!!!!! Then the R32's, And I dobut that the 60" SMEE's (R32's would be gone by June of 2010, They will be mostlikely gone by the Fall of next year rerember CI R32 trainset at CI.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, Now its time to get your last shots & rides of R42's on the (V), After Next week or the week after next the R42's will be no more at Jamaica, After that, THEY WILL NOT RETIRE THOSE R32's!!!!, They will Be ether Transferd to 207th to make the (C) 10 cars or They will stay at Jamaica untl they want to get rid of them, After they dump off the R42's at Jamaica, You better head over to ENY and ride theirs also, Because I did hear that they want those gone also, Jamaica would start sending the R46's to 207th st if the (C) becomes 10 cars (They better start thinking quick because time is running out), If Not then The TA is going to have a Big Problem, But all I got to say get your last Rides on the R42's FIRST!!!!!!!! Then the R32's, And I dobut that the 60" SMEE's (R32's would be gone by June of 2010, They will be mostlikely gone by the Fall of next year rerember CI R32 trainset at CI.

Good riddance. Looking forward to the R32 + R42 gone from the Jamaica Lines. They should be transfered to 207th since it is R32 already and they have plenty of them on hand already.

If Jamaica has no more R32 + R42, then they should be able to put R160 on the (R) before you know it.

(E)(F)(G)(R)(V) R32 + R42 free is awesome news. The sooner the better.

Those R32s just don't wanna die!

The oldest & fastest subway cars @ 45!

Every tuesday & Thursday I ride the (E) I hear ppl saying how they miss the old cars, and how they had character, etc. But if the cars make it to 50, I will be really surprised. Even now They r in succh great condition for their age despite the scratchitti.

You better head over to ENY and ride theirs also, Because I did hear that they want those gone also
Does that mean they really will send 32's over to replace them after all? that would make sense, so that the 32's would be the sole old fleet, which could be switched around between the yards as need arises.

Good riddance. Looking forward to the R32 + R42 gone from the Jamaica Lines. They should be transfered to 207th since it is R32 already and they have plenty of them on hand already.

If Jamaica has no more R32 + R42, then they should be able to put R160 on the (R) before you know it.

(E)(F)(G)(R)(V) R32 + R42 free is awesome news. The sooner the better.

Oh Jesus, we have another SMEE hater.

danngg! the R42's! those cares are awesome on the (V) line! well im going to miss them.i cant believe that now its nearing to be only the R32,R68 and R160 for BMT fleet.

You said it. Everyone who's anticipating the SMEEs retirement will eb extremely sorry.

Those R32s just don't wanna die!

The oldest & fastest subway cars @ 45!

Every tuesday & Thursday I ride the (E) I hear ppl saying how they miss the old cars, and how they had character, etc. But if the cars make it to 50, I will be really surprised. Even now They r in succh great condition for their age despite the scratchitti.

R32s are good! They can go to 60, they were made to last. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

Yes yes...Bring all those R42s to the Fulton St/8 Ave line, i wouldnt mind at all.

IAWTP. That makes another car fleet I can ride on the (C).

Does that mean they really will send 32's over to replace them after all? that would make sense, so that the 32's would be the sole old fleet, which could be switched around between the yards as need arises.

It would make sense to put the 32s on the (J) and send the R42s on the (A)/©. This way, it would be easier to retire the R42s because they'll most likely be based out of 207th.

BTW, thanks for the update Chris!!!

We'll just wait and see! It wouldn't make sense to transfer 50 R32s to replace 50 R42s in ENY when the R32s are anticipated to retire anyway in the coming months. The one R32 set at CI is solely for supplemental service during the Brighton reconstruction and nothing more. Remember, transferring trains does cost some money.

We'll just wait and see! It wouldn't make sense to transfer 50 R32s to replace 50 R42s in ENY when the R32s are anticipated to retire anyway in the coming months. The one R32 set at CI is solely for supplemental service during the Brighton reconstruction and nothing more. Remember, transferring trains does cost some money.

Why would you say that? The R160s due for ENY aren't due for some time so it would make the greatest of sense to do a swap because the R42s are next in line for retirement. If the R42s undergo a swap, then it most likely means that the R160 order may not be arriving for some time.

Why would you say that? The R160s due for ENY aren't due for some time so it would make the greatest of sense to do a swap because the R42s are next in line for retirement. If the R42s undergo a swap, then it most likely means that the R160 order may not be arriving for some time.

You know about how they say that the R42s are the last to retire? Well, I think they are solely referring to the ENY R42s. Yes, the last R160A-1s will come last, but that doesn't mean that all the R32s will go last. I mean just look at the ENY R42s, they are ran 24/7 as opposed some R160As running only on the weekdays. If the R42s are running even during the weekends, then that means ENY chose to keep these 50 R42s as the "best" to prioritize them over the R160As. With this in mind, I just don't see how ENY will go about accepting the R32s if the current crew is used to handling the R42s.

You know about how they say that the R42s are the last to retire? Well, I think they are solely referring to the ENY R42s. Yes, the last R160A-1s will come last, but that doesn't mean that all the R32s will go last. I mean just look at the ENY R42s, they are ran 24/7 as opposed some R160As running only on the weekdays. If the R42s are running even during the weekends, then that means ENY chose to keep these 50 R42s as the "best" to prioritize them over the R160As. With this in mind, I just don't see how ENY will go about accepting the R32s if the current crew is used to handling the R42s.

You're forgetting that R32s and R42s are both SMEEs. They operate the same way. And all crew is trained to operate equipment from R32 to R68, having to qualify if they want to operate an R160. But the R42s at ENY, while they are doing a good job looking after them, it would be a huge mistake to have those be the last SMEEs to go. You can darn well expect yet another equipment swap when the (C) goes full-length. When it will go full-length I do not know but I wouldn't be surprised if it does make the transition by the new year.

R32s are good! They can go to 60, they were made to last. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

I believe the maximum attainable speed of most NYCT equipment is generally considered to be 55mph. Even so, there are few if any places in the system where a train can reach such speeds. The only possibility might have been the Rockaway Line when it originally opened prior to the installation of GT signals on the the approaches to both the North and South Channel Bridges which would now prohibit those speeds.

ENY only has R42s. C needs to become 600' trains since the 75' car ones can't be broken up into 6-car R46 trains and for maximum flexibility, the A and C needs full 600' trains.

the 46s can be broken up into six car trains are engine cars are married starting with 6210-12 until 6256-58 and all those cars have be transferred to the (A) line already as a queens blvd rider it will be a pleasure to see all cars on the (E),(F),(R) and (V) be 160s and 46s

the 46s can be broken up into six car trains are engine cars are married starting with 6210-12 until 6256-58 and all those cars have be transferred to the (A) line already as a queens blvd rider it will be a pleasure to see all cars on the (E),(F),(R) and (V) be 160s and 46s

Enjoy your non-SMEEs. Aside from the R46s, your line is basically an eyesore of boredom because variety has jumped ship.

Plus on a side note, there are not enough two car sets of R46s to make the (C) R46 at 8-car length. Conductor position will have to be moved and what-not. Let's not make anything worse than it is until the (C) goes full-length.

welp, its looking like its getting near the end of the line for the R42s. So we know, how many R32s are left at Jamaica yard? I remember from september it was 20. East NY's R42s do run on weekends if thats when you can get out there, I just happened to see an R42 (J) at Canal a few weekends ago.

Has any R160s hit the (R) yet? From what I can gather from people's posts the newest R160s that come in have been going to the (F) to move the R46s to the (R)(V) so theres no car shortages.

Enjoy your non-SMEEs. Aside from the R46s, your line is basically an eyesore of boredom because variety has jumped ship.

Plus on a side note, there are not enough two car sets of R46s to make the (C) R46 at 6*-car length. Conductor position will have to be moved and what-not. Let's not make anything worse than it is until the (C) goes full-length.

*fixed the error.

Plus running 6-car R46s is more a service cut. The C is short enough as it is, we do not need a repeat of when the C ran the R40-42s. Plus there's no need to break up a 4-car set just to make more 6-car trains either.

Is there a chance that any of the R42 cars being retired will be persevered for the museum or is 4572-4573 the only R42 pair being saved?

There MAY be another set being preserved but it's uncertain yet.

Archived