20 R42's Left at Jamaica and the (C) becoming 10 cars

R32 3838

How did he get any info wrong?

And please stop posting the same speculation over and over in your posts. We already know what your stance is on these cars. Just wait it out over the next few weeks and you will see it's not worth stating the same thing over and over.

Don't mind him, he's just a SMEE hater. He's putting himself out there to get purposely criticized.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I spotted two R42s on the (J) today. Was riding in one of them, the other was heading the other way. Car #4809 is shot, that's for sure.

They are done, it's time to dump them in the drink.

Don't mind him, he's just a SMEE hater. He's putting himself out there to get purposely criticized.

Another unneeded comment. He can post what he want's, it's his opinion. If you don't like it then keep moving.

I am not going to waste my breath, I just can't wait for the people that disagree with me look stupid. But anyways the R32's are returning to Jamaica, Just to retire there, Its stupid to do that but at the same time it would help the (C) become 100% R46's alot quicker.

(MTA)

I spotted two R42s on the (J) today. Was riding in one of them, the other was heading the other way. Car #4809 is shot, that's for sure.

Yup. Will be an R160 before you know it. The R42's are very sporadic and few now.

The barge of death has been spotted. Come 2010, Metro North gets the new M8's.

The 20 cars left at Jamaica. Is that 2 sets of 10 cars?

It was a sad day when the junk from the other lines got put on the Jamaica Lines.

I have used the R32 and R46 on the (E)(F)(G)(R) and (V) lines till the R40 + R42's started appearing and I hated those cars. The R32's were great cars back in the days but have worn substantially and the huge grinding noise I couldn't stand as well as the busted A/C + mechanical problems.

When the next car update comes out, should be nice for once. Always looking forward to pics of new R160 deliveries showing progress.

I can't control what the (MTA) does and if they did put R32 on Jamaica, then they would be flooding the (V) with R32 I assume and moving the R46's over to Pitkin Yards?

Either way the R32's have to retire. So why move the cars around again.

All this repositioning makes me dizzy at any rate.

When I can get an R46 SMS or better on the lines I use, I'll be happy. Thats all I want. :-)

Come January, things will be quite a bit more interesting all around.

Just give me an Alstom or Kawasaki Car or a Pullman Standard please or Westinghouse/Alstom or whatnot.

(MTA)

Yup. Will be an R160 before you know it. The R42's are very sporadic and few now.

The barge of death has been spotted. Come 2010, Metro North gets the new M8's.

The 20 cars left at Jamaica. Is that 2 sets of 10 cars?

It was a sad day when the junk from the other lines got put on the Jamaica Lines.

I have used the R32 and R46 on the (E)(F)(G)(R) and (V) lines till the R40 + R42's started appearing and I hated those cars. The R32's were great cars back in the days but have worn substantially and the huge grinding noise I couldn't stand as well as the busted A/C + mechanical problems.

When the next car update comes out, should be nice for once. Always looking forward to pics of new R160 deliveries showing progress.

I can't control what the (MTA) does and if they did put R32 on Jamaica, then they would be flooding the (V) with R32 I assume and moving the R46's over to Pitkin Yards?

Either way the R32's have to retire. So why move the cars around again.

All this repositioning makes me dizzy at any rate.

When I can get an R46 SMS or better on the lines I use, I'll be happy. Thats all I want. :-)

Come January, things will be quite a bit more interesting all around.

Just give me an Alstom or Kawasaki Car or a Pullman Standard please or Westinghouse/Alstom or whatnot.

amen

Its amazing how much people get info wrong on here.

The (F) is pretty much all R160 now. Next deliveries will make the (F) all R160 and will knock out the R42 on the (J)/(Z)

(R) will indeed get R160 as will the (V). R46 will go to the (A) and (C).

The question mark is the (G) which could have R68 since as you noted, the G doesn't run as many cars. Im not sure what numbers of R68 cars are in service now at Coney Island Yards on the lines where its R68/R160 combinations.

All R46's will go to Pitkin Yard as soon as they can.

(R) will likely be the next new line to get R160's and the (V) will be next after the (R) gets them.

At Jamaica Yard in the coming weeks:

(E) 100% R160

(F) 100% R160

(R) R46/R160

(V) R46

At East New York in the coming weeks:

(J) 100% R160

(Z) 100% R160

We will see how quickly R160 hit the (R). Should be any day or week now if they tested the line already since the (F) is going to be completed if it hasn't been already with R160.

R32 + R42 on the (R) and (V) are going if they are still on the line since there is much fewer of them now.

I think it is possible the (G) could get R68 but its unclear.

One thing is certain: The Jamaica Yards days of the R32 + R42 are up. Its all R46 and newer from here on in with newer R160s continually coming in for awhile yet.

(E) = Already been 100% for several months now.

(F) = Nope, there will be sets of R46s running on it still

(R) = Dont even bother adding the R160 tag for another month or two

(G) = Not even set in stone yet, nor was there ever a discussion about it getting R68s.

(V) = Might seem to be the case, but there will be an R32 or so on the (V) making an appearance from time to time.

(J)/(Z) = Guess again, those R160s with CBTC wont be coming in waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay after the current order to Jamaica is completed. Those R42s still got a few months to go as those are pretty much the supplemental fleet of East New York

(J)/(Z) = Guess again, those R160s with CBTC wont be coming in waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay after the current order to Jamaica is completed. Those R42s still got a few months to go as those are pretty much the supplemental fleet of East New York

Only if the R42s can last that long. There is a reason why ENY wants to keep them off the road aside for rush hour (Yes I know there are 1 or 2 sets out on the weekend). The plan is to run them into the ground at ENY so they keep them road worthy and thats it. Once one had a real problem, that it.

Only if the R42s can last that long. There is a reason why ENY wants to keep them off the road aside for rush hour (Yes I know there are 1 or 2 sets out on the weekend). The plan is to run them into the ground at ENY so they keep them road worthy and thats it. Once one had a real problem, that it.

ENY is as of right now getting all of the first 64 R160a1's off of the (M) and (J) and putting them on the (L) for CBTC running. 8313-8378 all have CBTC computer and what nots installed and are now ready to run in CBTC/ATO mode. This sould be happening very soon from what I heard. The R1601a's on the (L) will come off and go to the other line.

As for the R42's left on the (J) line they run 2 of them on the Weekend for now becouse the Managment dose not what to lay uo R160a1's at 111st middle tracks over night. This will have to change once the 99XX series R160a1's come in sometime next year.

ENY is as of right now getting all of the first 64 R160a1's off of the (M) and (J) and putting them on the (L) for CBTC running. 8313-8378 all have CBTC computer and what nots installed and are now ready to run in CBTC/ATO mode. This sould be happening very soon from what I heard. The R1601a's on the (L) will come off and go to the other line.

As for the R42's left on the (J) line they run 2 of them on the Weekend for now becouse the Managment dose not what to lay up R160a1's at 111st middle tracks over night. This will have to change once the 99XX series R160a1's come in sometime next year.

I hear soon, if it has not happened already that the (L) will have ATO end to end including the terminals since they "fixed" the problem. Also, why dont they just put 2 R42s at 111th Street, even if they got bombed (hit with graffiti) they would look better then they do now.

As for the R42's left on the (J) line they run 2 of them on the Weekend for now becouse the Managment dose not what to lay uo R160a1's at 111st middle tracks over night. This will have to change once the 99XX series R160a1's come in sometime next year.

Ha! LOL @ everyone who thought that ENY would only be getting 32 additional R160s!

I don't think people understand how many trains the F runs.

While over half of the F is R160, that still doesnt mean that the remaining R160s will be enough to finish filling the F. There aren't that many more R160s to come in.

And yes, there still are only 32 R160s to be assigned to ENY. These will not be CBTC equipped. The CBTC equipped cars are in the 8300 series.

The (L) should be running end to end ATO today except when leaving the terminal it must be in Manual so Train Operator can do the brake test leaving the Terminal.

It kind of make me nerves when I go back to the line on Sat.

Well, I hope all goes well with that.

Archived