20 R42's Left at Jamaica and the (C) becoming 10 cars

R32 3838

And sadly, 'hoodlum kids' aren't limited to just the A/C either. I've seen kids like that on the 2/5 from Franklin to Flatbush.

I don't ride the IRT so I would not know about them. I know they are really bad on the (A)(C) and (J). When I was in high school, there used to be a group of kids from some school on 39th street and 4th ave that would get on the train. That group of EDPs had their own transit police detail following them.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed about the A/C, I dunno how much the Rockaway segment has to do with limiting older trains to the A/C, but I think eventually it makes more sense to make both lines all R46s [when all the R32s and R44s are gone].

And sadly, 'hoodlum kids' aren't limited to just the A/C either. I've seen kids like that on the 2/5 from Franklin to Flatbush.

I would guess that any transit employee knows that M-F @ 3-4:30 pm is school time. Subway, bus, station, any department ,on ANY line. It really is no different BX,BK,QNs,Manh, or SI. The animals are let loose upon the riding public. Just about any neighborhood goes through the same problem. (1) through (7),(A) through (Z), SIR, and almost every surface line. September to June. Without fail. So face it. The "hoodlum kids" are your children, grandchildren, neighbors, or classmates.

Agreed about the A/C, I dunno how much the Rockaway segment has to do with limiting older trains to the A/C, but I think eventually it makes more sense to make both lines all R46s [when all the R32s and R44s are gone].

There is absolutely NO power issue in the Rockaways. If there were, how come the R160s passed the 30-day test on the (A) when it failed on the (N)? And furthermore, why are trains tested in the Rockaways if there is a power issue?

an R160 train ran on the (R) when it was extended to 179th Street, taking it from the (F).

oh yea, i forgot about that.

i refuse to believe R160s going on the (R) until it actually happens. it does not make sense to have them run on all four Broadway Lines when they can just go on the (Q) to make it exclusively R160s. that way, the Queens Boulevard Express will be R160s only while the local will be just R46s. The Brighton Express will be R68/68As while the local will be R160s only.

Dude, dont be surprised if the Broadway Line becomes entirely R160's. i mean look at the Lexington Av (4)(5)(6) lines. u dont see an R62/R62A on those lines anymore, and there hasnt been an R62 on the (4) in a really long time. all u see are R142/R142A's on the Lex Av Lines. The Broadway (N)(Q)(R)(W) is not that far from it.

But there is no need for any SMEE at Jamaica anymore given 600 or so R160's there now and more arriving every week. From what I read here, the 2 R42's left in Jamaica are breaking down. The F should now be close to 2/3's R160 at rush hour. Why are the 20 or so R32's in Jamaica sent to 207th/Pitkin to finally make the C 10 cars. Jamaica can also start sending more R46's for the A which should free up the 2 R32's that run there to be used to increase the C. 40 R32s should easily put the C at 10 cars.

It's the fact that kids are allowed to act like that. 40 years ago, I doubt it was that bad.

Trust me....the only thing that's changed is the kids do it out in the open now as opposed to when i was a kid. My friends and I did stuff only after contemplating on how to not get in trouble for it. That is the only thing that's changed.

that is what i believe. after the (F) becomes exclusively R160s, the rest of the fleet will go to Coney Island to make the (Q) fully R160s as well. its few R68/68As will either go to the (G) (if it gets transferred to Coney Island, which i think is better than staying at Jamaica) or the (A)(C). Either way, it would be a big benefit to riders on all four lines.

CI yard has enough R160s to make the (Q) all R160 (save for 2 sets sent to Jamaica). CI doesn't really enforce the (Q) being all R160 though. Also, I would assume that not all the R160s are always in service, which is why you regularly see R68/As on the (Q).

i caught an R42 (V) yesterday and today and in both cases, the train suffered a major mechanical problem that left the relatively few riders inside stuck in a crumbling subway car for who knows how long.
No, this is what probably happened. The train stopped in the tunnel for 30 seconds, and while everyone else waited impatiently you were in the corner sh*tting bricks.

no, you have the amazing capacity for being incorrect. your posts have been so nonsensical that i wonder what planet you came from. it is almost certain that the Jamaica R32s will outlive the Jamaica R42s because almost all R42s there are retired, but the remaining R32s have not even been touched yet. do not criticize someone who has contact with transit workers while you do not.

OH, THE IRONY

Every time he has said something it has turned out to be correct. He has access to reliable and correct sources. YOU do not. You are in no position to speak. Many R32s have been retired from Jamaica, which is why they only have 20 now. They used to have hundreds, and not all of them were transferred to 207th. Not even close.

they are, R46s, which Queens Boulevard riders say is the most comfortable cars they have ever experienced. your statement may be why so many (A)(C) riders want the R160s so much.

You don't speak for all Queens Blvd. riders.

Dude, dont be surprised if the Broadway Line becomes entirely R160's.

Not going to happen. There's not enough R160s to make the (R) all R160.

i think the (F) is more than 2/3 160s i rode the (F) train from 179st to coney island about 2pm and it was 95 percent 160s does anyone know how many 160s are running on the (F) is has to be at least 35 trainsets

Right now it should be ~29 R160s to ~16 R46s, or a 2:1 ratio. During off-hours the R160:R46 ratio is higher.

Nobody is denying that the R42s at Jamaica are going to be retired shortly.

The thing is, The R32s at Jamaica will not last much longer, if longer at all.

yeah 1 more R42 will retire, An R160 (new trainset) just arrived at jamaica Mind you I did not see any R42's today on the (V) noor the (R), I only saw an R32 on the (V).

And Yes they want the R42's gone before the R32's, I have a very good soruce, I don't have to argure with somebody that talks for attention.

yeah 1 more R42 will retire, An R160 (new trainset) just arrived at jamaica Mind you I did not see any R42's today on the (V) noor the (R), I only saw an R32 on the (V).

And Yes they want the R42's gone before the R32's, I have a very good soruce, I don't have to argure with somebody that talks for attention.

In that case, I'm extremely lucky that I rode an R42 (V) train end-to-end today, their days are indeed numbered.

Good news indeed. No need to argue. The R32 + R42's will both be gone shortly if not already.

Which means no more problems with those cars. A good thing indeed.

My Beef is I wish Grand Central Connector was up, and I want the (E)(F)(G)(R)(V) to be all SMS R46 + R160. Grand Central connector wont be ready for a few more years yet which is understandable. But the (E)(F)(G)(R)(V) will be all SMS R46 + R160 cars before you know it or newer cars maybe R62, R68 or whatever if they decide to change cars on the (G) perhaps or something else and possibly R179 down the road or whatever.

But all is good and the process is unfolding. Just a matter of a few new R160 deliveries and the completion of the R46 SMS and there we have it.

NO NO I love R32's on my (C) line :)

Trust Me The R32's on the (C) will stay for a while but don't be surprized if the (C) is 100% R46 by Febuary-March of 2010, Those R32's will make their way back where they came from to retire there.

Archived