Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Diaries of my ride on the QM15 Bus: Day 2

Q101viaSteinway

It was much better today in the bus home because I heard that Johnny asked that Betty go to the stop this morning and she did do that while cutting the line at 34th Street and 3rd Avenue. Today a lady named Judy who appears to be in her mid 60's came on the bus and kept Betty occupied and she talked loud and once we got onto the LIE she tells Johnny about her thanksgiving weekend and that the cops showed up to look for a missing woman who got struck down on some street (Betty also told this woman that Johnny told Betty to go to the stop). This morning I met this lady named Bertha who works on 57th Street and she talked about Betty and called her a b----. Plus she talked about Judy and said she was anorexic (Betty and Judy do not ride my bus into the city) and that Bertha does not ride the bus because of the five or six passengers that screw up the ride for everyone and that she runs for the bus before, even though she has knee problems (Bertha is 74). After Betty leaves and Judy leaves (both get off at 155th Avenue and 84th Street). Johnny said that he picked another run because of the baby crap and, but he resented that he had to work a local route. But he said that it paid good and had weekends off. Aside from Bertha I meet another man named Quentin who is a transit buff and claims route changes that are plain nonsense but it did perk my interest, like running the QM2 and QM2A down Northern to the I-278 into the city and picking up in Jackson Heights and that they are going to increase QM3 service and eliminate the QM22 and that there would be QM15 sunday service and that they would extend the QM15 to Rockaway Park off peak. Also he said that they are going to revise the Q101 and extend it to Penn Station all of which I believe is pure nonsense.

These threads are gonna end up getting merged....

anyway, they want to save the Qm3 like they did the q21... although I can't see where a justifiable ridership increase would emerge from (on the qm3, I mean)....

- that's not the first time I heard about sending Q101's to penn... that one's been floating around for yrs... I don't see this one happening either...

- That Qm2/a one... iono... All I can say to that one is, good luck getting bay terrace & powell's cove/beechhurst residents to welcome that one w/ open arms... lol... even if it's one stop in jackson hgts., they'll fight that one tooth & nail....

- That Qm15 one *might* have the best chance of happening.. there's been talks/rumors floating around, about instantiating x-bus service out in the rockaways... in that general area (along woodhaven/cross bay blvd), the qm15 is more prevalent/utilized than the 16 & the 17... so I guess it'd make *some* sense to simply run the 15 & extend that to the rockaways or w/e....

I meet another man named Quentin who is a transit buff...Also he said that they are going to revise the Q101 and extend it to Penn Station all of which I believe is pure nonsense.

Sounds like the Q101 has a better shot of being extended to Penn Station than Quentin has of getting laid.

Archived