Roosevelt Island's New Orion VII Next Gen's.

Queens Surface

Wonderful!

But I just don't understand why they would need NGs [with the LI battery] when the line itself isn't that long. It seems like a waste to me.

Well, Lead-Acid batteries are no longer in production, all the NGs comes with Lith-Ion batteries now.

Nice shots!

True. Still that NG seems so out of place. Oh well, it's their bus.

Totally, haha. They got coin-operated fare machines?

I remember last time I visited RI, I embarrassingly had to tell the bus operator that my girl and I didn't have any change on us (no metro-card in the heart of the five boroughs!??), and if he had change for a $5. He was cool about it, and just said to get on, no problem.

Great photos, of course!

I remember last time I visited RI, I embarrassingly had to tell the bus operator that my girl and I didn't have any change on us (no metro-card in the heart of the five boroughs!??), and if he had change for a $5. He was cool about it, and just said to get on, no problem.

Great photos, of course!

Good question, what's the fare now? 50 cents?

Nice pixs but i dont get it.. Dont they run on Orion VII HEV OGs? Why order new bues if the current one isn't old.. Unless its to replace an older bus or add extras?

To kick off the D40LFs. I doubt the NG order was big to begin with

Should have gone with CNGs, lol...

The era of diesel engines here in the city are over as we know it...

Well, I wouldnt say that, we got artics coming in with diesel engines.

Wonderful pics!

Thanks

Wonderful!

But I just don't understand why they would need NGs [with the LI battery] when the line itself isn't that long. It seems like a waste to me.

Thanks and yeah there replacing the D40s

cool pics

Thanks

Great photos, of course!

Thanks

im telling you, those NG's are EVERYWHERE. They taking over!!!!!! lol. nice pics.

Thanks and now the Q102 is LGA, the island is all Orion VIIs.

Nice pixs but i dont get it.. Dont they run on Orion VII HEV OGs? Why order new bues if the current one isn't old.. Unless its to replace an older bus or add extras?

Thanks,there replacing 4 out of the 8 D40s.

ok....the fare is ACTUALLY 25 Cents? How often do those buses run?

Dumb Question to ask: Do they take metro cards?

They do not take metrocards, only 25 cents, 10 cents for senior & disabled, free to students with ID 18 and under.

More info:

http://www.rioc.com/bustransportation.htm

The service is pretty fast & reliable!

- A

Archived