A few snaps from the Seashore Trolley Museum in Kennebunkport, Maine

SubwayGuy

Spent some time up at Seashore in Kennebunkport, ME this past weekend (not to be confused with the "Shore Line Trolley Museum" in Branford, CT). Got a pretty comprehensive tour of much of the collection and the facilities there. I didn't take photos of everything because there's, well, a lot, and I went more to experience the place than just take photos, but I did get a few. I just will show some on here, there are more though, I just don't want to upload them all to Tinypic right now.

They have a very nice collection and lots of buildings and shop space, as well as a very good machine shop. They have a lot of NYCT equipment, including an R4, R7, R22, and R33WF car. There is also a ton of MBTA equipment, I don't know the designations, but it dates back close to 80 years and includes more recent rolling stock such as cars built for the red, blue, and orange lines as late as the 1960's. It's a pretty impressive place.

They weren't open for the public, so this was a "private tour", however I do want to make it back next spring/summer if possible because there is lots more to see and do. But here are some highlights:

3176pv6.jpg

2zinhuv.jpg

21cv0gi.jpg

e7jbyt.jpg

rj0dib.jpg

2e21don.jpg

ae705y.jpg

2pyulug.jpg

2uz4fv9.jpg

(B)(MTA)(N)(V)(S)!: The SOAC (State of the Art Cars)

Passenger Area (looks like an (M)(1) right???)

14tlpbo.jpg

Operator Console (looks like a pre GOH (R)(4)(4) / (R)(4)(6) right???)

2prcqqs.jpg

That's all for now...

Archived